PDA

View Full Version : 8 series K vs CMY drums. What's the diff?

Custom Search

Don N.
08-05-2020, 11:53 PM
Question I posed on another thread about drum noise... This is not about that.

I'd really like to know why the claim that the k drum is not the same as the cmy for the 8 series as it has been for the 0 and 4/e series. Yes there's a plastic stopper (easily removed). Then there's the chip. What else? I'm told you can't just chip an 8 series k drum as cmy... Why?

blackcat4866
08-06-2020, 12:02 AM
So you'll pay a lot more for the color drums? =^..^=

Don N.
08-06-2020, 12:23 AM
I would think that a K drum plus cmy chip = color drum. Same on c220 DR311 and c224e DR512 but, I have it from a "respected engineer" at a vendor that insists he has a tested & proven solution but without that, you can't get away with it on an 8 series dr313. I don't want to just jump and say B.S. If he's being truthful, he's sitting on a lot of money to be made. Exactly the motivation for lying as well. We put a K & CMY side by side and see nothing evident but the side stopper & the chip.
Anybody???

femaster
08-06-2020, 01:57 AM
Since I answered this in the other thread, here is a link to the answer. It will explain perfectly what the differences are...

Bizhub C258 high pitch whine when copying/printing (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/150163-bizhub-c258-high-pitch-whine-when-copying-printing-post1539306.html#post1539306)

Don N.
08-06-2020, 02:21 AM
Saw that. Thanks again!

fatduke
08-06-2020, 03:05 PM
Hi pal,

for my own personal exp, you can't do the trick of CMYK on K drum like past series (chips included)

I had trouble and then on this 8 series you need to buy original 8 series colour drum because either screws in new drum are calculated, so if you don't want to replace all plastic case of past series with plastic case of new 8 series for refurbishing all drum, for me, don't waste time and buy original series 8 color drum.

I hope I was clear in explanation.

Cheers :-)

femaster
08-08-2020, 05:59 PM
Since I answered this in the other thread, here is a link to the answer. It will explain perfectly what the differences are...

Bizhub C258 high pitch whine when copying/printing (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/150163-bizhub-c258-high-pitch-whine-when-copying-printing-post1539306.html#post1539306)

I have made a correction and clarification post with regards to my previous post on the subject at the link below...

Bizhub C258 high pitch whine when copying/printing (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/150163-bizhub-c258-high-pitch-whine-when-copying-printing-post1540686.html#post1540686)

copier tech
08-09-2020, 10:59 AM
Question I posed on another thread about drum noise... This is not about that.

I'd really like to know why the claim that the k drum is not the same as the cmy for the 8 series as it has been for the 0 and 4/e series. Yes there's a plastic stopper (easily removed). Then there's the chip. What else? I'm told you can't just chip an 8 series k drum as cmy... Why?

Yes you can fit K to YMC. Swap the black plastic clamp behind the front blue cover & swap over the spacers from the ends of the drum & of course the chip.

tsbservice
08-09-2020, 01:10 PM
Yes you can fit K to YMC. Swap the black plastic clamp behind the front blue cover & swap over the spacers from the ends of the drum & of course the chip.

Watch out for restyled DR313K drum unit where you cannot just swap end caps from color to K drum as before.

copier tech
08-09-2020, 05:33 PM
Watch out for restyled DR313K drum unit where you cannot just swap end caps from color to K drum as before.

Why, what specifically have they changed?

tsbservice
08-09-2020, 06:38 PM
Why, what specifically have they changed?

The endings are redesigned. You byu new fresh K OEM drum from KM and will see. Can't just swap end cap with spacer.

copier tech
08-09-2020, 06:55 PM
The endings are redesigned. You byu new fresh K OEM drum from KM and will see. Can't just swap end cap with spacer.

What endings? You can simply use these from the original image unit!?

tsbservice
08-09-2020, 07:09 PM
What endings? You can simply use these from the original image unit!?

Are you from Geheime Staatspolizei? What you didn't understand?

copier tech
08-09-2020, 07:19 PM
Are you from Geheime Staatspolizei? What you didn't understand?

Wow lets not drag ‘Geheime Staatspolize’ into this most are not around to defend themselves 😳

REGSIS
08-10-2020, 07:15 AM

I didn't have an oportunity to try this yet but can it be done by removing parts from DR313K and fitting them into DR313CMY used unit?
It take some time but saves a lot of money if machine is yours out in lease.
Parts for exchange: Drum cylinder, cleaning blade, charging roller, chargin roller cleaner.

I never played with these on customer owned machines.
Always sold them new CMY drums whatever series.

Don N.
08-10-2020, 02:03 PM

The "new style"... I'm guessing you are referring to DR314K / AACJ0RD in U.S. I've seen available but not had one in hand yet.
We were talking about DR313K / A7U4-ORD. We primarily sell r/f machines and the 8e series are starting to arrive.
Also guessing the DR314 will be backward compatible and one day we won't be able to get DR313's. If we save our DR313cmy cores for the end caps we should be ok unless they discontinue selling DR313k.

tsbservice
08-10-2020, 02:29 PM
The "new style"... I'm guessing you are referring to DR314K / AACJ0RD in U.S. ..
No-no. I mean DR-313K A7U4-ORD which was reshaped at some point from KM factory.

copier tech
08-10-2020, 03:18 PM
No-no. I mean DR-313K A7U4-ORD which was reshaped at some point from KM factory.

You can mod DR-313K to fit DR-313C.

Don N.
08-10-2020, 03:32 PM

Yes, we've covered that. Do you have anything specific to add? Such as the old vs new style mentioned by tsbservice and what if any different steps you take? Apparently what we have seen so far can be referred to as old style.
I think we've reached a point where pics would be most helpful bc we've seen pics of the "old style" caps that are def. swappable.
Anyone with pics of the new style supposedly not swappable?
Thanks!

copier tech
08-10-2020, 04:24 PM
Yes, we've covered that. Do you have anything specific to add? Such as the old vs new style mentioned by tsbservice and what if any different steps you take? Apparently what we have seen so far can be referred to as old style.
I think we've reached a point where pics would be most helpful bc we've seen pics of the "old style" caps that are def. swappable.
Anyone with pics of the new style supposedly not swappable?
Thanks!

This is the issue these is no ‘old’ & ‘new’ style DR-313K/C

If Konica Minolta did modify the image units we would then have to modify the MFD.

tsbservice
08-10-2020, 07:09 PM

True, but to repeat for you once again KM inc. are aware of that fact and restyled K drum(NOT CMY).

This is the issue these is no ‘old’ & ‘new’ style DR-313K/C

If Konica Minolta did modify the image units we would then have to modify the MFD.

I'm done with you on this topic. Trying to explain no more :cool:

Custom Search