PDA

View Full Version : Request bizhub c220 firmware

Custom Search

TryToCopy
07-19-2020, 02:06 PM
Hi guys,
recently I became the owner of an old Konica Minolta bizhub c220 which has never seen a firmware update.

I'd be very grateful if someone would be able to send me a pm or mail since I wasn't able to find anything on the internet.

Thanks in advance,
greets,
Clemens

Phil B.
07-19-2020, 02:24 PM
Hi guys,
recently I became the owner of an old Konica Minolta bizhub c220 which has never seen a firmware update.

I'd be very grateful if someone would be able to send me a pm or mail since I wasn't able to find anything on the internet.

Thanks in advance,
greets,
Clemens

are you having any problems with it?

what makes you think you need firmware?

TryToCopy
07-19-2020, 07:03 PM
are you having any problems with it?

what makes you think you need firmware?

It is an old machine from the place i work, it had some issues so my boss bought a newer model and gave the old one to me, so i could try fixing the problems and use it for myself.
Shortly after I got it, I read in some forums that suggested to reset the Printer through the Service Mode what I did then.
All of the former software issues where fixed by that, but I had to put aside the project, due to a lack of time. That was 9 month ago.
At my workplace the printer hasnt seen any technician, except me, for around 2 to 3 years. Makes it summed up around 3 to 4 years surely no firmeware update. (I don't know if there are any updates that came out in that time)

A few days ago I started the project again and there seemed to be some functions missing some guys were talking about on a youtube video.
So I was thinking that it might be due to a missing firmeware update.

You can find screenshots of my printers firmeware dialog attached (page 4 and 5 have no entries)

Greets

Phil B.
07-19-2020, 07:38 PM
It is an old machine from the place i work, it had some issues so my boss bought a newer model and gave the old one to me, so i could try fixing the problems and use it for myself.
Shortly after I got it, I read in some forums that suggested to reset the Printer through the Service Mode what I did then.
All of the former software issues where fixed by that, but I had to put aside the project, due to a lack of time. That was 9 month ago.
At my workplace the printer hasnt seen any technician, except me, for around 2 to 3 years. Makes it summed up around 3 to 4 years surely no firmeware update. (I don't know if there are any updates that came out in that time)

A few days ago I started the project again and there seemed to be some functions missing some guys were talking about on a youtube video.

You can find screenshots of my printers firmeware dialog attached (page 4 and 5 have no entries)

GreetsOk great..
But what 'function' is missing?
Print out error log (pdf format) to give us an idea of what's going on.
Firmware version info is great , but without knowing specifically what issues you have, is worthless to me.
Knowing drum/dev life left would also be great.
You say 3 - 4 years since a trained tech touched it, who has been replacing PM parts?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

copier tech
07-19-2020, 07:46 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance,
greets,
Clemens

Happy to help drop us an email

www.copierfirmware.co.uk (http://www.copierfirmware.co.uk/)

TryToCopy
07-20-2020, 12:31 AM
Ok great..
But what 'function' is missing?
Print out error log (pdf format) to give us an idea of what's going on.
Firmware version info is great , but without knowing specifically what issues you have, is worthless to me.
Knowing drum/dev life left would also be great.
You say 3 - 4 years since a trained tech touched it, who has been replacing PM parts?

The box and scan functions were missing and I thought it's because of the firmware.. In fact it's been because the HDD was set unmounted in Service Mode..
Finally found the solution here:
Bizhub c451 one-touch/user box registration is hidden in Administrator settings (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/85931-bizhub-c451-one-touch-user-box-registration-hidden-administrator-settings.html)

I've been replacing parts.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Greets

TryToCopy
07-20-2020, 12:52 AM
The box and scan functions were missing and I thought it's because of the firmware.. In fact it's been because the HDD was set unmounted in Service Mode..
Finally found the solution here:
Bizhub c451 one-touch/user box registration is hidden in Administrator settings (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/85931-bizhub-c451-one-touch-user-box-registration-hidden-administrator-settings.html)

I've been replacing parts.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Greets

Actually now I ran into an issue where I think that I'd really need the firmware to solve.. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm presented with the "No Animation Guide Data Available" since the HDD seems to be formated.

Greets

Phil B.
07-20-2020, 01:56 AM
Actually now I ran into an issue where I think that I'd really need the firmware to solve.. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm presented with the "No Animation Guide Data Available" since the HDD seems to be formated.

GreetsCongrats on getting the main issue resolved.
Animation guides won't stop the functions of the copier.
If you desire those files make a separate post requesting the files.
For a small contribution to CTN that will earn you a CONTRIBUTOR badge. And the guys with the files you seak are more willing to help FOC.
The monies go to the upkeep of this wonderful resource for the tech community.

mga
07-20-2020, 06:38 PM

Greets

Well done and thank you for letting us know the outcome

tsbservice
07-20-2020, 07:08 PM
When you do Initialize All in System 1 sometimes it will disable HDD common rookie mistake. Just do some more googling and as in your case you will find. But in fact nowadays 9 people out of 10 don't know how to do Internet search mostly because of lack of grey matter(with honorable mention of laziness).

TryToCopy
07-20-2020, 07:38 PM
When you do Initialize All in System 1 sometimes it will disable HDD common rookie mistake. Just do some more googling and as in your case you will find. But in fact nowadays 9 people out of 10 don't know how to do Internet search mostly because of lack of grey matter(with honorable mention of laziness).

Actually I didn't Initialize All in System 1, I'm pretty sure that I've made a rookie mistake at some other point, but thats maybe because of I'm a rookie with Konica Minolta bizhub printers?
Everything I did sounded reasonable for me, but clearly something went a way not intended.

I'm very happy that out there are people like Phil B. who really trys to help without being that kind of offensive...

What's your contribution to solve this problem with a statement like:

But in fact nowadays 9 people out of 10 don't know how to do Internet search mostly because of lack of grey matter(with honorable mention of laziness).
If you clearly have no idea how much time i spent trying to fix the machine?

mga
07-20-2020, 07:44 PM
Wow

Phil B.
07-20-2020, 07:57 PM
Actually I didn't Initialize All in System 1, I'm pretty sure that I've made a rookie mistake at some other point, but thats maybe because of I'm a rookie with Konica Minolta bizhub printers?
Everything I did sounded reasonable for me, but clearly something went a way not intended.

I'm very happy that out there are people like Phil B. who really trys to help without being that kind of offensive...

If you clearly have no idea how much time i spent trying to fix the machine?

thanks for the kudos.

BUT I respectfully request you watch your tone/attitude with users here esp the ones that know what the fuck they are talking about. TBS is a GREAT tech and is willing to help ANYONE out there that requires help.

Keep that 'tude up and you will start earning RED CARDS. Just a word of warning .. take it or leave it dude. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

tsbservice
07-20-2020, 07:58 PM
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I'm not criticize you at all, in fact you find by yourself right solution which gives you at a top of most people coming here pretending for free tech's help and firmware. So more than often Phil B aka Dentist had to pull basic information from topic starter. It's actually refreshing to see someone asking intelligent questions and very satisfying when people give others feedback. Unfortunately that is rather to be seen here. That was my point.

mga
07-20-2020, 08:02 PM
I think he be ok he's just joined and he's a made contribution let's give him the benefit of doubt and start again.

TryToCopy
07-20-2020, 08:05 PM
thanks for the kudos.

BUT I respectfully request you watch your tone/attitude with users here esp the ones that know what the fuck they are talking about. TBS is a GREAT tech and is willing to help ANYONE out there that requires help.

Keep that 'tude up and you will start earning RED CARDS. Just a word of warning .. take it or leave it dude. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sorry if my tone was too harsh! The last sentences of his post are clearly unnecessary, it just doesn't contribute to any problem solving being offensive...

When you do Initialize All in System 1 sometimes it will disable HDD common rookie mistake.

The first sentence actually was helpful, thanks for that. But what was the rest for? I came to this forum because it seemed to be run by people who are helping with issue related troubleshooting.
That's why i contributed, because the help i've got yesterday, in a very little amount of time was outstanding! I think like anybody else I don't like being offended..

Phil B.
07-20-2020, 08:05 PM
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I'm not criticize you at all, in fact you find by yourself right solution which gives you at a top of most people coming here pretending for free tech's help and firmware. So more than often Phil B aka Dentist had to pull basic information from topic starter. It's actually refreshing to see someone asking intelligent questions and very satisfying when people give others feedback. Unfortunately that is rather to be seen here. That was my point.

+10 brother!

Phil B.
07-20-2020, 08:07 PM
Sorry if my tone was too harsh! The last sentences of his post are clearly unnecessary, it just doesn't contribute to any problem solving being offensive...

The first sentence actually was helpful, thanks for that. But what was the rest for? I came to this forum because it seemed to be run by people who are helping with issue related troubleshooting.
That's why i contributed, because the help i've got yesterday, in a very little amount of time was outstanding! I think like anybody else I don't like being offended..

OK you have been warned in public n private...

CONGRATS you have pissed me off enough to throw you your first RED CARD GOOD JOB BOZO!

don't expect help from me anymore!
:mad::p

TryToCopy
07-20-2020, 08:08 PM

Sorry for the misunderstanding, its been a long day...

TryToCopy
07-20-2020, 08:14 PM
OK you have been warned in public n private...

CONGRATS you have pissed me off enough to throw you your first RED CARD GOOD JOB BOZO!

don't expect help from me anymore!
:mad::p

Well thanks for your help anyways!

It wasn't my intention to attack anybody, the thing with my grey matter or laziness just didn't feel right for me after everything I've tried.
I did not want to piss anybody off...

tsbservice
07-20-2020, 08:23 PM
Sorry for the misunderstanding, its been a long day...

No harsh feelings here. I just regret the fact this overall good thread takes this way maybe because some misunderstanding. I will give you green card because of this.

P.S.
Great thanks to fellow techs who know what I mean.
All stay safe and have a good summer.

TryToCopy
07-21-2020, 09:45 PM
Big thanks to the forum for your help, everything is working great so far! :)

mga
07-22-2020, 06:33 PM
Big thanks to the forum for your help, everything is working great so far! :)

Thank you for the update it's nice sometimes when we hear the outcome you will start to know the users that know what they are talking about stay safe

emujo2
07-22-2020, 07:17 PM
Be careful, your 10th Red Card autmatically deduct $100.00 from your bank account. Ed

tsbservice
07-22-2020, 07:35 PM
Be careful, your 10th Red Card autmatically deduct $100.00 from your bank account. Ed
Not witty as Synth but keep trying ;)

MarioTech
07-23-2020, 12:26 AM
[QUOTE=TryToCopy;1529775]It is an old machine from the place i work, it had some issues so my boss bought a newer model and gave the old one to me, so i could try fixing the problems and use it for myself.

Greets[/QUOTE
The last firmware that came out is Version bizhub C220, C280, C360 Firmware Version G00-D2
It came out out in 2012, what issues are you having?

copier tech
07-23-2020, 08:51 AM
[QUOTE=TryToCopy;1529775]It is an old machine from the place i work, it had some issues so my boss bought a newer model and gave the old one to me, so i could try fixing the problems and use it for myself.

Greets[/QUOTE
The last firmware that came out is Version bizhub C220, C280, C360 Firmware Version G00-D2
It came out out in 2012, what issues are you having?

We have a later version out GDR-D1

femaster
07-23-2020, 11:16 PM
We have a later version out GDR-D1

What you have there is special firmware, not the base firmware. Special firmware shouldn't be used unless the customer is having an issue that the special firmware is known to resolve, or needs a certain feature or setting that the firmware incorporates. Also, even though the date on that special firmware might be more recent, the D1 indicates that it is in fact an earlier revision, and the seemingly older base firmware of D2 is in fact newer.

copier tech
07-24-2020, 10:38 AM
What you have there is special firmware, not the base firmware. Special firmware shouldn't be used unless the customer is having an issue that the special firmware is known to resolve, or needs a certain feature or setting that the firmware incorporates. Also, even though the date on that special firmware might be more recent, the D1 indicates that it is in fact an earlier revision, and the seemingly older base firmware of D2 is in fact newer.

In the UK this is not referred to as "special firmware" It is simply the latest firmware in-between a mass production release.

There is a list of bug fixes in these latest versions (see attached pdf.) we update our machines when ever a new release comes out, it makes a difference for reliability.

We call it "preventative maintenance" i'e fix the fault before it is reported by the client.

femaster
07-25-2020, 07:27 PM
In the UK this is not referred to as "special firmware" It is simply the latest firmware in-between a mass production release.
There is a list of bug fixes in these latest versions (see attached pdf.) we update our machines when ever a new release comes out, it makes a difference for reliability.
We call it "preventative maintenance" i'e fix the fault before it is reported by the client.

To each there own I guess. There have been notices issue by KM about using "special firmware" when it's not needed because on occasion that firmware can cause other issues that aren't present in the base firmware. Some of those special firmware actually have older versions of things that were "rolled back" because a later version broke something that only a rare few customers used. A classic example of this is right in the firmware you are offering up as newer. Your firmware is based off of revision D1, which is older than D2. What fixes are you missing from your "newer" firmware that were incorporated in revision D2?

If it's been working for you, great. Hopefully you won't come across one of those instances were something breaks because of it.

copier tech
04-23-2021, 03:22 PM
Hello from Germany,

i know it is my first post and my englich is not the yellow of the egg :-)
I become from my chef an bizhub c220 and the drum unit is end of life.

before i buy a new one, i will check the machine has more then this problem.

now i read with a firmwareupdate i can disable drum unit check.
is this right?

have anyone this firmware?

thank you

Happy to help with the firmware & reset instructions.

We can supply most major manufacturers printer & photocopier firmware. Click Here To Download - Ricoh, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Lexmark or Canon Firmware (http://www.copierfirmware.co.uk)

Phil B.
04-23-2021, 08:29 PM

If you clearly have no idea how much time i spent trying to fix the machine?Suggest you go easy on senior techs here.
Snarky 'tudes will earn you red cards.

emujo2
04-23-2021, 09:08 PM
Hello from Germany,

i know it is my first post and my englich is not the yellow of the egg :-)
I become from my chef an bizhub c220 and the drum unit is end of life.

before i buy a new one, i will check the machine has more then this problem.

now i read with a firmwareupdate i can disable drum unit check.
is this right?

have anyone this firmware?

thank you

Here's my 2 cents..This firmware is for techs that wanted their customers to stop calling in and demanding a replacement drum/IU/fuser ect when the message came on. Many of these items ran well past their stated life..just let the message display and change the item when you have a copy quality issue..

copier tech
04-24-2021, 10:23 AM
Here's my 2 cents..This firmware is for techs that wanted their customers to stop calling in and demanding a replacement drum/IU/fuser ect when the message came on. Many of these items ran well past their stated life..just let the message display and change the item when you have a copy quality issue..

Exactly, not only does this this save the tech/company money it keeps the client happy & less waste going into landfill.

Metasfrastiki
03-10-2022, 08:34 PM
Hello from Greece,

I recently change the main board in my Konica Minolta BizHub C220 and after that it gave me a error C164.
If somebody can send me the Firmware i would be grateful!!!

copier tech
03-11-2022, 06:45 AM
Hello from Greece,

I recently change the main board in my Konica Minolta BizHub C220 and after that it gave me a error C164.
If somebody can send me the Firmware i would be grateful!!!

Printer & Copier Firmware - www.printerfirmware.co.uk (http://www.PrinterFirmware.co.uk)

Metasfrastiki
03-11-2022, 07:09 AM

Printer & Copier Firmware - www.printerfirmware.co.uk (http://www.PrinterFirmware.co.uk)

mike.zotos@gmail.com

Custom Search