PDA

View Full Version : Jamming C368

Custom Search

hemai2005
07-28-2020, 02:51 PM
Hi everybody ,
I have problem in Konica C368 it give incorrect paper size whatever I set the paper in any trays even bypass ,also I changed paper sizes from letter to 11x17 with all trays but the same message , do you have any suggestion.

Thanks.

Synthohol
07-28-2020, 08:20 PM
What size does it think it is?
If European sizes maybe the marketing area is incorrect.
More info please.
Are the trays set to auto size or did someone lock in a size manually?

hemai2005
07-28-2020, 09:10 PM
Us size,
All trays Auto, machine detect the size normal but as I said this message happened with all trays.

tsbservice
07-28-2020, 09:27 PM
Initialize all in System 1 SM.

blackcat4866
07-28-2020, 11:03 PM
Maybe it would be best if you included a photo of the message on the screen. =^..^=

femaster
07-29-2020, 12:22 AM
Hi everybody ,
I have problem in Konica C368 it give incorrect paper size whatever I set the paper in any trays even bypass...

Us size,
All trays Auto, machine detect the size normal but as I said this message happened with all trays.

OK, You are contradicting yourself here.

In your first post you state: "[the copier] give[s] incorrect paper size whenever [you] [put] paper in any trays..."
Your second post states: "machine detect[s] the size normal..."

So which is it, does it show the correct paper size or the wrong paper size when you load the trays? When does this message appear? What is the EXACT wording of the message? Take a picture of the message and post it along with your reply. That would probably be your best option here.

The only message that I can think of that is even similar to the one you are describing happens when you are trying to print or copy something that is on a paper size (or paper type if a print job) that is not loaded in any of the paper trays. Maybe your problem is not with the trays and it is with the print job or the size detection in the ADF? We definitely need more information if anybody is going to help you out.

hemai2005
07-29-2020, 09:11 PM
here the attached.
same screen with tray one or two or three or four with any sizes
you got my point?
Thanks.

Phil B.
07-29-2020, 09:17 PM
here the attached.
same screen with tray one or two or three or four with any sizes
you got my point?
Thanks.

it says SIZE /TYPE what TYPE are defining if PLAIN and your program is set up for something different THAT could be the problem.

you failed to mention the TYPE in the original message.

progoffice
07-29-2020, 09:20 PM
Make sure at least one of the 8.5 X 11 paper trays is set to "Plain" paper. It would be odd that all paper trays are set to something other than that, but it's possible to do so. That's the second part of the error message that's often overlooked.

tsbservice
07-29-2020, 09:25 PM
it says SIZE /TYPE what TYPE are defining if PLAIN and your program is set up for something different THAT could be the problem.

you failed to mention the TYPE in the original message.

Agree. Sounds like they messed with paper type in all trays even that seems unthinkable.

drowranger
07-29-2020, 11:27 PM
Please check if the copier is setup to auto tray selection as well. We usually disable bypass from auto tray selection.
Utility>System setting>Auto Tray Selection Settings] Select all trays→[OK]→[OK]

i'd also check the tray switching setting while you are there
Utility>System setting>Paper tray settings>Autotray switching on
Utility>System setting>Paper tray settings>No matching paper > switch tray

Lastly ill check if the A4/A3>letter/large switching is enabled at utility>Printer settings>Basic/general settings>[A4/A3<-->LTR/LGRAutoSwitchSetting]→[ON]

We always have issues like this due to at least 1 PC at client site setup on different region or they print a email originated from a different region

Hope this helps ...

femaster
07-29-2020, 11:44 PM
Agree. Sounds like they messed with paper type in all trays even that seems unthinkable.

Believe me, it's possible, especially in some of the schools we service. It amazes me that some of these people are the ones teaching our children... :(

femaster
07-29-2020, 11:46 PM
Lastly ill check if the A4/A3>letter/large switching is enabled at utility>Printer settings>Basic/general settings>[A4/A3<-->LTR/LGRAutoSwitchSetting]→[ON]

We always have issues like this due to at least 1 PC at client site setup on different region or they print a email originated from a different region

My office doesn't turn this one on by default, despite me telling them NUMEROUS times to do it during setup. Every time I visit a machine I make sure that I turn it on. It's amazing how many PDF files claim to A4/A3 when they should actually be Letter/Legal. An easily resolved headache that I had stumbled on by accident a few years back.

blackcat4866
07-29-2020, 11:52 PM

One of my press operators would insist that she NEVER set that tray to 8 0/16" x 12 7/16", yet she was the ONLY operator, only one in the building if you don't count the bus mechanic. And it makes some very strange looking booklets when the paper size is set that way. =^..^=

Synthohol
07-29-2020, 11:58 PM
i showed 15 schools how to choose colored paper because 2 colors of paper would false jam.
so they set all the trays to color even if there is white.
good luck printing for the 10th time.

blackcat4866
07-30-2020, 12:22 AM
i showed 15 schools how to choose colored paper because 2 colors of paper would false jam.
so they set all the trays to color even if there is white.
good luck printing for the 10th time.

On the PRO 950s I would get blue paper in the drum cleaning unit. ONLY blue. never white or red or pink or green ...

Synthohol
07-30-2020, 03:29 AM
lol, story of my life for an account 63 miles one way 4 school seasons ago.
felt your pain!!
and sorry :(

Custom Search