PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous FD 503 not responding on C1070

Custom Search

emujo2
08-17-2020, 03:41 PM
Have a tech induced issue..Went out for jamming in FD, upon re assembling to test the main body sees the FD but will not respond. You can open the front door or unplug the AC power and there's no change. No error code either. We have replaced all boards, and power supply, even the 24VDC wire harness. Moved machine to 6136 and have the same symptoms. With FD removed machines run fine. So the main body shows FD 503/PI but you can't run it, paper just jams at the inlet. Main board light up, we have AC and DC at various test points but after 2 weeks we are not getting anywhere. I put a spare FD 503 on the customer machine and it works fine so I'm pretty sure the issue is the FD..Looking to pull a rabbit out of my hat here..TIA, E

Edit we have checked and rechecked all connectors and verified they are plugged into the correct slots using the working machine for comparison.

blackcat4866
08-17-2020, 11:36 PM
Have a tech induced issue..Went out for jamming in FD, upon re assembling to test the main body sees the FD but will not respond. You can open the front door or unplug the AC power and there's no change. No error code either. We have replaced all boards, and power supply, even the 24VDC wire harness. Moved machine to 6136 and have the same symptoms. With FD removed machines run fine. So the main body shows FD 503/PI but you can't run it, paper just jams at the inlet. Main board light up, we have AC and DC at various test points but after 2 weeks we are not getting anywhere. I put a spare FD 503 on the customer machine and it works fine so I'm pretty sure the issue is the FD..Looking to pull a rabbit out of my hat here..TIA, E

Edit we have checked and rechecked all connectors and verified they are plugged into the correct slots using the working machine for comparison.

I seem to recall that there are some paper size calibrations in the manual. If somebody were to skip those calibrations at setup, it will definitely jam every time. And if that same person were to use the wrong sized calibration paper it will also jam.

emujo2
08-18-2020, 06:33 PM
I want to add that there is no jam or error codes..If you pull the FD away form the machine and start printing, the pages will fall to the floor..No jams. FD still shows as connected, but the main body simply does not care. We can reload f/w on the FD, but nothing works in I/O mode. You can move a sensor out position and it will not move back at power on, nor throw a code. We are mystified. E

tsbservice
08-18-2020, 06:49 PM
I'm not seeing this model but logic tells me that you should forget that machine shows FD. Clearly they are separated and FD is dead for some unknown reason. I wish I was there...Good luck.

emujo2
08-18-2020, 09:47 PM
it's not dead, mostly dead (lol)..I have 24 vdc all over the place, LEDs lit on the main board, I can actually feel the exit motors add a little tension when I power on, and I can update f/w..I will be completley bald because of this one I think. E

blackcat4866
08-18-2020, 11:24 PM
it's not dead, mostly dead (lol)..I have 24 vdc all over the place, LEDs lit on the main board, I can actually feel the exit motors add a little tension when I power on, and I can update f/w..I will be completley bald because of this one I think. E

I think I'd track the paper sensors' wiring back to the FD503 controller and see if you can detect sensors changing state. Maybe that might point you in a direction. At this point any direction will do. =^..^=

emujo2
08-28-2020, 06:34 PM
An update for anyone else that may see this..

The tech blew a board when he incorrectly plugged all the connectors in. When he repalced the board he missed a jumper that tells the machine if the accessory is a pass through or a end point. This was why we had no codes. When we finally got this jumper setting corrected (none of my guys remembered this f'ing jumper) the FD was back on the original condition (jamming at the entrance). So at least we can say we've made some progress..Nothing worse than tech induced problems. E

tsbservice
08-28-2020, 07:18 PM
Thanks for following up.

Where the heck this jumper is mentioned? That would be greenhorn mistake if they didn't follow new board install setup if any came with new board.

emujo2
08-28-2020, 07:33 PM
It's not on the board, but when he tore the back off trouble shooting this, he either removed the jumper or re connected it when he put everything back together. This little jumper tells the main body if this is the final acessory or something passing through. It's in the install PDF on how to set it. Tech got it wrong and went down the proverbial rabbit hole chasing boards/ harnesses..ect. Who would open the install guide when replacing a used FD 503 with another used FD 503..(well I ensure they do next time). E

Custom Search