PDA

View Full Version : Remote Panel - Possible to Scan/Fax?

Custom Search

fingertipsolutions
07-19-2020, 11:32 AM
Hello all,

Slightly odd question - is it possible to trigger a Scan / send from the remote panel?

I have a customer experiencing difficulty with scanning to network folder. The devil's in the detail with this, I'm certain it's a combination of settings on the photocopier (a BizHub C454) and the Windows 10 workstation it's trying to save the scan to.

The customer is remote, with limited access times on site. I have remote access to the workstation, and setup remote panel with a view to triggering remote scans of nothing on the device, purely to tweak settings and test.

To my frustration, remote panel allows me to do anything currently on screen, but doesn't allow me to press the hardware scan / fax button that would make this scheme come together.

Am I missing something? Is there any other way I can remotely trigger a scan to test the functionality?

TIA - Austin.

copier tech
07-19-2020, 11:41 AM
Hello all,

Slightly odd question - is it possible to trigger a Scan / send from the remote panel?

I have a customer experiencing difficulty with scanning to network folder. The devil's in the detail with this, I'm certain it's a combination of settings on the photocopier (a BizHub C454) and the Windows 10 workstation it's trying to save the scan to.

The customer is remote, with limited access times on site. I have remote access to the workstation, and setup remote panel with a view to triggering remote scans of nothing on the device, purely to tweak settings and test.

To my frustration, remote panel allows me to do anything currently on screen, but doesn't allow me to press the hardware scan / fax button that would make this scheme come together.

Am I missing something? Is there any other way I can remotely trigger a scan to test the functionality?

TIA - Austin.

Although this doesn't answer your question it maybe the solution.

The C454 only supports SMB v1 so most likely their Win 10 machine had the security patch installed blocking SMB v1 or their IT disabled it etc.

rrrohan
07-19-2020, 11:49 AM
Hello all,

TIA - Austin.

yes. you just will need to specify a paper size. also after you finish testing the copier will complain about original left on glass so customer is hopefully smart enough to deal with that message

fingertipsolutions
07-19-2020, 11:53 AM
yes. you just will need to specify a paper size. also after you finish testing the copier will complain about original left on glass so customer is hopefully smart enough to deal with that message

Thank you. I'm probably being dumb, but can you see from the attached screenshot where I'd "press" to get to the scan dialog?

fingertipsolutions
07-19-2020, 11:54 AM
Although this doesn't answer your question is maybe the solution.

The C454 only supports SMB v1 so most likely their Win 10 machine had the security patch installed blocking SMB v1 or their IT disabled it etc.

Thank you, I think that you're right. I need to be able to test such setting changes before I can go back to the customer as say "fixed it".

-Austin.

rrrohan
07-19-2020, 12:36 PM
Thank you. I'm probably being dumb, but can you see from the attached screenshot where I'd "press" to get to the scan dialog?

press menu on the far right then scan/fax. Remote panel can be a bit laggy sometimes so once you press a button and it doesnt seem to have registered hit the refresh button (not the browser refresh) to confirm.

if issue ends up being SMB1 being phased out just switch them to FTP instead. i presume email will possibly not be possible if your SMTP server needs TLS

tsbservice
07-20-2020, 02:30 PM
Although this doesn't answer your question it maybe the solution.

The C454 only supports SMB v1 ...

Should be doable with FW version GBF-M0

tsbservice
07-20-2020, 02:32 PM
Hello all,

TIA - Austin.

Just done it and it works, different machine though - Bizhub C250i.

Custom Search