PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C300i frozen and reset

Custom Search

Bix
08-03-2020, 04:49 PM
Hi guys, I want to talk to you about a problem I have with a bizhub C300i. The first problem happened to me several months ago: the printer had a white screen and did not load. If I tried to update the firmware, MFP Controller would give the "NG" error. Its firmware was G00-75.

I solved it by replacing the SSD. After about two months, the printer stopped responding to 1/4 of the upload with the Konica Minolta logo. In this case I solved it by updating with the firmware GC1-7B which in the notes had the resolution of this problem ( the printer reported "new board detected" but i hadn't changed anything.. I have reinstalled the printer again).

After another two months the problem again! (strange, it always happens after two months). Again the printer was stuck at 1/4 of the load with the Konica Minolta logo.

I have seen that the G00-B5 firmware is out. Also in the notes of this firmware there is something about solutions of this type. Again the printer reported "new board detected" (obviously I hadn't changed anything) and now it works again.
I don't understand if it's a real firmware problem. Do any of you have any experience?
This G00-B5 has restored and seems to have excellent news, as well as having a smoother operating system.

drowranger
08-03-2020, 11:19 PM
had lot of frozen ones and G007B at function version2 fixed most of them. Downloading G00B5 now..

Genotrom
08-04-2020, 08:01 AM
I would have suggested the replacement of the STRB. Personally he has already solved several problems but you have already done so. I haven't tried the G00-B5 yet, what's new?

copier tech
08-04-2020, 08:47 AM
I work on multiple manufactures, as do many of you guys, however it seems Konica Minolta are the worse for major weird issues when they release a new machine? The 4 series continual reboot springs to mind.

Take Ricoh for, we have many that don't have a single call in years, some even go 3 years until the customer upgrades.

For example in this latest release GC1-xB there are 65 bug fixes!. One that caught my eye "Scan to SMB fails sporadically"

Bix
08-04-2020, 12:54 PM
Instead I had your problem but with Ricoh. Too many broken plastics and other software problems. The truth is that all multinationals have all these problems. The main reason for these problems is that they use us as beta testers, without trying their products first before launching them on the global market.

I managed Konica Minolta when the 8 series had been launched for some years now. So for the 4/4e series I have no perception of problems because with the various bulletins they will have solved most of the serious problems.
So for me Konica Minolta seems like a good company but because I entered this world when now 4/4e and 8 series were going well. If I had entered the world of printers a few years earlier, I would probably have your same feelings. Currently I still appreciate Konica Minolta as a good company for the A3 Office.

The iSeries series is a new world for Konica Minolta. After we have had several problems, we are unconvinced to sell it to important customers. But month after month, they are solving the various problems. I just hope they speed up this process and I hope that in the future they will use us less for their experiments.

kenpio
08-04-2020, 02:09 PM
I had one that was just shutting off. It would be just sitting there and it would just go out. I did try the latest and greatest firmware, but it still did it. It ended up being the Base Board. Don't know if that helps or not.

KEN

Gift
08-04-2020, 02:36 PM
Funny thing is that we had no major issue when the C300i has been released (besides a few firmware bugs and language errors). Other dealers I'm in contact with were already ranting about the i series and telling me about severe issues with boards etc., but I really couldn't really seconded what I heard at the time...... Well, things went downhill since a few month until today. I'm getting frequently odd issues on both mechanics/hardware and firmware/electronic ends and more or less trial and error instructions via product support. Some issues are weird one timers and some are more frequent (like boot issues). And there's not much communication via KM keeping us actively in the loop, not shure what's going on behind the curtains there.

We're also a ricoh dealer and I agree that the midrange A3 color products like IMC3000 are causing way less headache.

Getting off topic here, sorry...

I'm curios if the B5 FW will sort some things out.

Bix
08-04-2020, 03:08 PM
It will be my concern to warn you if it will happen again with G00-B5. Maybe it could happen in a few days a week, a month or never. I hope the last case hahah. On my problem I think more of CPUB. Theoretically the Base Board does not elaborate but nothing is impossible so I will take it into account (maybe it blows up some communication between CPUB and STRB)

gareth577
08-06-2020, 11:35 PM
Set softsw 159 to hex 08, it keeps the SSD from going to sleep and causing wake/freezing issues.

Gift
08-07-2020, 07:00 AM
Set softsw 159 to hex 08, it keeps the SSD from going to sleep and causing wake/freezing issues.

Very interesting, that's a new hint to me, how did you investigate it? Does the sleep function cause corruption on the SSD data?

Bix
08-07-2020, 07:51 AM
+1 If you can give us more details. Is there any bulletin that I missed? Data loss actually starts because Storage Board does not have the same information as CPUB, so the data is corrupted.
Thank you!

drowranger
08-07-2020, 11:25 PM
Please check PSKM_BT2016323EN . this setting is on our runup since we had lot of issues on 450i and 300i devices before G00-B5. Please disable IPV6 and Weekly timer as well.

Firmware Bug.

During the machine is at the energy saving mode, some unnecessary data are accumulated inside of the machine. The accumulated unnecessary data give pressure on the buffer. As the result, the error code [C-F907] occurs.
Currently R&D is investigating the cause of why the unnecessary data are accumulated.

[Recovery Method]
Temporarily [C-F907] can be cleared by turning the main power OFF/ON.

[Workaround]
It is available to avoid [C-F907] by enabling Software SW No.159 - bit 3 (Hex 08).

drowranger
08-10-2020, 11:48 AM
There was a new bulletin about this today - PSUS_XU2017641EN/KBA00058265
MFP firmware fails to install. The following is also observed.

MFP freezes at 25% during bootup process.
In most scenarios when the MFP stalls at 25% the indicator lights (Power, Data and Warning LED) will be illuminated

CAUSE: Failed DC Power Supply.
Note: No 5vdc on CN7 Pins 9&11on the DCPS.

SOLUTION: Replace DC Power Supply (p/n AA7RR70200).

tsbservice
08-11-2020, 07:22 PM
It will be my concern to warn you if it will happen again with G00-B5. Maybe it could happen in a few days a week, a month or never. I hope the last case hahah. On my problem I think more of CPUB. Theoretically the Base Board does not elaborate but nothing is impossible so I will take it into account (maybe it blows up some communication between CPUB and STRB)

Done it(G00-B5) today on our machine. Will ask colleagues to break it down again in every imaginable way...they are capable test users :cool:

Custom Search