PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Bizhub C5501 C-2840

Custom Search

DigiMan
07-29-2020, 04:46 PM
Goodmorning gentlemen

As the title says i have a C5501 with a persistent C-2840.The machine is pretty old but well maintenanced,she started popping C-2804 codes a couple of weeks
back and the symptom was the black print(Test pattern 53)was really light.The tech that was on site executed a Factory Default reset and the problem was gone,black was good and no code.At the time we ordered a new DV tank and DV for good measure.A couple of days back the printer popped a C-2840 and it hasnt recovered since,today i went on site and changed the black DV tank and the DV as well executed the TonerInit adjustment for the black and no issues,however trying to run AutoGammaAdjustment pops a C-2840 fairly quickly.Upon restarting i printed a #53 test with black on 255 and i got this mess
Opened the printer and the is indeed a big gap on the mag roller.Executing a toner refresh got me this mess
At which point i stopped printing and started checking.
Y/M/C colors print fine through test#53
The solenoids of the color.reg. section plus the solenoid of the pgc sensor work through I/O check.
The toner sensor output for the black dev tank is around 120 which as far as i know is ok?
All consumables are within their life span.
So due to the BOMBARDMENT of calls ive been getting a week short of my summer leave my mind has turned to scrambled eggs so any advice
would be appreciated..

Thanks in advance everyone

mayorg
07-29-2020, 05:05 PM
Change the gear unit from the back of the machine it we work 100% sure of it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DigiMan
07-30-2020, 08:53 AM
Change the gear unit from the back of the machine it we work 100% sure of it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hey thanks for the reply!Could you be a bit more specific?What gear unit are you refering to?Can you give me its part number or its exact name so i can look it up?

tulintron
07-31-2020, 06:58 PM
Goodmorning gentlemen

As the title says i have a C5501 with a persistent C-2840.The machine is pretty old but well maintenanced,she started popping C-2804 codes a couple of weeks
back and the symptom was the black print(Test pattern 53)was really light.The tech that was on site executed a Factory Default reset and the problem was gone,black was good and no code.At the time we ordered a new DV tank and DV for good measure.A couple of days back the printer popped a C-2840 and it hasnt recovered since,today i went on site and changed the black DV tank and the DV as well executed the TonerInit adjustment for the black and no issues,however trying to run AutoGammaAdjustment pops a C-2840 fairly quickly.Upon restarting i printed a #53 test with black on 255 and i got this mess
Opened the printer and the is indeed a big gap on the mag roller.Executing a toner refresh got me this mess
At which point i stopped printing and started checking.
Y/M/C colors print fine through test#53
The solenoids of the color.reg. section plus the solenoid of the pgc sensor work through I/O check.
The toner sensor output for the black dev tank is around 120 which as far as i know is ok?
All consumables are within their life span.
So due to the BOMBARDMENT of calls ive been getting a week short of my summer leave my mind has turned to scrambled eggs so any advice
would be appreciated..

Thanks in advance everyonereplace drum and corona with another color.check laser lens. some item in the process is wrong, causing these failures and preventing the gamma sensor from performing the adjustment, causing error 2840.

also check scattering prevent on the developer unit. wear brings the drum closer to the brush and causes printing failures.

wjurls
08-03-2020, 09:04 PM
I've had an issue on these older machines due to the foam seals deteriorating and getting into the developing units, thus blocking the blade gap. These seals are everywhere in the toner path and can give some pretty good headaches as they crumble apart. When you see the void on the mag roller, take an old plastic card and cut a hook into it, and run it under the blade where the void is and see if anything comes out with it.

Custom Search