PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-280/360 and BH-C-284e/364e series. Toner containing developer

Custom Search

Hansoon
08-16-2020, 07:39 PM
Guys, anyone knows exactly which toner contains a little developer (carrier) too, and if, what amount?
Is it only for K or also for the CMY toner and again, if, is this for C280/360/C284e/364e the same amount?

Thanks

Hans

acusso1234
08-16-2020, 07:59 PM
C280 and C360 only K. C284 and C364 has developer in all colors.

copier tech
08-16-2020, 08:51 PM
Guys, anyone knows exactly which toner contains a little developer (carrier) too, and if, what amount?
Is it only for K or also for the CMY toner and again, if, is this for C280/360/C284e/364e the same amount?

Thanks

Hans

KM have a used the same identical toner for many years.

For example I had an issue with C224e machines depleting cyan dev units & used the dev from some old used C552 image units I had laying around.

After topping up the C224 dev units using the C552 developer quality was perfect.

copier addict
08-16-2020, 09:04 PM

Thanks

Hans

acusso1234 is correct. Just black on c360 series and all colours on 4 and 4e series

femaster
08-16-2020, 09:45 PM
Since the question has already been answered, I thought I'd share a random thought that ran through my head...

I've never tried it, but I would think an easy way to confirm might might be to open the shutter on a toner bottle, insert a magnetized screwdriver into the toner and wiggle it around a bit and see if anything sticks to the screw driver when you pull it out. Maybe there isn't enough developer in it for this to even work, but since I haven't tried it, who knows.

Hansoon
08-17-2020, 04:51 AM
Thanks Guys.

I've never tried it, but I would think an easy way to confirm might might be to open the shutter on a toner bottle, insert a magnetized screwdriver into the toner and wiggle it around a bit and see if anything sticks to the screw driver when you pull it out. Maybe there isn't enough developer in it for this to even work, but since I haven't tried it, who knows.

That's what I did before but the result was not convincing enough. "Some" toner stuck to the magnet but not with the typical build-up of a "hairy" pattern one is seeing when having pure developer on your magnetic screwdriver. Also would it be nice to know the percentage of developer being added to the toner.

Hans

REGSIS
08-17-2020, 06:23 AM
Since the question has already been answered, I thought I'd share a random thought that ran through my head...

Don't know how much developer but enough to enough to recuperate half-empty brush on magnet roller.

For example: Customer report (mainly) no cyan on top half of page.
1. Clean drum unit/replace (if fully worn).
2. Rotate dev unit manually (many is missing)
3. Set TCR to -1 (mostly for cyan)

Check after 5000 to 10000 pages - perfect brush and no toner buildup on charging grid.

P.S. Take new yellow toner out of box and you will see black groups of developer in it.
When you shake the bottle it will spread and not be visible any more.
With compatible toner you cannot see black particles inside.

tulintron
08-17-2020, 08:47 PM
I place a small amount of toner on a sheet and pass the magnetized tool under the sheet. So I have my results.

Custom Search