PDA

View Full Version : Damaged imaging units bizhub c652 series

Custom Search

AhmedChamumi
07-28-2020, 11:22 PM
Helo everyone,

Recently have have came across a weird fault in two different printers i.e. C652 whereby drum cylinders(yellow and magenta) get scratched on the rear by accumulated developer, i replaced fresh IU's as well as PH units but the the faults resurfaced after few hundred copies, has anyone out there encountered such a phenomenon and what exactly could possibly trigger that.

Kindly assist.

Best regards,

Ahmed

Phil B.
07-28-2020, 11:32 PM
Helo everyone,

Recently have have came across a weird fault in two different printers i.e. C652 whereby drum cylinders(yellow and magenta) get scratched on the rear by accumulated developer, i replaced fresh IU's as well as PH units but the the faults resurfaced after few hundred copies, has anyone out there encountered such a phenomenon and what exactly could possibly trigger that.

Kindly assist.

Best regards,

Ahmed

if the dev units are collecting dev powder.. what makes you think the PH is the cause?

what is the life count on the dev units?

any other errors noted in the error log?

throwing parts at machines and HOPING it fixes the problem is silly IMHO.

diagnose WHY dev powder is LEAKING.

are you using genuine oem supplies?

what all have you done to it?

drowranger
07-28-2020, 11:42 PM
make sure toner filter is not clogged as well. Good air flow to these IU units give them little bit extra life sometimes.

Synthohol
07-29-2020, 01:51 AM
i had one years ago that it was as simple as leveling the machine. the floor tipped towards the wall so tons of dv eventually spilled out of the back of the DVs.
2 wooden blocks under the rear wheels didnt hear from him in ages after that.

Phil B.
07-29-2020, 02:05 AM
i had one years ago that it was as simple as leveling the machine. the floor tipped towards the wall so tons of dv eventually spilled out of the back of the DVs.

what kind of installation crew doesn't measure for levelness?

those 'techs' need to be 'called on the carpet' being a Service Manager I made SURE my installation crew were equipped with a 1' level.

Synthohol
07-29-2020, 04:25 AM
3rd party truckers drop the machines off and plug them in where the customer wants.
if they have their own IT they program everything and some dont want/need a tech.
first service call is when a consumable times out.

AhmedChamumi
07-29-2020, 04:38 AM

Thank you for the input, i will go check that out.

AhmedChamumi
07-29-2020, 04:46 AM
if the dev units are collecting dev powder.. what makes you think the PH is the cause?

what is the life count on the dev units?

any other errors noted in the error log?

throwing parts at machines and HOPING it fixes the problem is silly IMHO.

diagnose WHY dev powder is LEAKING.

are you using genuine oem supplies?

what all have you done to it?

I once had similar issue for cyan and i changed both IU and the problem disappeared thats why i tried a PH replacement
There is no any other error apart from D1 which obviously has nothing to do with such fault
Im using OEM iu's

Then again i thougth it might be HVT acting strange but i havent touched that part yet

Synaux
07-30-2020, 01:35 AM
I once had similar issue for cyan and i changed both IU and the problem disappeared thats why i tried a PH replacement
There is no any other error apart from D1 which obviously has nothing to do with such fault
Im using OEM iu's

Then again i thougth it might be HVT acting strange but i havent touched that part yet

So the drums are scratched again after a few hundred copies?
Where exactly is the scratch? Pictures?

Also make sure the HV pins/connectors to the IU are nice and clean and don't have scorch marks

EarthKmTech
07-30-2020, 11:44 AM
It's possible for the failing black dev unit/drum to allow developer to travel all the way along the belt back to its cleaning section, destroy that in the process and then continue destroying yellow imaging unit and magenta.

If there is any developer abrasion marks on the belt it must be replaced too as it will act like sandpaper on the drums with still embedded developer.

Just because blacks on the right doesnt mean it cant hurt things on its left ;)

I in addition, though very rarely have seen the black developing unit dump its entire load through the back of the machine just like the crappy old c451 series used to do. I have only seen this happen 3 times (e series) and it's an annoying half an hour with the vacuum cleaner going and the machine stripped down.

Synaux
07-30-2020, 05:51 PM
Just because blacks on the right doesnt mean it cant hurt things on its left ;)

I in addition, though very rarely have seen the black developing unit dump its entire load through the back of the machine just like the crappy old c451 series used to do. I have only seen this happen 3 times (e series) and it's an annoying half an hour with the vacuum cleaner going and the machine stripped down.

I don't mean to hijack this thread but...

I still have a few of the cx50 series I keep hobbling along. Aside from anything foam related they still work reasonably well but holey hell do those K IUs spew. I confident that I know all of the tricks (the mod, HV board, etc etc). 30 min to vacuum? More like 2 hours if it smothers the PH and migrates to the paper trays that get toner on the tray below if you open/close one.

I never confirmed this, but I believe this happened a few times a one place because they were using cx52 K toners that has more Ferrite Oxide and slightly different resin blend. Which leads me to the OP is OEM and proper model toner being used?

femaster
07-30-2020, 11:28 PM
I don't mean to hijack this thread but...

I still have a few of the cx50 series I keep hobbling along. Aside from anything foam related they still work reasonably well but holey hell do those K IUs spew. I confident that I know all of the tricks (the mod, HV board, etc etc). 30 min to vacuum? More like 2 hours if it smothers the PH and migrates to the paper trays that get toner on the tray below if you open/close one.

Adding to the hijack...

I feel your pain here! I've been down that road a few too many times myself. Are you letting those K image units go beyond 300K? If you are, then they are definitely going to spew. That was right about the magic number when they started to give out and dump out the backside from our experience. Generally if you replace them right around 300K, maybe slightly before, you shouldn't have to deal with any messes like that again, except the rare one that starts dumping a little earlier than 300K. Even with that, it's generally only a minor mess compared to what you are describing.

Synaux
07-31-2020, 01:09 AM
Adding to the hijack...

I feel your pain here! I've been down that road a few too many times myself. Are you letting those K image units go beyond 300K? If you are, then they are definitely going to spew. That was right about the magic number when they started to give out and dump out the backside from our experience. Generally if you replace them right around 300K, maybe slightly before, you shouldn't have to deal with any messes like that again, except the rare one that starts dumping a little earlier than 300K. Even with that, it's generally only a minor mess compared to what you are describing.

I think I remember reading about a recall on them at one time, but I swear they would get damaged in shipping or something there was no rhyme or reason.

I had some fail at a less than 3k and others that survived far past re-chipping (many with the same HV boards and mods installed). I gave up trying to make sense of it all and just moved on. Thankfully they would still hold up on low coverage prints...

AhmedChamumi
07-31-2020, 06:59 PM
So the drums are scratched again after a few hundred copies?
Where exactly is the scratch? Pictures?

Also make sure the HV pins/connectors to the IU are nice and clean and don't have scorch marks

I haven't taken the pictures yet but its a kind of scratching that removes the greenish layer, and it happened on the the very same spot for both imaging units.

femaster
08-01-2020, 02:01 AM
I haven't taken the pictures yet but its a kind of scratching that removes the greenish layer, and it happened on the the very same spot for both imaging units.

Does the transfer belt show any signs of problems that line up with the same area on the worn drums? I once had an issue with some kind of buildup on one of the rollers behind the belt. It roughed up the color image unit drum that it came into contact with, causing a similar issue as to what you describe, but there was also some obvious signs on the belt itself that something was wrong.

AhmedChamumi
08-04-2020, 09:12 AM
Does the transfer belt show any signs of problems that line up with the same area on the worn drums? I once had an issue with some kind of buildup on one of the rollers behind the belt. It roughed up the color image unit drum that it came into contact with, causing a similar issue as to what you describe, but there was also some obvious signs on the belt itself that something was wrong.

Thats really make sense i will try that and get back with findings..

Regards,

Custom Search