PDA

View Full Version : B005 FAX C227

Custom Search

Bix
07-23-2020, 10:03 PM
Hi, today a strange mistake on a bizhub C227.
This printer has been in the field for about 3 years and has a fax card installed. This was only used in the first year, then the customer never used it again.
For about a week, several B005s have arrived. I have seen that it is a fax card error. How is it possible that it broke without being used? For now I have just disabled it and will monitor if there are other errors in the future.
Or can this mistake be a sign of something else? For now the printer works well. I also did a self diagnostic before resetting the printer and Sys/Image mem check WORK1 told me N/G

Firmware: G00-X8

tsbservice
07-24-2020, 08:24 AM
Bix recheck installation of fax board. I think as now you disable it code won't come back.

Bix
07-27-2020, 08:01 AM
Yes, I have disabled the fax card remotely, solving the problem. As soon as I have time I will go and see what happened and how it failed

copier tech
07-27-2020, 08:20 AM
Hi, today a strange mistake on a bizhub C227.
This printer has been in the field for about 3 years and has a fax card installed. This was only used in the first year, then the customer never used it again.
For about a week, several B005s have arrived. I have seen that it is a fax card error. How is it possible that it broke without being used? For now I have just disabled it and will monitor if there are other errors in the future.
Or can this mistake be a sign of something else? For now the printer works well. I also did a self diagnostic before resetting the printer and Sys/Image mem check WORK1 told me N/G

Firmware: G00-X8

Just because the fax hasn't been used the board can still fail because it has power to it, its always on to receive a fax!

Custom Search