PDA

View Full Version : C458 Bonjour and airprint issues

Custom Search

barber782
07-30-2020, 01:36 PM
Hi Everyone,

Have just installed 2 new C458's in an all MAC environment. After a few days of install the customer has reported that the bonjour and airprint function keep dropping offline.
Both Machines have gone out with the latest F/W.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Synthohol
07-30-2020, 02:53 PM
Is the copier wired?
If the macs are wireless they don't need airprint. Just print to the IP as normal.
If it's wired all they have to do is make sure the macs are on the same subnet as the copier.

BHM
07-30-2020, 03:48 PM
The issue I see fairly often is that when a connection is lost using Bonjour, once it reconnects it takes a while before printing will work again. The printer will show offline for several minutes after the connection is established.
If given the option, I too prefer IP printing. Leave the Airprint for phones if possible.

barber782
07-31-2020, 08:59 AM
The copier is wired and on the same subnet.
There are around 40 Macs and airprint was the quickest install method at the time, and not everyone is in the office due to being furloughed. I would usually use ip printing but seeing as you need to have enter a password everytime you install the driver is a pain in the a**

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

rrrohan
07-31-2020, 09:49 AM
your using air print but are u using the generic driver or the model specific driver.

BHM
07-31-2020, 12:11 PM
Oh, I understand the convience part and I use Bonjour often too.

Not sure how often it is happening but I would also disable and extend the sleep modes. Somet8mes these 8 series drop off the network when they go to sleep or low power. Our techs have a bulletin of something on that issue. I will try to get that info and post it.

junior
07-31-2020, 03:06 PM
I had an issue with a sonicwall not allowing the traffic for airprint after the copier has gone into sleep mode. Even if we woke the copier up it would not work until you power cycled the machine. We turned it over to the customer's IT.

To test we brought in a cheap wifi router to isolate the copier from their network to test and it worked fine there.

BHM
07-31-2020, 06:08 PM
Solution ID KBA00053555 for the i series but settings apply to the 8 series.

Latest firmware.
Admin Mode
System
Power Supply/Power Save Mode

1. Power Consumption in Sleep Mode = Disabled
2. Power Save Mode = Sleep
3. Enter Power Save Mode = Immediately
4. Awake from Power Save Mode by Touching Control Panel = On
Set Data Entry to +2

This is what our techs have been doing to prevent the machines from not waking up.

BHM
07-31-2020, 06:10 PM
I had an issue with a sonicwall not allowing the traffic for airprint after the copier has gone into sleep mode. Even if we woke the copier up it would not work until you power cycled the machine. We turned it over to the customer's IT.

To test we brought in a cheap wifi router to isolate the copier from their network to test and it worked fine there.

We first encountered this with one of our local hospitals that was trying to make some port security changes. Our machines would go to sleep, drop off the network and then get blocked when it came back up.

Don N.
08-06-2020, 12:08 AM
Solution ID KBA00053555 for the i series but settings apply to the 8 series.

Latest firmware.
Admin Mode
System
Power Supply/Power Save Mode

1. Power Consumption in Sleep Mode = Disabled
2. Power Save Mode = Sleep
3. Enter Power Save Mode = Immediately
4. Awake from Power Save Mode by Touching Control Panel = On
Set Data Entry to +2

This is what our techs have been doing to prevent the machines from not waking up.

We go to svc mode, system 1, sleep on/off choice, PERMIT. Then you can go to admin as stated & then we've done sleep mode settings OFF.
You are saying to make power save settings: SLEEP? instead of LOW POWER? SEE PIC.

BHM
08-06-2020, 01:43 AM
Ues, that is what our techs are saying. I dont mess with those settings but they did said it seemed backwards from what one would think.

Synthohol
08-06-2020, 02:35 AM
its to permit the disabling of sleep mode.

copier tech
08-06-2020, 10:46 AM
its to permit the disabling of sleep mode.

This is not a good idea as the fuser will be on 24/7

Bix
08-06-2020, 11:18 AM
That's right, it is not convenient for such nonsense to spend $500 on a new fuser that will expire sooner than expected.

BHM
08-06-2020, 12:19 PM
That's right, it is not convenient for such nonsense to spend $500 on a new fuser that will expire sooner than expected.

We warranty a lot of stuff through kmbs so at the end if the day, the cost can be recouped.

Don N.
08-06-2020, 12:52 PM
The fuser still goes off after 60 min. I think the distinction is the network doesn't "sleep".

Custom Search