PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Counter by email issue

Custom Search

fatduke
08-01-2020, 09:43 AM
Hi everyone

I got a deal about total counter notification by email.

I checked everything and set up SMTP enviroment with IP, ports, and so on but I can't receive counter by email.

Actually I'm using GMAIL address, anyone had this issue before?

TY

Cheers

drowranger
08-01-2020, 12:36 PM
Can you send a scan to email to your gmail address with no error from that device ?
If Yes check Network settings>Email settings > Tick to total counter notification email and tick to a schedule on email notification setup.
If no get client IT to add your gmail to their SMTP relay or send to a user email and create a forwarding rule on their outlook to send to your gmail.

Hope this helps ..

fatduke
08-03-2020, 08:22 AM
Can you send a scan to email to your gmail address with no error from that device ?
If Yes check Network settings>Email settings > Tick to total counter notification email and tick to a schedule on email notification setup.
If no get client IT to add your gmail to their SMTP relay or send to a user email and create a forwarding rule on their outlook to send to your gmail.

Hope this helps ..

Hi,

thank you for the tip but it didn't worked for me. I checked another machine that works and copied all the settings but with no luck.

Machine can't send email to the outside.

TY

femaster
08-03-2020, 11:25 PM
thank you for the tip but it didn't worked for me. I checked another machine that works and copied all the settings but with no luck.
Machine can't send email to the outside.

If it's not working at all, lets start with the basics then. Try some ping tests. You don't mention the model of copier, but for most, ping test can be found in:
Utility / Administrator Settings / Network Settings / Detail Settings / Ping Confirmation

Test if the copier can ping the DNS server(s) that is/are programmed into it. Then try and see if it can ping Google's DNS servers at 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4. If any of those work, then try and see if it can ping the mail server that is programmed into the copier. If it happens to be able to ping a Google DNS server, then try programming it into the third DNS slot and see if it will send an email then.

Bix
08-04-2020, 07:53 AM
Hi, you start getting email scans to work. If the customer has no firewall, try this:
1. Make sure the gateway is correct. One technique I often use is to temporarily enable DHCP to get the correct information on the network and then I set the static IP correctly.
2. Make sure that the DNS come out. Then try 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 or 1.1.1.1/1.0.0.1
3. Make sure the GMAIL settings are correct.
host name: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP over SSL 465
Authentication ON
4. Make sure your Google Account is activated for access from less secure apps. It also avoids using the same email address for all customers because if Google detects multiple logins from different IPs, it blocks the account.

See you soon
Bix

fatduke
08-05-2020, 08:06 AM
Hi everyone

I will try the fixes suggested and I will update the post!

TY :-)

fatduke
08-05-2020, 08:07 AM
Hi, you start getting email scans to work. If the customer has no firewall, try this:
1. Make sure the gateway is correct. One technique I often use is to temporarily enable DHCP to get the correct information on the network and then I set the static IP correctly.
SMTP over SSL 465
Authentication ON
4. Make sure your Google Account is activated for access from less secure apps. It also avoids using the same email address for all customers because if Google detects multiple logins from different IPs, it blocks the account.

See you soon
Bix

Any suggestions about email provider I can use to?

Bix
08-05-2020, 02:57 PM
The best free solution is to create a google account dedicated to printers for each customer.

But personally I preferred to install CSRC or a program like Printfleet for monitoring printers. These tools offer excellent information for diagnosing problems before reaching customers, as well as providing precise information on consumption, counters, drum status etc.

fatduke
08-06-2020, 11:09 AM
The best free solution is to create a google account dedicated to printers for each customer.

But personally I preferred to install CSRC or a program like Printfleet for monitoring printers. These tools offer excellent information for diagnosing problems before reaching customers, as well as providing precise information on consumption, counters, drum status etc.

Thank you pal for suggestion, any free software or only licensed one?

Unfortunately I tried different email providers but had no luck!

TY

Bix
08-06-2020, 11:14 AM
I'm not sure about this but I think CSRC you can download it for free and then upload on web server.
Personally it is inconvenient as you will have to take care of maintaining the server. I have applied a direct contract with Konica Minolta to use their servers. In this way they offer you a space for your company on their servers.As for software, I don't know anything useful that is free. Everyone requires a license.

allan
08-06-2020, 01:30 PM
Wonder if it could be a missing <from address>?

fatduke
08-06-2020, 03:21 PM
Wonder if it could be a missing <from address>?

Hi,

machine email address, either for counters and scan to email, have the same address used for testing.

Now I'm trying through yahoo mail, but the machine when I try to scan to email, said "Server Connection Error".

The Lan is open, no HW firewall, put the GOOGLE DNS and tried CLOUDFLARE DNS, there is no exclusion, TCP port
like machine asked are all open, no ports closed for internet.

I know that this setup is simple but tried so many times and return always the same error "SERVER CONNECTION ERROR"

Soooo frustrating!

TY

drowranger
08-06-2020, 10:49 PM
Hi.. Yahoo wont work their spam filter bolcks these.. what about smtp from the ISP of the client or

Try Restricted Gmail SMTP Serve aspmx.l.google.com on Port 25 no SSL/TLS required or authentication for this . ** but can only send emails to gmail address

femaster
08-07-2020, 12:21 AM
I know that this setup is simple but tried so many times and return always the same error "SERVER CONNECTION ERROR"

Lengthy story, skip the first paragraph if you don't feel like heavy reading, but hopefully this will solve your problem...

Just had a thought here. We tend to pick up a lot of Off-Lease copiers that we refurbish and subsequently lease out to our own customers. During this refurb, we setup and test everything to make sure the machines are fully functional. Similar to your issue, I had come across a couple machines that refused to do any sort of scan to email, always coming back with the message you indicated above, "Server Connection Error". The copier passed through 4 different techs hands, each of us checking everything we could come up with; verifying all settings, authentication credentials, etc., and everything was correct, yet it just would not connect to the mail server. We wrote off the first couple as being unable to scan for whatever unknown at the time reason, despite everything else working. I eventually came across another with the same exact problem and was determined to figure out what was going on. After a LONG LONG troubleshooting session, involving multiple days, I ended up figuring out what the problem was. An expired self-sign SSL certificate installed in the copier. It doesn't necessarily have to be self-signed, any SSL certificate, if expired, will cause this problem.

Does the copier have an SSL certificate installed? If so, it may be expired. If you don't know it wouldn't hurt to check anyway. If you are using Start TLS or similar in your SMTP settings, an expired SSL certificate in the copier will prevent the copier from connecting to the mail server and always result in a "Server Connection Error" when trying to do any kind of scan/send to email.

I don't know the way to get to the certificate area through the copier touch panel as I've always done it through the web interface. Since you still have not told us what model you are working on, I've provided instructions for a Cxx4e model, but others should be similar:

Browse to the web interface and log in as the Administrator.
Select the Security tab, PKI Settings, then Device Certificate Setting.
If the device has a certificate installed it will show up here and give you details about it, including when it expires.
If it's expired, select Setting, Remove a Certificate, and OK to delete the thing.

Unless you know that you need an SSL certificate for something, just leave it empty. If you need one, you would know what for, and should know how to install or create a new one.
Hope this gets you back on track!

Drummy
08-07-2020, 01:10 AM
Have you tried a network reset from the service mode? Had a similar issue with scan to email and it fixed it.

fatduke
08-08-2020, 09:35 AM
Have you tried a network reset from the service mode? Had a similar issue with scan to email and it fixed it.

I did it. No fix.

TY

fatduke
08-08-2020, 09:37 AM
Lengthy story, skip the first paragraph if you don't feel like heavy reading, but hopefully this will solve your problem...

Just had a thought here. We tend to pick up a lot of Off-Lease copiers that we refurbish and subsequently lease out to our own customers. During this refurb, we setup and test everything to make sure the machines are fully functional. Similar to your issue, I had come across a couple machines that refused to do any sort of scan to email, always coming back with the message you indicated above, "Server Connection Error". The copier passed through 4 different techs hands, each of us checking everything we could come up with; verifying all settings, authentication credentials, etc., and everything was correct, yet it just would not connect to the mail server. We wrote off the first couple as being unable to scan for whatever unknown at the time reason, despite everything else working. I eventually came across another with the same exact problem and was determined to figure out what was going on. After a LONG LONG troubleshooting session, involving multiple days, I ended up figuring out what the problem was. An expired self-sign SSL certificate installed in the copier. It doesn't necessarily have to be self-signed, any SSL certificate, if expired, will cause this problem.

Does the copier have an SSL certificate installed? If so, it may be expired. If you don't know it wouldn't hurt to check anyway. If you are using Start TLS or similar in your SMTP settings, an expired SSL certificate in the copier will prevent the copier from connecting to the mail server and always result in a "Server Connection Error" when trying to do any kind of scan/send to email.

I don't know the way to get to the certificate area through the copier touch panel as I've always done it through the web interface. Since you still have not told us what model you are working on, I've provided instructions for a Cxx4e model, but others should be similar:

Browse to the web interface and log in as the Administrator.
Select the Security tab, PKI Settings, then Device Certificate Setting.
If the device has a certificate installed it will show up here and give you details about it, including when it expires.
If it's expired, select Setting, Remove a Certificate, and OK to delete the thing.

Unless you know that you need an SSL certificate for something, just leave it empty. If you need one, you would know what for, and should know how to install or create a new one.
Hope this gets you back on track!

Hi thank you first for your big explanation but I checked certificate, no one inserted, created new one, checked the security voice about "from address ADMIN", but nothing...really I dunno what to do! LOL

TY!

REGSIS
08-10-2020, 08:08 AM
SMTP over SSL 465
Authentication ON

See you soon
Bix

Bold text above is must do step when using gmail account.
Go to security menu on gmail account used on machine and turn ON less secure otherwise your e-mail comunication will be rejected.

Synthohol
08-10-2020, 12:45 PM
"from address ADMIN", but nothing...really I dunno what to do! LOL

TY!
the from address has to match the email account address you used.

emujo2
08-10-2020, 06:42 PM
What model is this..you may be pissing up a rope on anything older than a e series ( and e series w/o latest f/w) E

Custom Search