PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C654e vertical color lines

Custom Search

fntsy
08-07-2020, 08:09 AM
There are vertical Cyan, Magenta and Yellow separate lines and before every line the color registration is a bit off. I happans only on tick paper and on bigger formats then A4. The 3 lines on the page corespond to the position of the of the 3 color first PCR rollers in the TBU. The first page in a series is always good, every next page looks like in the attached image. Changing the TBU does not fix the problem.

rrrohan
08-07-2020, 09:12 AM
have you reset the print head skew adjustment and cleaned the IDC sensors?

GIUBOSS
08-07-2020, 11:18 AM
There are vertical Cyan, Magenta and Yellow separate lines and before every line the color registration is a bit off. I happans only on tick paper and on bigger formats then A4. The 3 lines on the page corespond to the position of the of the 3 color first PCR rollers in the TBU. The first page in a series is always good, every next page looks like in the attached image. Changing the TBU does not fix the problem.

How many copies / prints has the transfer unit made? The drum units ??

fntsy
08-07-2020, 11:39 AM
have you reset the print head skew adjustment and cleaned the IDC sensors?
Yes, I did that yesterday with no effect. I also did try with brand new transfer belt and drums.

rrrohan
08-07-2020, 11:51 AM
id be trying HV boards.

qbert69
08-07-2020, 12:18 PM
Check & see if there is a magnetic clutch in the ITB drivetrain...if it's stalling/slowing down & the drums are still rotating, then it's possible that is why the "build-up" toner line is being created.[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Gift
08-07-2020, 01:17 PM
Also try a test run with a different type of thick paper before throwing all sorts of parts into the MFP^^^

mga
08-07-2020, 06:38 PM
Yes, I did that yesterday with no effect. I also did try with brand new transfer belt and drums.

Was that oem parts complete units or individual parts

fntsy
08-07-2020, 07:10 PM
Was that oem parts complete units or individual parts

Today I took with me parts from a perfectly working machine
1. Transfer belt
2. Imaging Units - Y, M, C
3. PC motor YMC (M16)
4. Transfer belt motor (M1)
5. Developing motor/YMC (M17)
The motors are connected directly and there is no magnetic cluches there
6. HV2 and HV3 (I forgot the HV1 - I think HV1 controls corona voltages and bias voltages)
Also cleaned the black PC encoder

All this did not fix the problem. Just to be clear - on A3 paper set to plain paper there is no problem. On A4 paper on any tickness - there is no problem. The problem is on A3 with tick paper.

tsbservice
08-07-2020, 07:12 PM
Check & see if there is a magnetic clutch in the ITB drivetrain...if it's stalling/slowing down & the drums are still rotating, then it's possible that is why the "build-up" toner line is being created.[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I like the way you're thinking :. Very insightful, although I think this model don't have
such clutches.
In anyway BIG👍

tsbservice
08-07-2020, 07:20 PM
Today I took with me parts from a perfectly working machine
1. Transfer belt
2. Imaging Units - Y, M, C
3. PC motor YMC (M16)
4. Transfer belt motor (M1)
5. Developing motor/YMC (M17)
The motors are connected directly and there is no magnetic cluches there
6. HV2 and HV3 (I forgot the HV1 - I think HV1 controls corona voltages and bias voltages)
Also cleaned the black PC encoder

All this did not fix the problem. Just to be clear - on A3 paper set to plain paper there is no problem. On A4 paper on any tickness - there is no problem. The problem is on A3 with tick paper.

fntsy, this is disgusting dude. If I remember correctly there are second motor involved in ITB cleaning brush drive. Could be some momentum bind there also.

fntsy
08-07-2020, 07:22 PM
Forgot to mention the problem has nothing to do with the paper used. I stopped the machine mid-print and took out the Transfer belt - the lines are present on the transfer belt itself. We can rule out paper transport or 2nd transfer issues.

mga
08-07-2020, 07:24 PM
The problem could still be a pcu or transfer unit when you replace with new parts copier will run setup with Resets values on machine ie charge voltage when you also set to think paper other values are set could be taking charge to high or to low

Synthohol
08-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Just a thought, don't use the thick paper setting. Use special\user paper setting with the GM2 rating
See if that makes a difference. Hell, try envelope setting.
Also check the neutral to ground at the outlet, anything over 1/2 a volt is unacceptable and may be a ground issue.

tsbservice
08-07-2020, 07:40 PM
The problem could still be a pcu or transfer unit when you replace with new parts copier will run setup with Resets values on machine ie charge voltage when you also set to think paper other values are set could be taking charge to high or to low

Mark is right here as usual.
OP see image quality troubleshooting in SM for color lines perpendicular to paper movement. There are which HVs can be bad.

fntsy
08-07-2020, 08:34 PM
Just a thought, don't use the thick paper setting. Use special\user paper setting with the GM2 rating
See if that makes a difference. Hell, try envelope setting.
Also check the neutral to ground at the outlet, anything over 1/2 a volt is unacceptable and may be a ground issue.

OMG, thank you. Envelope setting works. No lines and the toner is well fused on a 250 gsm paper. A good work-around.
Still - what a puzzling problem. Maybe firmware issue?

blackcat4866
08-07-2020, 10:47 PM
Perhaps the thick paper setting for A3 is changing the print speed? Good call on the Envelope Media Type.

Maybe try a different level of firmware? =^..^=

Synthohol
08-07-2020, 10:47 PM
im on the fence about firmware vs HV in this case.
it appears that when idle the DV has put this line on all the drums and the belt picked them up so the image was made on top of the residue lines.
if you want to try firmware i can help.
if you want to try an HV, that i can only help with a part# ;)
glad the workaround helped, not the first time ive had to change media type because the standard settings do something screwey.
im curious though if its all OEM toner and parts or aftermarket. not judging since we all dig our own graves one way or another :)

blackcat4866
08-08-2020, 12:03 AM
... glad the workaround helped, not the first time I've had to change media type because the standard settings do something screwy...

We recently had a C754e that fuser multiple imaged only on one specific media (199gsm on the package, 210gsm on my scale), only when set to Plain, Thick2, and Thick3 media types. Technically it's Thick2.

Thick1 works perfectly. I don't have a good explanation. =^..^=

Phil B.
08-08-2020, 12:36 AM
OMG, thank you. Envelope setting works. No lines and the toner is well fused on a 250 gsm paper. A good work-around.
Still - what a puzzling problem. Maybe firmware issue?

NO it's a paper weight/type setting problem

fntsy
08-08-2020, 05:38 AM
NO it's a paper weight/type setting problem

The same setting with the same paper works on another machine.

Custom Search