PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C554e mixed originals problem

Custom Search

Kapral
07-14-2020, 02:14 PM
Hello!

I've searched the forums and some guys had similar problem, but no fix.
I have a single C554e machine, that when scanning or copying mixed originals (with mixed originals mode on, of course) will always copy on A3 paper (11x17 equivalent), should it detect, that this paper is present on DF.
Doesn't matter, wether it's A4 or A3, scan or copy is always A3.
I've replaced the ADF, i've upgraded the firmware, i've reset the machine to default settings.
No results. Any ideas?
Is there any sensor in the machine that measures paper size, beside ADF?

rrrohan
07-14-2020, 02:21 PM
Don't you need to specify if doc is same width or same length. Which option are you selecting.

I'd just re do the ADF runup procedure as well

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Kapral
07-14-2020, 02:23 PM
I'm selecting "Different width".

What ADF runup procedure? These machines come with ADF (dual scan) as standard.

tsbservice
07-14-2020, 03:02 PM
Select "Same Width"

Kapral
07-14-2020, 10:42 PM
Select "Same Width"

Did You even read my post?
I want them to be mixed, but the copier, with mixed originals and the function mixed orginals on, won't do mixed originals. It scans everything as A3.

rrrohan
07-15-2020, 01:32 AM
But if your doing A4 and A3 they are same width just different lengths

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

tsbservice
07-15-2020, 07:16 AM
Did You even read my post?
I want them to be mixed, but the copier, with mixed originals and the function mixed orginals on, won't do mixed originals. It scans everything as A3.

Do what you want but stupidity is not excuse.

emujo2
07-15-2020, 03:07 PM
I tested my C364e using LT and LG different widths. copies came out on their correct sizes and scans were correct. LD/LG worked as well. Of course I do not have any EU paper so I can't test the A4/A3, but my guess is you have an issue with 1 of the 3 mixed original sensors PS 10/11/12..maybe try running the ADF Service mode adjustments for Original tray width, and mixed original size adjustment. Both require the special test chart. E

Synaux
07-15-2020, 11:44 PM
I tested my C364e using LT and LG different widths. copies came out on their correct sizes and scans were correct. LD/LG worked as well. Of course I do not have any EU paper so I can't test the A4/A3, but my guess is you have an issue with 1 of the 3 mixed original sensors PS 10/11/12..maybe try running the ADF Service mode adjustments for Original tray width, and mixed original size adjustment. Both require the special test chart. E

If you need the chart, I have made a PDF of it, based on a scan someone here was nice enough to send me.

However, you will have to print it out on a larger sheet and trim it down to an A4. Anyways, let me know if you need it and I will dig it up.

Custom Search