PDA

View Full Version : PRINTING USER ACCOUNT TRACK ON SERVER Bizhub C227

Custom Search

blinxwap
08-13-2020, 07:55 PM
I have a printer in the field at a hotel the Guy in their IT department shares the printer on the server and everyone prints from there. The printer is setup for printing with acount track now everytime in a month or so it just deletes the account track data and then i have to enter the data again and verify so they can print again, The guy in the IT department wants to setup Account track for all the users on the printer shared on the server all in one can this be done cause i know only of doing it individually on each pc any relavent links of ideas would be appreciated [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

bsm2
08-13-2020, 08:04 PM
Share the printer on server and in printer allow popup for account codes

blinxwap
08-13-2020, 08:09 PM
Share the printer on server and in printer allow popup for account codesIf you allow popup for account wouldnt that option let you verify on the printer each time you send a print job by entering your code for your account

bsm2
08-13-2020, 08:12 PM
If you allow popup for account wouldnt that option let you verify on the printer each time you send a print job by entering your code for your account

yes and no there is a verify before option I believe or your could hard code each pc. Depends on what the client wants

blinxwap
08-13-2020, 08:15 PM
yes and no there is a verify before option I believe or your could hard code each pc. Depends on what the client wantsThey just want to print and collect their printouts at the printer , the IT Guy wants all the codes for each user to be added on one printer the printer that he shares on the server cause each pc is printing through their server

bsm2
08-13-2020, 08:17 PM
does each user work from the same pc? than you can hard code. If not the only way to track user is with a popup and input there code on each print job

blinxwap
08-13-2020, 08:20 PM
does each user work from the same pc? than you can hard code. If not the only way to track user is with a popup and input there code on each print jobNope they not using one pc its about 10 or more pcs printing to the printer

bsm2
08-13-2020, 08:23 PM
Nope they not using one pc its about 10 or more pcs printing to the printer

same user on each pc then hard code them

Synthohol
08-13-2020, 10:17 PM
yup, in the driver properties click advanced tab, printing defaults and add their number to acct track and apply.
it will just print but be "charged" to them.

using a code at the machine to release a job is secure print not acct track.

rrrohan
08-14-2020, 01:31 AM
Why not use single sign On.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Synthohol
08-14-2020, 03:58 AM
not every customer runs LDAP on their server even when its on site.
i have a lot of law offices that assign client #s and add them to acct track, the popup driver works great for that.
in this case, if every user has their own PC and code, just lock their code in to defaults.

emujo2
08-14-2020, 01:45 PM
Trying to wrap my head around this..The problem seems to be the account trach data is being deleted for some unknown reason at the end of the month and you want to know if moving the printer to a server to be shared will keep this from occurring? If I'm correct then no..Since account track data is associated with the machine and the driver simply pulls the info then any changes (ie account data deleted) will be relayed to the driver the next time it opens. Account track data is deleted by..
1. Admin logs in and turns off account track
2. Format of the HDD

a less likely 3rd method would be a machine problem but I would suspect a code and it would not happen at the end of the month every month.

My advice would be to re add the account track data, back it up, then change the admin password and CE password so the machine cannot be accessed by any unauthorized users.

I wonder if some one is confusing resetting the account track meter counts with resetting account track??

Another issue with the driver on the server and shared is any changes to the account track codes must be retrieved by the server driver before the users can start using the codes. E

Custom Search