PDA

View Full Version : DI250 setting up a PI3500

Custom Search

DedicMort
11-04-2008, 09:58 PM
I have a DI250 and am trying to install a PI3500 print controller. When I plug the PI3500 in to my machine the leds on the board light up and then D6 flashes and stays flashing. Im not sure if this is the final step or if something is wrong with my print controller.

Also when I go into the options on the DI250 the printer function under the Utilities tab is not there. Do i need to download something for this machine so that it will work as a printer I was under the assumption that the PI3500 told the copier that it was now going to be a printer.

Any help in this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Greg

kmcopytech
11-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Pi3500 print Controller NIC UM:

good luck!!!

WaveyDavey
11-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Have you fitted the interface cable?
goes from the Pi to the machine, it looks like an parallel cable at one end

DedicMort
11-05-2008, 04:52 PM
yeah i connected the cable and powered up the pi3500. it runs through a cycle then at the end D6 just flashes. there isnt alot of information on this machine so i dont know if thats what its suppose to do or something is worng.

thanks

DedicMort
11-05-2008, 05:00 PM
my pi 3500 does not have the nic card I was going to use a jumper cable from serial to usb and then hook up a usb hub to hook to my network. think this is going to work? Also does anyone know where i can get a NIC card for this machine for a reasonable price.. Thanks

kmcopytech
11-06-2008, 09:58 AM
NIC cards, cheap!!!
TO ebay!!!

Cantechman
11-06-2008, 05:13 PM
my pi 3500 does not have the nic card I was going to use a jumper cable from serial to usb and then hook up a usb hub to hook to my network. think this is going to work? Also does anyone know where i can get a NIC card for this machine for a reasonable price.. Thanks

You need a nic...not sure if ebay would have them for a Minolta machine, but it has to be one made specifically for Minolta. A regular nic would not work. The error states
Error 10. Jumping to the Controller program

DedicMort
11-06-2008, 05:51 PM
would any nic card for a minolta work or does it have to be specific?

Cantechman
11-06-2008, 07:36 PM
I would think it would have to be controller specific. Maybe a Pi3502 nic card might work.....you would have to compare them. I only have listings for the controllers as a whole and the part number is always different. The models after the Pi3502's are completely different.

DedicMort
11-06-2008, 08:10 PM
I have the pi3500 connected thru my laptop thru the usb port. I dont know how to figure out the ip address so that i can print thru this printer. When I do test print on the machine a black page comes out of the machine. Is there a setting that I can tell the copier/printer what ip address i want it to use?

DedicMort
11-06-2008, 08:28 PM
when u go into utility and there is the test print button there if i push that this error code comes out.

ABORT !*!
code =0x000021f
tskid=0x00007ef4
sp=0x9015e800
ra=0x908120
build= 0251c 990723.

it seems that the copier is rejecting the print controller?

Cantechman
11-06-2008, 08:43 PM
If its the same as a Pi3502 go under the utility/admin mode the network 1 I think. You should be able to specify the ip under there.

buster68
11-06-2008, 08:46 PM
The best thing I can tell you to do is throw the whole thing away. You're dealing with technology thats almost 10 years old. The PI3500 barely printed with the nic card(and yes it is specific to the model), I doubt you will have any success getting it to print correctly in the configuration that you are trying.

ck1
11-07-2008, 06:01 AM
this printer no good ,always got problem... 18XXX:confused:

WaveyDavey
11-07-2008, 09:06 AM
I agree with the above, the NIC were a problem and sourcing them is very difficult KM UK stopped a few years ago and they are unique to this device.
to reset the nic there is a jumper on the card that you change and power up the device. this then sets it to dhcp. once this has rebooted after the jumper is removed you can use the utility on the user cd to scan for the device. it should print out a config page after 2 minutes from boot up.
imo though they are rubbish and more trouble than they are worth.

indigit4l
10-27-2009, 03:23 PM
I read about jumper placement and it resetting the device back to DHCP. First I read it was J2 so with the device off I moved it, powered it back up, let it run for a minute, then powered down, moved the jumper back, powered up...

Didn't seem to work, so I read on another board that it was the FACT jumper and did the same process as above. Now I can't seem to get it to print a config sheet to view the IP info. Before I hit, "print test page" and it's print 8 pages of info. Now nothing. Today I get to go back and try and get it better, any ideas?

Below is the Pi3500 pdf and I've searched all the info on jumpers I could find. Could anyone help me find out what is wrong?

Hansoon
10-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Pi-3500 uses a dedicated NIC, have lots of them for free but I doubt its worth the postage Germany-USA.

Reset of Pi-3500

Put jumper OP2 on the NIC in FACT position.

-Power up Machine (Interface cable machine-controller should be in place)
-Wait 3 minutes
-Return jumper to its original position
-Switch on machine again and wait until config page comes out, this may take 3-5 minutes. Will show now 0.0.0.0 as new IP-Address.
-Use a crossover patch cable between computer and controller and execute Bootp (Free BOOTP Desktop Download (http://www.brothersoft.com/bootp-desktop-download-106943.html)) to set new IP adress by using the MAC address which is labeled on the NIC. Bootp gives usually an error after this but that can be ignored.
Every time you use Bootp you should do the FACT restore first. It will work only one time after reset.

This should do it to set a new IP-address which later on can be modified through the web interface.

Hans

indigit4l
10-27-2009, 06:59 PM
thanks... turns out i left one of the jumpers (J2) switched in the other position. Now the IP is still the same, 192.168.1.151 (needs to be on 192.168.0.x) but I assume I can still change it as you mentioned. I can get so far as to enter the password through telnet, but then it just kinda hangs and the cursor doesn't do a thing.

using bootp, how do i change the ip? I've entered the MAC address, and what "available options" must I add? Or whatever else? thanks!

Hansoon
10-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Go to Admin > Configure and set similar as follows:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7695/hc037.png (http://img196.imageshack.us/i/hc037.png/)

Nothing else to be set. Use : as a divider for the subnet mask. Don't try "verify" its not working.

Wait at least 3 minutes to restart machine/controller again and than wait again 2-3 minutes for the new config page to come out with the new IP-address.

Hans

indigit4l
10-27-2009, 07:19 PM
I see what you mean, but I must have a different interface. See pics... this was from the link you put up but also the only one I seem to find available on google.. any other links? Thanks for the fast response

indigit4l
10-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Man I was showing somebody how the telnet wasn't letting me in and boom, it started working. I switched it through telnet... I'm still interested in the program though. As an IT guy, I like all the tools I can find. Thanks Hans

Hansoon
10-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Perhaps a newer version.

Here's the one I use:

YouSendIt - Send large files - transfer delivery - FTP Replacement (http://www.yousendit.com/download/Z01OZFh0dEM4aU5FQlE9PQ)

Hans

indigit4l
10-28-2009, 03:34 PM
So, I was able to configure everything and just needed it to print to a networked computer...

Pi3500 is the network controller on the Di250 Minolta copier.

Downloading an XP or older driver from their website, and manually selecting it at the "have disk" part of the install (I was sure it was going to reject it and it does), Vista reads it, and asks you to pick from the Di250 driver or the Di350 driver (then hitting Di250, confirm, and it rejects it).

On the other hand, when I pick from the drivers that were available - already from Vista - starting with the manufacturer, I get Minolta, then Pi3500 is the closest match in the right pane.

Surely they're both meant to be networking drivers, but why would one specify the networking controller, and the other the copier? It sort of makes me feel that the copier isn't supported or else Vista would have the Di250 driver. A bit of a leap, I know.

I think what it is is the driver. While Vista is said to be compatible, I don't know. I mean, the copier supports PS and PCL6 so a simple generic tcp/ip driver you think would work, configured as RAW with the same port the printer is set to. I just couldn't get the thing to test print. I deactivated the firewall on the PC... don't think I needed to mess with the airport router, switched around a lot of the options in the driver config settings and nada.

There was quite a bit of chatter I noticed while doing a continuous ping on the printer... it started off almost inaccessible and then after 20 minutes it sort of levelized. Often it would fail to ping, and http would work sporadically. When it did sort of level out, it would get a ping of 3, 5, 4 ms and then 54ms, and repeat, but wouldn't go above 60.

Any ideas? Vista? NIC? I talked to a guy from the environment it was pulled from recently and it worked with the XP computers... my XP laptop died while I was installing the driver... anyways. Any ideas?

Hansoon
10-28-2009, 04:07 PM
There's no Vista for this old beast.

Support & Drivers Search Results | Product: Pi3500 / File Type: Drivers / Operating System: Windows 2000/XP (http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/download/SearchResults.aspx?productid=460&filetypeid=0&osid=3)

Use RAW with Port 10001

it started off almost inaccessible and then after 20 minutes it sort of levelized. Often it would fail to ping, and http would work sporadically. When it did sort of level out, it would get a ping of 3, 5, 4 ms and then 54ms, and repeat, but wouldn't go above 60.

If so than it looks bit like a NIC problem.

Hans

indigit4l
10-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Thank you, I will take this under advisement and let them know that that's what it probably is. I appreciate the help, and I'll update if I get it owrking on my XP laptop

Custom Search