PDA

View Full Version : Suction cup effect with DF

Custom Search

Bix
08-05-2020, 04:05 PM
Hi, it happens to me in some new printer installations to have the sucker effect on the ADF. When you open it, it is as if there is some glue that holds it. So it takes a little bit of strength to open. But I can't find this "sticky" area. I happened on some 227 but also in the new iseries

Don N.
08-05-2020, 04:30 PM
If the model allows, position white platen cover to left so that lead edge overlaps the guide by 2 mm. Also placing tape on just the corners of the platen cover pulled to the frame so as to create a pull effect. (far rt. is best) Also try applying RAINEX water repellant (not glass cleaner) to the glass and the platen cover.

blackcat4866
08-05-2020, 11:45 PM
I was discussing this with tmaged fairly recently on a Kyocera. What he discovered was that the Velcro attachments in the center of the matt were damaged/unattached.

He tried the tape and the Rainex solutions, with limited success. In the end he just replaced the velcro pads in a horizontal line across the middle of the underside of the DF.

My suggestion was to put a downward warp into the matt so that the middle horizontally touches the glass first and releases last. I never heard whether that worked.

tmaged: Did I get that right? =^..^=

Custom Search