PDA

View Full Version : KM c754 & Fiery IC-414 print jobs never print

Custom Search

vertigosystems
07-24-2020, 07:18 PM
Just completed an install of a used fiery ic-414 into a c754, did a full software reset on the fiery with v 1.2R, applied all available patches, and reflashed all c754 firmware (although I should probably try to locate the newest, as this is launch version).
KM hdd was also replaced and had a logical format done. The KM SSD was checked and is OK. Printer and fiery both had ram upgrades installed, but the behavior is the same with stock ram.

If I send print jobs via USB or direct network, print jobs will complete normally. Copies work normally.
When a print job is sent to the fiery, the KM flashes to indicate it's receiving data, but in the job list, it never proceeds past the "Receiving" no matter how long it's left for.
I can cancel the print job and it will cancel, so communication between fiery and printer seems to be ok, but it looks like the ripped data is not making it to the printer.

Same result for printing PCL/PS test pages from the fiery, so it'll send notice about the print job, but never deliver the data.

Is there any diagnostics that can be run on the IC414 imaging card? I'm not sure, but I assume the ripped data is delivered to the printer via that card rather than over the network connection to the fiery.

Possible related symptoms: If the printer is totally idle, the screen will go off and there's nothing short of turning off the main power switch to get the screen back on, if I leave it with the print job trying to be processed by the fiery, the screen will not go out and continues responding normally.

qbert69
07-24-2020, 07:22 PM
Just completed an install of a used fiery ic-414 into a c754, did a full software reset on the fiery with v 1.2R, applied all available patches, and reflashed all c754 firmware (although I should probably try to locate the newest, as this is launch version).
KM hdd was also replaced and had a logical format done. The KM SSD was checked and is OK. Printer and fiery both had ram upgrades installed, but the behavior is the same with stock ram.

If I send print jobs via USB or direct network, print jobs will complete normally. Copies work normally.
When a print job is sent to the fiery, the KM flashes to indicate it's receiving data, but in the job list, it never proceeds past the "Receiving" no matter how long it's left for.
I can cancel the print job and it will cancel, so communication between fiery and printer seems to be ok, but it looks like the ripped data is not making it to the printer.

Same result for printing PCL/PS test pages from the fiery, so it'll send notice about the print job, but never deliver the data.

Is there any diagnostics that can be run on the IC414 imaging card? I'm not sure, but I assume the ripped data is delivered to the printer via that card rather than over the network connection to the fiery.

Possible related symptoms: If the printer is totally idle, the screen will go off and there's nothing short of turning off the main power switch to get the screen back on, if I leave it with the print job trying to be processed by the fiery, the screen will not go out and continues responding normally.Is the Fiery controller mode enabled on the C754 in service mode???[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Custom Search