PDA

View Full Version : Mono drivers for color MFPs

Custom Search

mascan42
07-27-2020, 02:22 PM
I have a customer that almost never prints color to a C558. Unfortunately, a lot of their printing is done through G Suites, which overrides the driver default settings & prints in color anyway. I've suggested using User Authentication to block color prints, but I'd have to make changes to every computer including their off-site server to make this work. Didn't there used to be mono-only drivers available for color printers? I can't seem to find them anymore.

qbert69
07-27-2020, 05:14 PM
I have a customer that almost never prints color to a C558. Unfortunately, a lot of their printing is done through G Suites, which overrides the driver default settings & prints in color anyway. I've suggested using User Authentication to block color prints, but I'd have to make changes to every computer including their off-site server to make this work. Didn't there used to be mono-only drivers available for color printers? I can't seem to find them anymore.Konica-Minolta website is Out of Commission!!! Perhaps a Mono Universal Print Driver would work???[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

copier tech
07-27-2020, 05:30 PM
I have a customer that almost never prints color to a C558. Unfortunately, a lot of their printing is done through G Suites, which overrides the driver default settings & prints in color anyway. I've suggested using User Authentication to block color prints, but I'd have to make changes to every computer including their off-site server to make this work. Didn't there used to be mono-only drivers available for color printers? I can't seem to find them anymore.

Yeah I do this all the time.

Simply use the 558 driver.

Download Centre | KONICA MINOLTA (https://www.konicaminolta.co.uk/en-gb/customer-support/download-centre)

progoffice
07-27-2020, 05:35 PM
You can also program Chrome to use the standard windows print dialog. This will bypass Chrome taking over as the default print window and pop up the familiar windows printing dialog you would see when printing from Word etc. This should force all print jobs to use the grayscale default you've already set without having to use a mono driver. The following link will show you how to do it.

How To Disable Print Preview In Chrome - 2020 Update | TechLogon (https://techlogon.com/how-to-disable-print-preview-in-chrome/)

Custom Search