PDA

View Full Version : 224e "service notification failed"

Custom Search

copyman
07-24-2020, 11:03 PM
Just delivered this off lease machine last week and customer called with this message. I've had it a few times before. Called customer and walked them through turning off serv notification but they called back and said still getting message every few days. Tried some of the things posted on this forum but didn't work. I would stop by and figure it out but customer is really far away so would like to do this one over phone.

Is there a soft switch or something that would gray out or not show tabs to clear this message? Or please explain the exact procedure to turn off?

I think one of the settings I was going to have them turn off was was already off which made it even more confusing.

Thanks for the help46317

rrrohan
07-25-2020, 04:17 AM
check CSRC settings. if you dont use CSRC just initialize and RAM clear it

copyman
07-25-2020, 04:35 AM
check CSRC settings. if you dont use CSRC just initialize and RAM clear it

Thanks for the reply. That is what I couldn't find. I saw that mentioned when I searched here. I have a machine in shop and will try and find Ram clear.

rrrohan
07-25-2020, 04:41 AM
if you want to clear it on customers pc just teamviewer on to their PC and go to http://IP/csrc_index.html
saves you a drive

copyman
07-26-2020, 12:54 AM
I was just looking at a 224e in my shop and I don't see "start maintenance" to even get to ram clear. My customer didn't have it on their machine either. This is why I asked if there was a soft switch that would turn off that tab? If I could get to Ram clear that should take care of it once and for all. I've looked every where in serv & admin modes and even enhanced security modes.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows the "trick" to turn off this annoying message!

rrrohan
07-26-2020, 02:41 AM
Click on ID code and just type in 0000999

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

copyman
07-26-2020, 04:03 AM
Click on ID code and just type in 0000999

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Got it! Exactly what I was looking for. Talk about a setting being hidden, this one is buried deep!

Actually will use it a lot adding to my list of what I automatically check with off lease machines, I always check that authencation is off, previous owners address book, etc is cleared.

Thanks again for the help.

Custom Search