PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Custom Search

Alie
07-21-2020, 01:46 AM
Can someone help me here. I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub C454e, when printing, the colour red is a shadow to the black words and the pictures have more red in colour then the other colours.
What can I do?

qbert69
07-21-2020, 01:59 AM
Can someone help me here. I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub C454e, when printing, the colour red is a shadow to the black words and the pictures have more red in colour then the other colours.
What can I do?Red or Magenta???[emoji848] First of all, apparently your black is not true black but using CMY+K to make black. If you feel the process black print, it will almost feel like a slightly puffed up thermal embossing due to the colors layering. The shadow sounds like it is from mis-registration of the colors magenta away from the other colors. Clean your Intermediate transfer belt registration sensors...finally, too much magenta in pictures? Run process calibration in service mode. Print a test in strictly b&w, then in color. If none of this makes sense to you, do yourself a favor and call a certified technician to check it out for you. [emoji41][emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Alie
07-21-2020, 02:07 AM
Red or Magenta???[emoji848] First of all, apparently your black is not true black but using CMY+K to make black. If you feel the process black print, it will almost feel like a slightly puffed up thermal embossing due to the colors layering. The shadow sounds like it is from mis-registration of the colors magenta away from the other colors. Clean your Intermediate transfer belt registration sensors...finally, too much magenta in pictures? Run process calibration in service mode. Print a test in strictly b&w, then in color. If none of this makes sense to you, do yourself a favor and call a certified technician to check it out for you. [emoji41][emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

thanks for your responds there. I will try it.

tsbservice
07-21-2020, 05:00 AM
What can I do?

Maybe provide more info. Some samples?

Alie
07-21-2020, 06:10 AM
Maybe provide more info. Some samples?

Hi tsbservice,

I have attached the original file which you can compare with the problem one.

Synthohol
07-21-2020, 01:39 PM
can you post any smaller images? ;)

Hansoon
07-21-2020, 04:13 PM

LOL!

:D

Not the first time I'm wondering about those utter useless "thumbnails" for judging print quality or finding complications. More useless even when on top of it they are also fuzzy or unsharp.

Hans

Alie
07-21-2020, 11:49 PM
LOL!

:D

Not the first time I'm wondering about those utter useless "thumbnails" for judging print quality or finding complications. More useless even when on top of it they are also fuzzy or unsharp.

Hans

The print looks fuzzy and unsharp because of the shadow of the print. The shadow is magenta.

Alie
07-21-2020, 11:59 PM
I'm uploading the images but it's not working here.

Phil B.
07-22-2020, 12:03 AM

always the one with the ' rapier ' wit! I was going to respond with something likewise as witty! ;):cool:

and it would be nice to see LARGER samples and in PDF format

MarioTech
07-22-2020, 12:07 AM
What can I do?
Definitely sounds like a registration issue, however the samples you provided aren't that great. Did you run all adjustments and calibrations?

Phil B.
07-22-2020, 12:10 AM
I'm uploading the images but it's not working here.

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachment s

Attachments and Images How do I attach a file to a post?
To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.
On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.
To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.
Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.
What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?
In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.
How do I add an image to a post?
If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.
To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing before the URL and after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert photos from your albums (?) (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_albums) in this way too.

How do I create a new poll?
When you post a new thread, you may also have the option to create a poll.
This allows you to ask a question and specify a number of possible responses. Other members will then be able to vote for the response they wish, and the results of the voting will be displayed in the thread.
An example poll might be:
What is your favorite color?

Red
Blue
Yellow
Green
Sky-blue
Pink with yellow spots

To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the 'Yes, post a poll with this thread' checkbox at the bottom of the page, and set the number of possible responses you want to include.
When you click the submit button, you will be taken to the poll creation page, where you can specify the question and the list of responses you want to include.
You may also want to specify a time limit for the poll, so that (for example) it stays open for voting for only a week.

another good page is our forum rules: https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules

Alie
07-22-2020, 12:22 AM
always the one with the ' rapier ' wit! I was going to respond with something likewise as witty! ;):cool:

and it would be nice to see LARGER samples and in PDF format

Phil B.
07-22-2020, 12:25 AM
Definitely sounds like a registration issue, however the samples you provided aren't that great. Did you run all adjustments and calibrations?

+1

Phil B.
07-22-2020, 12:28 AM

ok .. what are the life counts on:
drums
dev
belt

are you using OEM genuine toner

OR

compatible

have you cleaned the laser slit glass

is the machine clean inside

as Mario said,

run color calibration/registration

report back please

Alie
07-22-2020, 12:41 AM

Yes, I think it's the colour registration issue or a damage developing unit or a damage toner cartridge. I did run all the adjustments and calibrations and the magenta shadow disappears then after some few minutes it appears again. The b&w printing is okay but it' only the colour printing that's giving this issue.

Thanks for your clever reply. This will help me to examine the machine more better. I called the technicians to have a look at it but they are not intelligent then you all here.
I have corrected this technicians two times and I know for sure that there not that experiance.

Alie
07-22-2020, 12:44 AM
ok .. what are the life counts on:
drums
dev
belt

are you using OEM genuine toner

OR

compatible

have you cleaned the laser slit glass

is the machine clean inside

as Mario said,

run color calibration/registration

report back please

The drum, dev and belt life counts are more than 50%. Read my reply to Mario's post. It is a registration issue or damage dev or cartridge.

MarioTech
07-22-2020, 01:03 AM
Yes, I think it's the colour registration issue or a damage developing unit or a damage toner cartridge. I did run all the adjustments and calibrations and the magenta shadow disappears then after some few minutes it appears again. The b&w printing is okay but it' only the colour printing that's giving this issue.

Thanks for your clever reply. This will help me to examine the machine more better. I called the technicians to have a look at it but they are not intelligent then you all here.
I have corrected this technicians two times and I know for sure that there not that experiance.

Great I'm glad you are getting closer to the source of the problem! Phil had a good point that I missed in regards usage of consumables, but sometimes components fail even if they have plenty of life left. Focus on the rotation of the particular color that's having the issue, try replacing M with used unit to discard if problem resides on copier or image units. Cheat front cover and check for any abnormal behavior. I believe the waste tank covers the image units on these models can't remember from top of my head, and if you have firmware I'd bring it to latest version but only update 2 versions at a time from current one to avoid messing up OS.

Phil B.
07-22-2020, 01:13 AM
The drum, dev and belt life counts are more than 50%. Read my reply to Mario's post. It is a registration issue or damage dev or cartridge.Not likely a toner... dev or drum unit would be my quess

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Alie
07-22-2020, 01:23 AM
Great I'm glad you are getting closer to the source of the problem! Phil had a good point that I missed in regards usage of consumables, but sometimes components fail even if they have plenty of life left. Focus on the rotation of the particular color that's having the issue, try replacing M with used unit to discard if problem resides on copier or image units. Cheat front cover and check for any abnormal behavior. I believe the waste tank covers the image units on these models can't remember from top of my head, and if you have firmware I'd bring it to latest version but only update 2 versions at a time from current one to avoid messing up OS.

Thanks Mario,

I did check the front cover and realised that the cyan tube has some ink leaking from the tube. This may be the reason why the magenta and yellow ink is more noticeable on the print. Cyan is replaced with magenta on the printed paper. I think I found the problem now. Thanks for your time.

Phil B, Thanks for your time as well.

It was great sharing your ideas here. Very much appreciated.

Phil B.
07-22-2020, 01:47 AM
Great I'm glad you are getting closer to the source of the problem! Phil had a good point that I missed in regards usage of consumables, but sometimes components fail even if they have plenty of life left. Focus on the rotation of the particular color that's having the issue, try replacing M with used unit to discard if problem resides on copier or image units. Cheat front cover and check for any abnormal behavior. I believe the waste tank covers the image units on these models can't remember from top of my head, and if you have firmware I'd bring it to latest version but only update 2 versions at a time from current one to avoid messing up OS.Correct.. TIME that the consumable has been in ( not used ) and actual rotations.
Time idle can do great wear.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MarioTech
07-22-2020, 04:27 AM
Thanks Mario,

I did check the front cover and realised that the cyan tube has some ink leaking from the tube. This may be the reason why the magenta and yellow ink is more noticeable on the print. Cyan is replaced with magenta on the printed paper. I think I found the problem now. Thanks for your time.

Phil B, Thanks for your time as well.

It was great sharing your ideas here. Very much appreciated.
You bet!!

femaster
07-23-2020, 02:03 AM
Thanks Mario,

Looking at that sample, I see no cyan at all in the picture. After reading your post above, it sounds like you are saying that someone put a magenta toner into the cyan slot? Not sure how they managed that, but that certainly would create an issue with the registration as the copier would see magenta for both the cyan and magenta patches.

If indeed someone installed the wrong color, just vacuum out as much of the magenta as you can from the hopper under the toner bottle, install the correct color and run full halftones of cyan until the magenta in the dev unit is replaced with cyan.

Custom Search