PDA

View Full Version : Counter of each paper cassette

Custom Search

fatduke
07-11-2020, 08:43 AM
Hi everyone!

I dunno if there is a similar post on this forum about my question but I need to know please how I can check the single cassette counter of prints.

Is this a way to do it?

Thank you!

Cheers

copier tech
07-11-2020, 10:23 AM
Hi everyone!

I dunno if there is a similar post on this forum about my question but I need to know please how I can check the single cassette counter of prints.

Is this a way to do it?

Thank you!

Cheers

No idea what machine you are referring to? & do you have a service manual for this mystery model?

blackcat4866
07-11-2020, 01:58 PM
Most Konica Minolta devices count feeds in service mode > Life > Counters > then select whatever you want to check or reset. (Note: not lifetime, resettable counters). I could be more specific if I knew what model... like bizhub C224 for example.

=^..^=

emujo2
07-13-2020, 01:17 PM
Correct, Serv mode would give you counts based on paper fed from drawer, while customer counters would show size of paper printed and this could include any drawer that was set for that size.

fatduke
07-13-2020, 04:14 PM
Maybe I was not too clear, lol.

My customer need to print in the different cassettes two different type of labels, and need to know how many of these differents types were printed on each cassette starting
obviusly the page counter from the last quantities printed on that cassette.

About totals, consumables and so on I know everything but my request is different.

Thanks a lot to everyone.

Cheers

blackcat4866
07-13-2020, 04:23 PM
It sounds like a person with some basic third grade math skills should be able to subtract the previous total from the final total, to get a specific count. That can be done based on total count, or based on paper size count, or based on media type count, ... all found on the counter page. =^..^=

Synthohol
07-13-2020, 05:56 PM
I have to add my unsolicited. 02....
Labels do not belong in a tray ever only the bypass set to thick 1 or 2
Unless it's a full page label (no ez-peel ever because they DO) you will likely be peeling labels off a drum belt or vertical section.
Short edge first as indicated on most reputable company will indicate (Avery)
Best of luck!!!

schmeckles22
07-13-2020, 10:26 PM
I have to add my unsolicited. 02....
Labels do not belong in a tray ever only the bypass set to thick 1 or 2
Unless it's a full page label (no ez-peel ever because they DO) you will likely be peeling labels off a drum belt or vertical section.
Short edge first as indicated on most reputable company will indicate (Avery)
Best of luck!!!

Can confirm labels stuck on the fuser is not a fun fix, even so when you have 40-50 orders left to do for the day.
The printers love to chew up those labels once one page gets stuck, the rest will follow.

allan
07-13-2020, 11:22 PM
Setup user accounts and setup the accounts for the different paper types name them accordingly.
Then create printer drivers with the defaults set for those paper types.
Will help to prevent errors like running the stock to quickly thru the machine.
Make sure to set the paper type on the machine as to not be plain paper, this will prevent other user from using those trays.
You can setup pop up notifications that will pop up when you try and print a document.
So the paper does not need to be in the machine all the time if the user know that it needs to be set.
Do this only on the computers that need to be able to print stickers.

You can the setup user account for all the user, but you don't need to.
For that set the machine to print without authentication and enable the public user account.

At the end of the month or when ever you need you can print the user account counter list.

That is one way.

Custom Search