PDA

View Full Version : BH-363 dead

Custom Search

Hansoon
07-17-2020, 07:41 PM
Got from a wholesaler a very clean and nice BH-363. Counter is showing only 49K. Everything is super clean but the machine does not start up. Display remains dark but machine is firing up otherwise and even the heater comes on. Based on the screws missing from the backpanel and other traces I could imagine that one messed up with the NVRAM etc.

Anyone having for me please the NVRAM reset tool for the BH-363, 423 series?

Thanks in advance.

Hans

Synthohol
07-17-2020, 09:10 PM
ck your PMs

Hansoon
07-18-2020, 06:06 AM
Cannot open the link :(

Hans

Hansoon
07-18-2020, 08:53 AM
OK, I found elsewhere the NVRAM reset thingy and used it. After a lot of different error codes, Chinese language indications in the display, many fault codes and finally the dreaded "License Error" machine is up and seems mechanically working but..........

the display showing is the display of a color machine not as it should be B&W for a BH-363. Though the machine appears to work mechanically (prints come out solid black but that might have another reason yet) it is unacceptable to have this stupid color display in a mono machine. Obviously was my first impression right that someone, perhaps the wholesaler, messed up with the original NVRAM in this otherwise nice and very clean machine.

Any ideas how to get rid of this display bungle?

Hans

copier tech
07-18-2020, 12:40 PM
OK, I found elsewhere the NVRAM reset thingy and used it. After a lot of different error codes, Chinese language indications in the display, many fault codes and finally the dreaded "License Error" machine is up and seems mechanically working but..........

the display showing is the display of a color machine not as it should be B&W for a BH-363. Though the machine appears to work mechanically (prints come out solid black but that might have another reason yet) it is unacceptable to have this stupid color display in a mono machine. Obviously was my first impression right that someone, perhaps the wholesaler, messed up with the original NVRAM in this otherwise nice and very clean machine.

Hans

Sounds like you used the wrong NVRam reset tool, maybe for the C360 etc?

Hansoon
07-18-2020, 01:24 PM
That's what I am thinking but according to my information should it be "A1UD0Y0-F000-GQ7-D1(00)"
This is what is mentioned in the accompanying description of KonicaMinolta and what I installed:

"bizhub 423/363/283/223 Jig firmware GQ7-D1 A1UDOY0-F000-GQ7-DA(00).exe"

Hans

copier tech
07-18-2020, 06:15 PM
That's what I am thinking but according to my information should it be "A1UD0Y0-F000-GQ7-D1(00)"
This is what is mentioned in the accompanying description of KonicaMinolta and what I installed:

"bizhub 423/363/283/223 Jig firmware GQ7-D1 A1UDOY0-F000-GQ7-DA(00).exe"

Hans

When you say the machine has a “colour screen” do you mean it has the option to choose a colour copy?

Hansoon
07-19-2020, 10:44 AM
Yep! See attached pictures.

:cool:

Hans

copier tech
07-19-2020, 11:24 AM

Hans

Very strange!

Try the correct mass production firmware again.

Also for the License management error try this:

1. Go to the service mode and change machine serial number to A0R6021006374 (must be uppercase)
2. Reboot the machine (turn off/on main power switch)
3. Go again to the service mode, then [STOP]->[9], then [License Management]->[Initialise]
4. Use following initialisation code: 2VRA4-UGGA2-Z2H4K-7AVUH-F58SW-J2Z7U-QVKVK
5. Reboot machine again
6. One more time go to service mode and set back your original serial number
7. Last reboot, and you should have no error

blackcat4866
07-19-2020, 02:20 PM
How bizarre! =^..^=

femaster
07-20-2020, 04:02 AM
I'm pretty sure there is a bitswitch that can be changed to fix that, but I don't recall what it is. I'll try to remember to ask at the office tomorrow, I know that have it documented somewhere...

allan
07-20-2020, 11:17 AM
There was a B/W version of the C360...

copier tech
07-20-2020, 01:22 PM
There was a B/W version of the C360...

Really? Never seen one but I bet it was super reliable.

tsbservice
07-20-2020, 01:43 PM

Hans

Wrong/Corrupted Movie data?

emujo2
07-20-2020, 02:52 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a bitswitch that can be changed to fix that, but I don't recall what it is. I'll try to remember to ask at the office tomorrow, I know that have it documented somewhere...
Although I could get behind the idea that a softswitch could enable/disable the color selection, what could be the possible reason to put a softswitch in for color selection on a B&W model. What does your printer config sheet look like? Generic or 363?

allan
07-20-2020, 06:36 PM
Really? Never seen one but I bet it was super reliable.

My bad, checked now. I was thinking of the Bizhub 360 b/w machine. Konica POS.

femaster
07-20-2020, 11:51 PM

Sorry it took me so long, they could not find the reference material at the office today. Took me quite some time to track it down, but I finally found it...

NOTE: Switch 10 referenced in the article will wipe out some of the settings in the machine if you've already gone through it. I know it clears out things like network settings, but I can't remember the rest. Hopefully it will already be set correctly, as switch 10 deals with the brand indication, (Konica Minolta vs Generic, etc.) that shows up on reports and in PageScope.

Hansoon
07-21-2020, 04:04 AM
Interesting info guys. Thanks, will dig in it next week. Got in the meantime the information that indeed one messed up and likely put the BH-363 B&W NVRAM into a BH-C-280 color machine before..........
For the moment the machine is back in storage, have no time. I got now for the purpose a BH-283 to satisfy the customer for the moment but for sure I'll come back on that spooky BH-363.

Thanks again all of you.

Hans

tsbservice
07-21-2020, 04:44 AM
Sorry it took me so long, they could not find the reference material at the office today. Took me quite some time to track it down, but I finally found it...

NOTE: Switch 10 referenced in the article will wipe out some of the settings in the machine if you've already gone through it. I know it clears out things like network settings, but I can't remember the rest. Hopefully it will already be set correctly, as switch 10 deals with the brand indication, (Konica Minolta vs Generic, etc.) that shows up on reports and in PageScope.

Exactly what I was told by KonMin rep.
"DO NOT MODIFY SWITCH 10 if you don't want weird messages and glitches."

Custom Search