PDA

View Full Version : bizhub Remote Firmware (BHRF)

Custom Search

tsbservice
07-22-2020, 08:06 AM
Anyone hear/using this on new i-series?

rrrohan
07-22-2020, 10:00 AM
You mean ISW?

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

tsbservice
07-22-2020, 11:08 AM
You mean ISW?

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

I think they're different.

Toxic
07-22-2020, 12:33 PM
Yes,its different from ISW.
I heard about that from my KM tech support but was not too much interested about that.
I prefer to insert my usb and chat with some nice girl/women while firmware updating :)
If you need information i can dig something for you if nobody else does not know...

rrrohan
07-22-2020, 12:41 PM
we use to use ISW during runups but since FW is no longer a single tar file we couldnt figure out why it wasnt working and gave up since USB is needed to load movie data anyway so figured it was no great lose.

it was used instead of CF cards back in the day

Bix
07-22-2020, 02:29 PM
Hi, we in Germany use it.
It is integrated with the WWRSPF configuration (an advanced function of the CSRC). Through WWRSPF I can update the firmware remotely without going to the printer.
Here's how it works:
1. I tell him to upgrade to the XYZ version.
2. The printer starts downloading the firmware remotely. The customer can continue to use the printer.
3. At the end of the installation it proceeds with the automatic update. Now the printer cannot be used for at least 5 minutes. The printer proceeds with the firmware installation and two things can happen:
- The update is successful and the printer restarts independently.
- The update fails (ex: the customer has pulled the plug). The printer restores the old firmware (in fact now the firmware is saved on a buffering file to prevent the current installed firmware from being corrupted) and warns me on my WWRSPF panel that the update was not successful.

After the update is complete, I can access the remote panel without the customer doing anything. This way I can complete the update by changing the Dipswitch.

That's why in the past I have asked if it is possible to restart a printer remotely. Once the dipswitch is changed, the printer must be restarted but I am still not capable of this. So I ask the customer to turn off and on again when finished.
Also you can schedule the update at night.

tsbservice
07-22-2020, 06:26 PM
Yes,its different from ISW.
I heard about that from my KM tech support but was not too much interested about that.
I prefer to insert my usb and chat with some nice girl/women while firmware updating :)
If you need information i can dig something for you if nobody else does not know...

Thanks Toxic will wait a couple of days for other guys input and maybe will PM you if no one knows much.
I'm mildly interested in anything new I may future use in my full toolkit.
USB FW updates I've done many and it's easy peasy :cool: ... still there will be few occasions when remote may help better.

tsbservice
07-22-2020, 07:28 PM
Hi, we in Germany use it.
It is integrated with the WWRSPF configuration (an advanced function of the CSRC). Through WWRSPF I can update the firmware remotely without going to the printer.
Here's how it works:
1. I tell him to upgrade to the XYZ version.
2. The printer starts downloading the firmware remotely. The customer can continue to use the printer.
3. At the end of the installation it proceeds with the automatic update. Now the printer cannot be used for at least 5 minutes. The printer proceeds with the firmware installation and two things can happen:
- The update is successful and the printer restarts independently.
- The update fails (ex: the customer has pulled the plug). The printer restores the old firmware (in fact now the firmware is saved on a buffering file to prevent the current installed firmware from being corrupted) and warns me on my WWRSPF panel that the update was not successful.

After the update is complete, I can access the remote panel without the customer doing anything. This way I can complete the update by changing the Dipswitch.

That's why in the past I have asked if it is possible to restart a printer remotely. Once the dipswitch is changed, the printer must be restarted but I am still not capable of this. So I ask the customer to turn off and on again when finished.
Also you can schedule the update at night.

Hey Bix thanks for your input mate.
In fact I think it's small part of CSRC but you are right. It would pull FW from WebDAV Server to machine HDD/SSD and use it for scheduled update just as we use USB sticks.
Still have to use remote panel to access SM and change sw 25 and still need someone to power cycle.
Seems too much effort for a single guy :eek:

Custom Search