PDA

View Full Version : The sudden death of a DU-104

Custom Search

orestesp
07-19-2020, 07:50 AM
Hello,

Something happened the other day that had me confused. I printed a couple of sheets on the C6500, made some changes to the job, and then quite literally after 10 minutes when I went to re-submit job with the changes I made this happens... The black drum for some reason started picking up excess toner and soiling the entire background with it. The first thing I did was throw in a new K drum and the problem immediately stopped. I went ahead and printed a couple of hundred sheets after that with no problem at all.

Machine counter is 3M. New coronas, K drum and dev almost at their EOL. The cleaning blade isn't to blame, it was the first thing I checked.

I've attached a picture of the drum, where you can clearly see what happened (I have also removed some details from the printed job, but it shouldn't matter as you can still see what's going on). Sorry for not attaching a picture of the printed sheet, I had totally forgot about taking a picture of it.

Thanks.

blackcat4866
07-19-2020, 02:23 PM
That looks like a contaminated primary charge to me. =^..^=

Synthohol
07-19-2020, 07:58 PM
were all the proper adjustments made?
gamma? counter reset? red screws removed from blade? slit glass clean on laser?

orestesp
07-19-2020, 08:03 PM
This happened to the old drum. When I installed a new one to replace the old one, the problem was gone. I didn't change any other variable when I installed the new drum on K. And as I said, the old one was nearing its EOL, it wasn't way past it or something like that that may explain this.

It went from working OK to this in literally 10 minutes. I don't know how, the machine was just sitting idle.

copyman
07-20-2020, 05:01 AM
No one has asked the first question I always ask with a weird issue like this, are you using ALL genuine K/M consumable supplies?

That is very stange for a drum to take a crap like that???

orestesp
07-20-2020, 05:52 AM
No one has asked the first question I always ask with a weird issue like this, are you using ALL genuine K/M consumable supplies?

That is very stange for a drum to take a crap like that???It was a genuine KM drum. I don't use compatible parts on this machine.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

Custom Search