PDA

View Full Version : TX Operation Log Output

Custom Search

Bix
07-21-2020, 04:10 PM
These days, casually, I came across the word "audit file". I discovered this with Data Administrator.

When I did the import export of the address book, the phrase "operation completed but attention, audit file almost full!" came out.

At this point, I started looking for "audit file" but I found nothing on the manual. I found something in the operator's manual and I found that this refers to the printer logs. This is useful for finding out if the printer has been compromised by someone (even a trivial hacker attack).

I honestly didn't think it was so easy to read them. Actually I didn't understand if the option I found refers to the audit file. The option I found is called "TX Operation Log Output" and you can both print and save on a stick (tip: better on USB if you don't want to throw a lot of paper).

These logs are a reference to everything the operator has done about the print options. I have not quite understood if something similar exists to find out if some setting has been changed.

Has anyone discovered anything ??

femaster
07-21-2020, 11:49 PM
Isn't the TX Operation Log just a list of jobs that have been transmitted, like outgoing faxes and scans? You should also see a RX Log, which would show received faxes and print jobs.

tsbservice
07-22-2020, 07:49 AM
Isn't the TX Operation Log just a list of jobs that have been transmitted, like outgoing faxes and scans? ...
Right. This is defaulted to Do Not Save but can be switched on to help if a security issue occurs.
I can imagine if someone use it to save logs and they do heavy scanning, logs may become quite large at some point, should be used only as temporary measure.

femaster
07-23-2020, 02:04 AM
Right. This is defaulted to Do Not Save but can be switched on to help if a security issue occurs.
I can imagine if someone use it to save logs and they do heavy scanning, logs may become quite large at some point, should be used only as temporary measure.

OK, I wasn't aware that you could request them to be saved indefinitely. Learning new things is good.

Custom Search