PDA

View Full Version : C360 horizontal magenta line on the edge

Custom Search

madu132
08-14-2020, 09:30 AM
Hi Guys

I have issue with c360, there is horizontal magenta line on the bottom when printing color as in attachment, but when print b/w there is no line.

check and try to swap the drum to other color but still same. Any idea what could causing this?

robinsonad86
08-14-2020, 10:03 AM
Potentially magenta dev unit, more than likely transfer belt

Albonline
08-14-2020, 01:06 PM
Hi Guys

I have issue with c360, there is horizontal magenta line on the bottom when printing color as in attachment, but when print b/w there is no line.

check and try to swap the drum to other color but still same. Any idea what could causing this?

print head, if image is printed in non image area. can't really tell from the scans

Synthohol
08-14-2020, 01:19 PM
from what i can see on the tiny tiny sample is the T\belt isnt cleaning on the edge.
its either the belt or the gears that drive the belt cleaning unit.

Rugggero
08-14-2020, 04:27 PM
I would try to control the laser, first with the rod supplied, then disassembling it.

femaster
08-15-2020, 06:54 PM
How does the magenta drum look? I've had something similar with a bad drum. Swap magenta drum with cyan and see if you get cyan on the bottom instead of magenta.

EDIT: Never mind, somehow missed the part that stated the drum swap had already been tried.

Next step would be verify the transfer belt and belt cleaning unit. Probably wouldn't hurt to make sure that there isn't a build-up of toner/developer on that end of the development unit for some reason also.

tsbservice
08-15-2020, 08:34 PM

How does the magenta drum look? I've had something similar with a bad drum. Swap magenta drum with cyan and see if you get cyan on the bottom instead of magenta.
Looks to me like OP already swapped drums :)

femaster
08-15-2020, 11:52 PM
Looks to me like OP already swapped drums :)

Thanks for that. Not sure how I missed that!

Phil B.
08-16-2020, 03:23 AM
I would try to control the laser, first with the rod supplied, then disassembling it.

control or CLEAN?

fornerm
08-17-2020, 08:12 AM
Hello,
Look my early Post, i had an Cyan Line on the edge......
Is this the same failure ?
I cant see your exemble pictures, its to small.

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/107724-c284e-grinding-track-itb-drums.html?highlight=#post509415

mfg

Rugggero
08-25-2020, 04:17 PM
control or CLEAN?

Clean and check the difference between before and after.

fatduke
08-25-2020, 05:47 PM
Potentially magenta dev unit, more than likely transfer belt

I agree, also transfer roller.

Phil B.
08-25-2020, 05:59 PM
Clean and check the difference between before and after.

so you just confused CONTROL with clean?

Synaux
08-26-2020, 04:59 AM
from what i can see on the tiny tiny sample is the T\belt isnt cleaning on the edge.
its either the belt or the gears that drive the belt cleaning unit.

Yup, looks like the M roller inside the belt is lopsided--note the lightness on the top...

Either that or a lack of voltage to the M unit itself?

I agree, also transfer roller.
No offense, but that does not make sense. How could a transfer roller make an impression of only one color in what looks like high saturation in one spot--and--outside the print area? I guarantee you that the tranf roller will have magenta build up on the edge, but I fail to understand how that can possibly be the the cause. That said, the K print would probably clean up with a new (or cleaned) transfer roller.

I would like to see some scanned images of some 12x18" stock (or anything 12"). Gradation, halftone, and halftone at 50% out of bypass with the guides fully extended and the stock pushed to the user-side of the machine at its limit (might run slightly skewed, but who cares). :rolleyes:

Custom Search