PDA

View Full Version : C3350 can print to tray 2 from PC

Custom Search

rrrohan
07-30-2020, 05:52 AM
I have a strange issue with a C3350 with extra PF-P13 tray installed.

I can copy using that tray fine.

I cant print to that tray.
It detects in Printer Properties - Config tab and is in driver as a optional paper source.

Only way I can use that tray is to select the bypass tray instead and leave that tray empty then when it prompts to load bypass tray I select tray 2 instead.

I cant think of what the issue is but I feel confident the setting issue is at the C3350 not on driver.

tsbservice
07-30-2020, 07:30 AM
Did you try another driver, ie PS, PCL, XPS, Universal?

OK, apparently there're 2 PF-P13 options. See attached for more info.

Bix
07-30-2020, 07:49 AM
Hi, there is an option in the printer that may prevent you from printing from tray two.
Access in Utilities - Utility Settings - System Setting - Paper Tray Setting - Tray Self-Select Setting.
Make sure that tray 2 is also present. It also changes the order of priority, setting the bypass last.

BHM
07-30-2020, 03:52 PM
Make sure the paper size is letter and the type is set to plain also. Amazing how many times we miss this. When you do the test in the copy mode, are you manually selecting tray two?

rrrohan
07-30-2020, 04:00 PM
I will try the suggestions tomorrow, thanks

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

rrrohan
07-31-2020, 04:17 AM
Did you try another driver, ie PS, PCL, XPS, Universal?

OK, apparently there're 2 PF-P13 options. See attached for more info.

looks like that bulletin is for C3350 using the new style of paper tray. the tray they have is still the older style so i dont think that bulletin applies

Make sure the paper size is letter and the type is set to plain also. Amazing how many times we miss this. When you do the test in the copy mode, are you manually selecting tray two?

its already on A4 and plain. It works fine in copy mode printing from tray 2. also tried this installed direct on my laptop and had same problem

Hi, there is an option in the printer that may prevent you from printing from tray two.
Access in Utilities - Utility Settings - System Setting - Paper Tray Setting - Tray Self-Select Setting.
Make sure that tray 2 is also present. It also changes the order of priority, setting the bypass last.

i think i found the option your talking about under Utility - User Settings - System Settings - Paper Tray - Tray 2. It is set to On already.

BHM
07-31-2020, 12:22 PM
What happens exactly when you try to print to tray 2? What size paper is in tray one?

rrrohan
08-03-2020, 07:51 AM
What happens exactly when you try to print to tray 2? What size paper is in tray one?

Tray 1 is A4 Plain
Tray 2 is A4 Plain (but really its pre printed letterhead)

If I print to with Plain paper and specify tray 2 without any error message it just prints out of tray 1

If i tell it to print to bypass tray that works
If i tell it to print to a empty bypass tray it pops up a warning, at that screen it allows me to select tray 2. when i do that it feeds/print from tray 2 as desired

I can also copy onto tray 2 without issue

The driver and PageScope both confirm tray 2 is installed.

I think we will just swap out the printer at this stage.

fatduke
08-03-2020, 08:25 AM
Hi,

maybe wrong paper size in the Tray 2?

rrrohan
08-03-2020, 10:27 AM
nah its def registers A4 correctly

drowranger
08-03-2020, 11:17 AM
Will it print from tray 2 if tray 1 is empty or open ?

Try [ Utility] - [User Settings] - [System Settings] - [Paper Tray]
1. Remove tray2 from Auto selection
2. Turn Off Auto tray switching and see if works...

Check [Utility] - [User Settings] - [Printer Settings] - [Paper Setting] -[Paper Tray] as well

BHM
08-03-2020, 12:37 PM
Two more questions. How many people print to this machine? Just to confirm, if you empty tray 1 and make a copy, does it automatically switch to tray two without selecting it?

BHM
08-03-2020, 10:56 PM
I would not swap out the machine just yet. Mechanically it seems fine. A firmware upgrade would not hurt.

Try using the HP LaserJet CP2020 pcl driver and see what happens. Just tested at my office and it works correctly. If it works for you then it might point to a driver issue.

Custom Search