PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Bizhub C552 - p-14 and d-1 errors

Custom Search

mojorolla
08-06-2020, 03:15 PM
Good morning all.
We inherited this older Bizhub C552. It initially had p-14 and D-1 errors. I replaced the K drum unit, cleaned all registration sensors, removed and cleaned laser, all lenses and mirrors.
The errors have cleared but the machine refuses to operate in the following ways:
-cannot access webpage but DHCP is working to assign an ip address
-machine comes to Ready state and it will scan from the platen or ADF but copy jobs are immediately held and the upper LED light goes orange
-service mode adjustment will not function (stabilizer, registration, skew adjust, etc) I can enter values but cannot run procedures. History also show a total of 906 p-14 errors and 135 p-21 errors, so this has been happening for years.
I have read several bulletin regarding these errors fixed with firmware but do not have access to the KM site and the Muratec site we use does not host these older models. I am leaning towards printers control board due to lack of webpage access and inability to run setups. If anyone has any ideas or something I have not tried, I would appreciate your input.

Thank you

:)

Synthohol
08-06-2020, 05:50 PM
Just clean the shit out of it including the itb sensors.
Make sure PSWC and http server are on in admin mode.

Also...

P-14 means there is a skew problem. There is a special firmware for this problem. PRCB is the only part that has to be flashed with this special firmware. So follow this step by step----1. Do "Skew Adjustment Reset" then run "Initialize+Image Stabilization"
2. Turn off copier.
3. Apply firmware. (Redacted version)
4 Do "Skew Adjustment Reset" then run "Initialize+Image Stabilization" again.
5. Turn off and on the copier.
6. Run Gradation for all three modes and then run Stabilizer again.

This procedure usually fixes P-14 codes.

Synaux
08-09-2020, 04:41 AM
Good morning all.

So you are using DHCP or Static IP?
Have you tried a laptop via crossover cable?

Try performing a Data Clear first, I think
Can you print from a computer at all? And can you run any type of test print from Service Mode (even paper passage)?

(I cannot think of any instance where any P/D "warnings" prohibit functions to be ran in Service Mode; if there is a setting in SM that stops users from running the machine with any "warnings" [I don't remember a lot the prohibit settings--never use them] there might be something there, but that doesn't seem to explain not being able to perform functions in SM)

I would check the fuser and and as hinted, clean the transfer belt and maybe just flash the FW with whatever you can get your hands on for the time being (this will at least eliminate the notion of corrupted FW).
Is there a finisher installed?

Good Luck :)

copier tech
08-09-2020, 10:26 AM
Good morning all.
We inherited this older Bizhub C552. It initially had p-14 and D-1 errors. I replaced the K drum unit, cleaned all registration sensors, removed and cleaned laser, all lenses and mirrors.
The errors have cleared but the machine refuses to operate in the following ways:
-machine comes to Ready state and it will scan from the platen or ADF but copy jobs are immediately held and the upper LED light goes orange
-service mode adjustment will not function (stabilizer, registration, skew adjust, etc) I can enter values but cannot run procedures. History also show a total of 906 p-14 errors and 135 p-21 errors, so this has been happening for years.
I have read several bulletin regarding these errors fixed with firmware but do not have access to the KM site and the Muratec site we use does not host these older models. I am leaning towards printers control board due to lack of webpage access and inability to run setups. If anyone has any ideas or something I have not tried, I would appreciate your input.

Thank you

Unlikely you will need to replace a board.

Have a look at the consumable life, if any are over you will not be able to print (this can be disable should this be the issue)

Re the machine webpage try another browser, Chrome is usually the best.

The P-14 errors may clear as you start to use the machine especially if it's not been used for a while. How do the colour copies look, any print quality defects?

& yes a lot of these issues will be resolved by updating the firmware drop me an email should you require it.

Firmware Update - Printer & Copier Firmware (http://www.copierfirmware.co.uk)

mojorolla
08-10-2020, 02:07 PM
The machine comes to ready but will not print or copy. The lamp will come on and move but jobs are immediately held. In service mode, I can only set values, none of the adjustments will run ( skew correction, stabilizer, etc) and cannot produce printouts. Webpage has been tried with several different browser and I get no response manual or DHCP. NIC card appears to be working as DHCP does assign an ip address. I was able to get the error reports to a USB drive and I found a mere 906 p-14 codes and just a few (135) p-21 codes. As mentioned, we inherited this unit. Also , during the course of troubleshooting, I noticed a bracket missing from the laser and a few other missing items. Looks like these issues have been occurring for years....

tsbservice
08-10-2020, 02:25 PM
Did you look at consumables life?

mojorolla
08-10-2020, 02:42 PM
Yep, no consumables are showing end of life.

tsbservice
08-10-2020, 02:50 PM
Try Initialize all data in System 1.
Also check attached file regarding Status indicator lamp.

Custom Search