PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C454

Custom Search

Kenny
08-17-2020, 08:54 AM
Hi guys,

We currently have a konica minolta c454 that will not take firmware, I have tried to to do the procedure but its boots up as normal.

I have done the follwing:

Tried various USB's
formatted all USB'S to FAT32
Blown out USB port
re-wrote firmware off of USB's and re-downloaded

we are currently trying to update the firmware to the special scan to email firmware as the machine is getting a forward TX error when scanning to email.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

tsbservice
08-17-2020, 09:05 AM
Try to leave front door open.

copier tech
08-17-2020, 09:50 AM
Hi guys,

We currently have a konica minolta c454 that will not take firmware, I have tried to to do the procedure but its boots up as normal.

Tried various USB's
Blown out USB port

we are currently trying to update the firmware to the special scan to email firmware as the machine is getting a forward TX error when scanning to email.

What firmware version are you using, maybe it's not the correct version for your non 'e' C454.

USB works best no larger than 2GB.

And silly question, you are using the correct service USB slot?

Kenny
08-17-2020, 02:08 PM
thank you for the replies guys,

I have managed to get it to boot to the screen with the fins and doesn't boot to the normal copy screen. I have been waiting for about 10 minutes for it to boot to the firmware screen, is this normal?

copyman
08-17-2020, 02:09 PM
thank you for the replies guys,

I have managed to get it to boot to the screen with the fins and doesn't boot to the normal copy screen. I have been waiting for about 10 minutes for it to boot to the firmware screen, is this normal?

I've had it take 10+ mins. Just wait

Kenny
08-17-2020, 02:38 PM
still not booted to firmware screen, surley it doesnt take this long?

copier tech
08-17-2020, 03:58 PM
still not booted to firmware screen, surley it doesnt take this long?

What firmware version are you using, maybe it's not the correct version for your non 'e' C454.

USB works best no larger than 2GB.

And silly question, you are using the correct service USB slot?

emujo2
08-17-2020, 05:08 PM
Are you seeing the black dot in the upper corner while it's trying to boot? E

emujo2
08-17-2020, 05:13 PM
Hi guys,

Tried various USB's
Blown out USB port

Did a little research (and this has been posted before) the non-e models must 1st be converted to e models before the special firmware can be applied..So if you are trying to put C454e into a C454 it won't work directly. E

copier tech
08-17-2020, 05:15 PM
Did a little research (and this has been posted before) the non-e models must 1st be converted to e models before the special firmware can be applied..So if you are trying to put C454e into a C454 it won't work directly. E

Thus my question asking what version he is trying to use.

Walterj
08-17-2020, 07:38 PM
Hi guys,

Tried various USB's
Blown out USB port

I should first say which version of Fw you are trying to rewrite
With the acronym we will know what version it is and what changes it makes to your computer
When putting the USB before turning on the equipment, keep pressing the yellow reset button.
But it is important to know which version of Fw you are trying to rewrite as it may not be the model.
Check that the photosensor connector is properly connected to the MFPB.

Custom Search