PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-280, duplex jam.

Custom Search

Hansoon
07-27-2020, 06:36 PM
BH-C-280, this old lady is sitting at the customers place since 7 years without a single issue. Machine has now 334.500K on the clock. I had to replace the fuser unit @200K cause of a dug in Separator, so now the fuser made around 134K and still looks good.

Long story short, single sided prints are coming out fine but suddenly duplex prints (Long edge first) are jamming. When the 2nd side enters the fuser unit they jam just under the movable guide marked M2 (see attachment). Hard to see, but it looks like that with duplexed prints only the leading edge is bulging back under that moveable guide the moment it enters the fuser.

Tried playing with fuser temps and pressure as well with leading edge erase for 1st and 2nd side. (7mm now) but nothing helps. Another fuser unit used for testing showed exactly the same problem. I do not know if the paper is of a rotten kind but still believe that even when, not EVERY duplex print should jam.

Question: Are there any known rare issues with this old series concerning duplex jamming? Bulletins? Did I overlook something? Are there any "discharge thingies" in the machine perhaps not discharging properly the 1st cycle passed paper?

Thanks

Hans

allan
07-27-2020, 07:35 PM
Jam code?

Synthohol
07-27-2020, 09:36 PM
Is there an actuator under the fuser mounted on the rail? They wear and weak paper does not fully engage the now shorter actuator but usually SEF has no issue because the paper is stiffer and engages the actuator enough.
I've seen humid paper do that as well. Too wimpy to push the arm enough to register so the paper just stops with lie an once out of the fuser rollers.

Hansoon
07-29-2020, 09:44 AM
Jam code?

3003, but I don't think so much that we have a electronic issue. The paper edge is physically crumbled from hitting the movable guide and than winded partially around the fuser film.

Tried two fuser units with the same resuslts. I could imagine however that the non-oem toner being used is sticky. To solve that it needs a lot of work and I kept the problem down for the moment by using 80gr paper instead of the lousy 75gr they had but will come back on it. I MUST know what's behind it.

Thanks guys.

Hans

Custom Search