PDA

View Full Version : Biz "4" series & wifi

Custom Search

copyman
08-19-2020, 03:55 AM
Do those aftermarket wifi adapters work with a copier? I guess you plug adapter into an electrical outlet and ethernet cable from copier to adapter and than copier can be setup through wifi. Customer wants to put copier on lower level and router is on 2nd level. Too far for hard wired. Good wifi signal where copier will be located. Do these adapters work for this application?

I've never had much luck with the Kon/Min installed optional wifi and blue tooth accessories. Hard to connect and never worked right.

Thanks in advance

rrrohan
08-19-2020, 07:04 AM
Do those aftermarket wifi adapters work with a copier? I guess you plug adapter into an electrical outlet and ethernet cable from copier to adapter and than copier can be setup through wifi. Customer wants to put copier on lower level and router is on 2nd level. Too far for hard wired. Good wifi signal where copier will be located. Do these adapters work for this application?

I've never had much luck with the Kon/Min installed optional wifi and blue tooth accessories. Hard to connect and never worked right.

Thanks in advance

have you considered using Ethernet over power? the TP-Link AV600 Powerline adaptor is one i used for this very task yesterday.

if its on another floor though if its on its own electrical circuit it might not communicate

I think the wifi from KM is to expensive so have almost always used this instead

copier tech
08-19-2020, 07:12 AM

Thanks in advance

Yes they work very well & are so simply to set up via your smart phone etc.

This is the brand I use.

RE220 | AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender | TP-Link United Kingdom (https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/range-extender/re220/)

Toxic
08-19-2020, 10:38 AM
I used for years Tp link access point connected to C224 and it works without problem in office.
Just keep in mind wifi speed is much slower and can fluctuate in comparasion with cable ethernet and if you send some large files on print it can take some time to receive job.
For printing few office pages you will not see difference in speed.

qbert69
08-19-2020, 12:18 PM
I've used a wireless bridge from vonets & one from IOGEAR...vonets was a bit bassackwards janky...designed in chyna...[emoji57] both usb powered from the machine. Had to setup with laptop prior to reconnecting to machine. Wired is always preferable if possible...especially in a metal structure building. [emoji57]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

wjurls
08-19-2020, 10:51 PM
Wifi range extenders work well. Many of them have multiple ethernet ports. Great for those home based printers that have machines in the garage.

copyman
08-20-2020, 05:00 AM
Thanks to all who replied. I ordered one from amazon. Will report back on how it worked. Feel really stupid not knowing about these. I knew about wifi extenders you plug into the wall outlet, etc but didn't know you could plug ethernet into it. And even if I saw the port I wouldn't think it would work for copiers.

rrrohan
08-21-2020, 06:18 AM
Most just need to be configured as a client. Then connect to wifi and shove network cable in to copier

I personally prefer ethernet over power

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Custom Search