PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C224E

Custom Search

davez@copysystemspa.com
07-14-2020, 08:13 PM
I am getting ready to return a machine to a leasing company that used to have a coin box attached to it. I have to disable the coin box from the copier service modes (coin box is disconnected) in order for the copier to work as an office machine again. Can anyone tell me how to do that or how to perform a factory reset.

Thanks for the help.

Dave Z.

allan
07-14-2020, 08:34 PM
Service mode > Billing settings > Management function choice.

To get to billing settings use <stop> <9> after entering service mode.

Set it to none i think.

Do an all data clear under <initialization> in service mode to clear custom settings and address book.
You can also format the HDD if you really need to.

tulintron
07-14-2020, 08:41 PM
I am getting ready to return a machine to a leasing company that used to have a coin box attached to it. I have to disable the coin box from the copier service modes (coin box is disconnected) in order for the copier to work as an office machine again. Can anyone tell me how to do that or how to perform a factory reset.

Thanks for the help.

Dave Z.Dipsw 12 HEX at 00. Run Initialize in service mode, disable Billing Mode.

davez@copysystemspa.com
07-14-2020, 08:56 PM
Allan, Thanks for the response. Because the old coin box was thrown out and the copier was set to vend mode, the message on the Op Panel says "Plug in Vendor Device" Which means I have no numeric key pad display to enter the service mode. I can only get into the administrator modes but not service. Do you know another way into the service mode, or how to return to factory specs without?

Dave Z.

tulintron
07-14-2020, 09:05 PM
The display keypad option may be disabled in administrator mode.

Try turning the printer on by pressing the RESET button. This way you can

allan
07-14-2020, 09:30 PM
Seems like the admin can lock the tech out from <Management function choice> or service mode all together?
Enhanced security mode could be set to on?
Could it have been an USB device?
Physically removing the HDD from the machine and hope the HDD error can get you into service mode?

rrrohan
07-15-2020, 01:42 AM
If no on screen number pad you could get into service mode via the trouble reset screen instead

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

zoool
07-15-2020, 08:12 PM
try to change autorization in admin

oldschool
07-21-2020, 03:59 PM
Depending on the type of vending you may be able to disable it in the admin mode. If Vendor 2 was used, Log in as admin. Go to security > Function Management settings (or management function settings) > useage settings for each function. If Vendor 2 was used there will be options like Print, Copy and Send Data. Anything set to on will require a vend device to function. You can set them to off and the copier will allow that function freely. That should give you all the access you'll need.

cjvp56
02-01-2021, 06:18 PM
Does anyone have a movie file for the c224e? Been looking for one and cant find one to purchase anywhere.

copier tech
02-01-2021, 08:18 PM
Allan, Thanks for the response. Because the old coin box was thrown out and the copier was set to vend mode, the message on the Op Panel says "Plug in Vendor Device" Which means I have no numeric key pad display to enter the service mode. I can only get into the administrator modes but not service. Do you know another way into the service mode, or how to return to factory specs without?

Dave Z.

Plug in a PC keyboard into a USB & use that keypad.

copier tech
02-01-2021, 08:19 PM
Does anyone have a movie file for the c224e? Been looking for one and cant find one to purchase anywhere.

Yes sure we can supply this for you, drop us an email.

Firmware Update - Printer & Copier Firmware (http://www.copierfirmware.co.uk)

srvctec
02-03-2021, 09:50 PM
Plug in a PC keyboard into a USB & use that keypad.

We were curious about this so we just tried on a 4e series machine in our shop and it doesn't work for getting into service mode but the USB PC keyboard works for lots of other areas of the user and admin modes (we thought it only took the kb from KM and that any generic PC kb wouldn't work). For instance, typing in network settings and one touches. Is there a special way to make an external USB PC keyboard work for entering the service mode? Just curious for future reference.

Synthohol
02-03-2021, 10:42 PM
wait, hit menu, counter then hit display keypad. theres your keypad. no?
also you can hold down panel reset while turning on. you hit trouble reset then enter service from there on the keypad displayed.

Custom Search