PDA

View Full Version : konica 224e making alot of noise when starting and when printing colors

Custom Search

Mitch Barron
07-23-2020, 04:07 PM
Hello guys How you all doing today?
Today I am seeking for your support and expetise because my head is spinning now, I have this konica 224e, it is making alot of noise same noise when you have clog on the transfer belt, I thought it was that so I did the usual clean the cleaning blade and the restoner canal, put it back and the noise continue the funny is when you make black and white copies it make no noise but when you make colors the noise comes back or when stabilizing. I had change the transfer belt motor, toner motor, drums motor so I am giving up so need your help guys any tips.
thanks

Synthohol
07-23-2020, 05:09 PM
Did you clean the waste toner path all the way to the bottle?

Could be the wtb motor gear assy. Or the gears in the machine that turn the xfer belt cleaning assy.
Remove left cover and grab a flashlight and watch the gears engage for both the belt cleaner and the wtb motor on the front.
Good luck as always.
Should you or any of your CE force get cut or covered with toner, the moderators will disavow any knowledge of this post.

tsbservice
07-23-2020, 05:10 PM
Check fuser drive gear.

tsbservice
07-23-2020, 05:17 PM
Should you or any of your CE force get cut or covered with toner, the moderators will disavow any knowledge of this post.

Ha ha, you seems to find newer and newer clever ways to put humor on this overall messy job - copier tech. God bless you for that!

femaster
07-23-2020, 11:31 PM
I have this konica 224e, it is making alot of noise same noise when you have clog on the transfer belt, I thought it was that so I did the usual clean the cleaning blade and the restoner canal, put it back and the noise continue the funny is when you make black and white copies it make no noise but when you make colors the noise comes back or when stabilizing. I had change the transfer belt motor, toner motor, drums motor so I am giving up so need your help guys any tips.
thanks

I've highlighted your problem above. A 224e should be able to make color copies. When you try, it yells at you! ;) :cool:

mga
07-24-2020, 06:17 PM
If the noise is only there when printing colour and not on black I would look at developing units just a thought

femaster
07-24-2020, 06:49 PM
As MGA stated, look into the development units. I've personally had 2 of the slower xx4e machines where the development units started leaking and dumped inside the rear of the copier, where it eventually ground down the drive gears in the back side of the development unit. To date I've had a cyan and a black do this. The cyan unit happened right around 80K or 90K if I remember correctly.

tsbservice
07-24-2020, 06:49 PM
If the noise is only there when printing colour and not on black I would look at developing units just a thought

That's easy to test just print only 4 pages CMYK gradations in SM. Would pinpoint noisy dev unit/drive if any.

tsbservice
07-24-2020, 07:43 PM
Check fuser drive gear.

Well my mind must slept when I posted about fuser drive gear. My eyes saw what author said but obviously only noise enter my head. Apologies about that.
Good man mga has great point, I tip my hat to you dude.

Synthohol
07-24-2020, 10:41 PM
we still dont know if the copier is color or not based on the title.

tsbservice
07-24-2020, 10:49 PM

True that..but common.. It has to be color or the world is set on 🔥

blackcat4866
07-24-2020, 10:54 PM

+1

Just confirming ... is this a C224e. You cannot do color on a 224e. =^..^=

copier tech
07-25-2020, 12:45 PM
Ha ha, you seems to find newer and newer clever ways to put humor on this overall messy job - copier tech. God bless you for that!

Eh!?

tsbservice
07-25-2020, 01:15 PM
I recently installed WTB for color bizhub C654e into mono bizhub 654e...does it make my machine color :confused: ;)

tsbservice
07-25-2020, 01:23 PM

Eh!?

You say 224e but mention colour so this model is a C224e.

Hmm.
I didn't say anything like that...maybe you quote wrong post.

copier tech
07-25-2020, 04:11 PM
Hello guys How you all doing today?
Today I am seeking for your support and expetise because my head is spinning now, I have this konica 224e, it is making alot of noise same noise when you have clog on the transfer belt, I thought it was that so I did the usual clean the cleaning blade and the restoner canal, put it back and the noise continue the funny is when you make black and white copies it make no noise but when you make colors the noise comes back or when stabilizing. I had change the transfer belt motor, toner motor, drums motor so I am giving up so need your help guys any tips.
thanks

You say 224e but mention colour so this model is a C224e?

mga
07-25-2020, 06:10 PM

Well spotted we take things for granted but I think he said it only happens on colours prints

femaster
07-25-2020, 07:29 PM
I recently installed WTB for color bizhub C654e into mono bizhub 654e...does it make my machine color :confused: ;)

Only if it was partially filled and you didn't empty it first...

Synaux
07-26-2020, 10:06 PM
Well turned into a fun read ... I assume this doesn't have a color transfer belt installed and no color IUs :rolleyes:

+1 to CMY test prints in SM and the only thing I can think to add is to utilize Load Check instead throwing parts at it

Mitch Barron
07-27-2020, 07:04 AM

Synthohol, sorry for the late reply but if I am talking about color printing I guess that machine is a color one, just to clarify that to you.

Mitch Barron
07-27-2020, 07:08 AM
+1

Just confirming ... is this a C224e. You cannot do color on a 224e. =^..^=

just to confirm, yes is a 224e, Here in europe is a develop 224e, and yes you can print color it was printing fine till my boss when to replace TB unit and then the noise appear.

copier tech
07-27-2020, 08:18 AM
just to confirm, yes is a 224e, Here in europe is a develop 224e, and yes you can print color it was printing fine till my boss when to replace TB unit and then the noise appear.

So it must be a C224e ?

Mitch Barron
07-27-2020, 08:32 AM
[QUOTE=copier tech;1534690]So it must be a C224e ?[/QUOTE

yes it is a C224e.
And as I said before it make the same noise as when the cleaing blade for the transfer is clog, but I had clean it and also the pipe that goes to the rest toner, but nothing the nosie keeps happening when the machine start or when it stabilizing, and when I make color printings, when I make color printing the noise come back.
I have today changed the developer units but same noise.

Blizzoo
07-27-2020, 12:19 PM
Hmm, I would check every colour drum units for any blocked waste/damaged gears on toner waste discharge area. I had a broken waste auger on Magenta cleaning unit on a different brand of copier clicking only in colour printing/copying.

Mitch Barron
07-27-2020, 12:29 PM
Hmm, I would check every colour drum units for any blocked waste/damaged gears on toner waste discharge area. I had a broken waste auger on Magenta cleaning unit on a different brand of copier clicking only in colour printing/copying.
thanks Bliz, I had done all that nothing found, I just finished swapping the printing board but same thing. guess I have to break the whole machine down to see what is going on, since I had tried every advice from you guys here.

tsbservice
07-27-2020, 01:54 PM
I don't remember but did you tried another TBU?

Synaux
07-27-2020, 02:37 PM
since I had tried every advice from you guys here.

oh... ok... :rolleyes:

And...

it was printing fine till my boss when to replace TB unit and then the noise appear.

A clue.

Synthohol
07-27-2020, 04:10 PM
Does it print all 4 colors correctly?
Maybe theere is still packing material you missed on the new belt?

Phil B.
07-27-2020, 04:24 PM
Maybe there is still packing material you missed on the new belt?

I NEVER let my boss " fix shit " WHY you ask? because he is a TOTAL flaming idiot... he didn't even ' manage ' the employees.

he thought MICRO MANAGING was the 'wave' of the future ... that's fine at McD's but every employee was above the age of 35.... most in the 40-50yr range.. myself I was the oldest... yes EVEN older than he was .. I was in the industry for 10+ years more than him.

mga
07-27-2020, 05:59 PM

Europe Develop it would be +224e or a +224 for colour not 224e

tsbservice
07-27-2020, 07:23 PM
Maybe theere is still packing material you missed on the new belt?
Yup, can be peace of foam packing inside in place when retraction mechanism moves color charge rollers to the belt.

Mitch Barron
07-28-2020, 06:56 AM
I don't remember but did you tried another TBU?

Yes I have tried another TBU, I had try any possible fix that I have use with the years in the job. but so far nothing. I believe I need to change the retration sensor for the TBU but is alot work to do that.

Mitch Barron
07-28-2020, 06:59 AM
Yup, can be peace of foam packing inside in place when retraction mechanism moves color charge rollers to the belt.

Yes I had checked and clean everything but there is nothing, I have tried another belt, but the same.
prints all colors but making alot of noise.

Custom Search