PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 364e letterhead & 2 sided?

Custom Search

copyman
08-01-2020, 01:35 AM
Delivered this off lease machine. I initalized the machine and wiped all the settings when in the shop.

Customer called a few hours later and said she put letterhead in tray 2 and set for letterhead. Tray 1 plain paper. When she sends a print job or copying from tray 2 it always pulls letterhead back in for two sided. If they change to plain paper it's fine and doesn't do 2 sided.

I know the print drivers are factory set for 2 sided and I always change that to one sided but like I posted this happens when copying and printing.

She changed some settings on the interface page and didn't help.

Anyone ever see this? Hoping it's some simple setting so I don't have to drive 2 hours and spend another hour trying to find setting.

Why does this stupid crap always happen to far away accounts:confused:

Thanks in advance for any help.

rrrohan
08-01-2020, 02:00 AM
Konica always duplex letter head even if its only printing one sided. you cant turn that off.

thats why i always i leave it on plain paper and just take it out of the auto tray selection list

Synthohol
08-01-2020, 02:07 AM
it pre-warms the paper and flattens the fibers because traditional letterhead is on linen paper.
if its regular white you can assign special paper to that tray and for 1 sided only if i recall.

copyman
08-01-2020, 03:29 AM
Thanks for the quick replies! Good information.

Do you know if it will automatically duplex from by-pass tray?

Learn something new everyday.

Thanks again for the help.

Synaux
08-01-2020, 04:26 AM
it pre-warms the paper and flattens the fibers because traditional letterhead is on linen paper.
if its regular white you can assign special paper to that tray and for 1 sided only if i recall.

This is something I have never really thought about and subsequently always thought letterhead was a pointless setting. Thanks for reading the manuals far closer than me :rolleyes:

When she sends a print job or copying from tray 2 it always pulls letterhead back in for two sided. If they change to plain paper it's fine and doesn't do 2 sided. So duplex is not working or is this one observant operator?

Here are some observations I formulated working in different fields over the years:

Regarding running stocks that have a rough "paper-calendering," I have personally ran cases upon cases of such letterhead stock--linen/laid/parch/cotton/plastics/labels/odd glossy shit that should be ran on a press--if I ever had a problem, I just bumped it up to thick 1-4 (sometimes even second side). Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Another trick I have used with nonstandard stocks is to add a blank page to the document with a dot outside of the printing boundaries (in case skip blank page is enabled and as long as the duplex section is functional [same method can be used for copies if needed].) of course this is not something to push on customers but it works quite well.

Another trick with really stubborn stocks and/or stubborn solids (i.e., pure black/dark composites) is to print the job, then run it though the bypass again as thick 4 as a blank copy/running mode out of SM--really smooths it out.

I know most of you are not in the actual printing industry (I used to be). These machines can be manipulated far beyond their intended use.

Synthohol
08-01-2020, 02:18 PM
Do you know if it will automatically duplex from by-pass tray?
every/any tray that is denoted as letterhead will auto duplex including the bypass

B0265
08-03-2020, 07:41 AM
Delivered this off lease machine. I initalized the machine and wiped all the settings when in the shop.

Customer called a few hours later and said she put letterhead in tray 2 and set for letterhead. Tray 1 plain paper. When she sends a print job or copying from tray 2 it always pulls letterhead back in for two sided. If they change to plain paper it's fine and doesn't do 2 sided.

I know the print drivers are factory set for 2 sided and I always change that to one sided but like I posted this happens when copying and printing.

She changed some settings on the interface page and didn't help.

Anyone ever see this? Hoping it's some simple setting so I don't have to drive 2 hours and spend another hour trying to find setting.

Why does this stupid crap always happen to far away accounts:confused:

Thanks in advance for any help.

The reason for this behavior is to ensure that the letterhead/logo is always printed on the front page regardless if you print 1 sided or 2 sided documents.

drowranger
08-03-2020, 11:05 AM
There is a way around by using media modifier IWS to print without this delay even letterhead selected by driver. But need extra memory and Web kit to install the IWS.

Custom Search