PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine C250i does not boot...

Custom Search

Pages : [1] 2

hobbele
08-20-2020, 01:19 PM
Hello,
what can I do if a C250i no longer starts up?
I don't have an error code and the service mode cannot be opened either.

It hangs on this screen - see attached photo

Many thanks for the support

rrrohan
08-20-2020, 01:20 PM
Black dot, are you trying to do firmware in this picture

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

hobbele
08-20-2020, 01:30 PM
Yes, I tried that too, but I couldn't get into the menu

Synthohol
08-20-2020, 01:39 PM
reseat the ram and ssd card.

tsbservice
08-20-2020, 02:39 PM
You know what was done before this problem, we don't. Would you mind to share some pre-history?

emujo2
08-20-2020, 03:00 PM
Don't be too hard on him. Ive had this issue out right out of the box twice. We had to exchange them twice. (wasan't going to pay for a new main board before the 1st copy). E

tsbservice
08-20-2020, 03:12 PM
Don't be too hard on him. Ive had this issue out right out of the box twice. We had to exchange them twice. (wasan't going to pay for a new main board before the 1st copy). E

I'm not hard on him. If it was like your two machines that would be classic DOA case and must be repaired/replaced by KonMin representatives for country/region.

emujo2
08-20-2020, 03:30 PM
I agree..more info is needed..I'm just making an observation that these new small I series are causing issues like this out of the box..I've had to replace 1 main board after 2 weeks..Nothing was doen to the machine other than the user notified us they had this screen. E

Gift
08-20-2020, 03:54 PM
Probably a corrupted m2 SSD...

ANother user gave me the hint to reformat the drive with an USB adapter and I bought one but "unfortunately" I have no new cases t test it lol

emujo2
08-20-2020, 08:07 PM
Probably a corrupted m2 SSD...

ANother user gave me the hint to reformat the drive with an USB adapter and I bought one but "unfortunately" I have no new cases t test it lol
Can you give us some details on what you are speaking of here?

strider5555
08-20-2020, 08:48 PM
Hello,
what can I do if a C250i no longer starts up?
I don't have an error code and the service mode cannot be opened either.

It hangs on this screen - see attached photo

Many thanks for the support

If you haven't done so yet, you can try the newest recommended F/W G00-B5. It specifically mentions a fix for boot stuck at 25%. You could also possibly try the reset tool that was used for the 8 series. I think the file name was A789be.tar . You can remove the storage board and try to do the firmware without it installed. It will do the printer and scanner firmware but of course will fail on MFP.

So here is what i would do first.

Power off and unplug machine
Disconnect all accessories, IE finisher, fax, etc
Remove CPU board and storage board and clean connections and reseat CPU board. don't install storage board just yet.

Try newest firmware, If it boots to firmware screen and loads scanner and printer, then reinstall storage board and try firmware again, and if it gets to the firmware screen do MFP only.
If still not able to boot past 25%, then try the reset tool.

If it does get to the firmware screen and loads successfully, but still does not boot past 25% then you can call tech support and see if they will give you the code to do a partition Initialization on the storage board.

Beyond that you are looking at replacing the storage board.

Hope some of this helps

tsbservice
08-20-2020, 09:01 PM
If you haven't done so yet, you can try the newest recommended F/W G00-B5. It specifically mentions a fix for boot stuck at 25%. You could also possibly try the reset tool that was used for the 8 series. I think the file name was A789be.tar . You can remove the storage board and try to do the firmware without it installed. It will do the printer and scanner firmware but of course will fail on MFP.

Remove CPU board and storage board and clean connections and reseat CPU board. don't install storage board just yet.

Try newest firmware, If it boots to firmware screen and loads scanner and printer, then reinstall storage board and try firmware again, and if it gets to the firmware screen do MFP only.

If it does get to the firmware screen and loads successfully, but still does not boot past 25% then you can call tech support and see if they will give you the code to do a partition Initialization on the storage board.

Hope some of this helps

Throughout post without doubts.

Gift
08-21-2020, 11:15 AM
Can you give us some details on what you are speaking of here?

You might be able fix a "broken" storageboard on site using your laptop with a "m2 PCIE -> USB" adapter. Simply initialize and wipe the board using windows own disk management tool. These boards aren't really broken but the data is probably corrupted thanks to a faulty firmware or something like ths. Like I said this wasn't me figuring this out and I haven't had a chance to try this method so far.

If you purchade an adapter make shure to choose an "m2 PCIe" compatible one (m2 SATA won't work).

and
08-24-2020, 01:27 PM
I had some C300i with same problem.

If you try to upgrade firmware to B5 you have to wait about 10 minutes after the recovery screen.

PSKM_BT2012127EN

1. Details of Symptom:
The user turns on the MFP power, but it freezes at the indicator 25%.
Then, he updates the firmware on the MFP. It starts up but stays in data recovery screen.
So, he proceeds the data recovery. Then, the settings are initialized. After all, it requires to reset the settings.

hobbele
08-25-2020, 05:57 PM
You know what was done before this problem, we don't. Would you mind to share some pre-history?
No, unfortunately I don't know ... The customer said that it suddenly stopped working.
Firmware: unknown
Machine buyed in May 2019
Options: DF-632, DK-516x, UK221
Machine worked very well until then

reseat the ram and ssd card.
I tried that, but unfortunately it didn't work.

Hope some of this helps
I'll try it. I didn't know that the reset tool could also be used on this machine.
And also the tip to start the firmware without an SSD, thank you very much

I will give you feedback, but I won't be working on the machine again for a few days

Bix
08-26-2020, 04:35 PM
Hi, your problem is most likely the SSD Storage Board.
Proper formatting or replacement will allow you to restore your C250i.
With the G00-B5 they theoretically worked to solve this problem

With the G00-B5 they theoretically worked to solve this problem. I say theoretically because Konica Minolta said the same for the two previous firmwares. But this time it seems to work. I hope this is the case for the long term.

Additional note: on reset, "New electronic board detected" may appear. In this case you will have to initialize the printer from scratch so I recommend bringing any file Movie Data, PDF/A etc ...

tech51
08-26-2020, 06:37 PM
Hi, your problem is most likely the SSD Storage Board.
Proper formatting or replacement will allow you to restore your C250i.
With the G00-B5 they theoretically worked to solve this problem

With the G00-B5 they theoretically worked to solve this problem. I say theoretically because Konica Minolta said the same for the two previous firmwares. But this time it seems to work. I hope this is the case for the long term.

Additional note: on reset, "New electronic board detected" may appear. In this case you will have to initialize the printer from scratch so I recommend bringing any file Movie Data, PDF/A etc ...

I had this fault this morning and the B5 firmware cured it. The data recovery button came up and after doing that I had to reset all the settings but it didn’t need movie data.
At least I didn’t have to replace any boards, just press a load of buttons:)

Bix
08-26-2020, 09:23 PM
I had this fault this morning and the B5 firmware cured it. The data recovery button came up and after doing that I had to reset all the settings but it didn’t need movie data.
At least I didn’t have to replace any boards, just press a load of buttons:)

I preferred to format the SSD to clean it of any corrupt files, but I don't know if it'sù necessary hahaha

hobbele
09-17-2020, 08:14 AM
Hello everybody,
Unfortunately the machine is still not running.

I tried the Reset Tool first.
Then I renewed the storage board without success.
I renewed the PWB Assembly (PWB-BASE ASSY) without success.
And then also the PWB Assembly (CPUB).

I only swapped the boards one by one. So the data shouldn't have been lost.

When I start the firmware update, the MFP controller runs up to 70%, then NG comes.

I also asked the customer again whether the machine had problems before.
She told me that the machine was "offline" before the error.

The next step we are going to take is to contact Konica Minolta support.

When the machine is running again and I know what the problem was. I will be happy to report to you.

Bix
09-17-2020, 11:19 AM
Hi, have you tried the G00-B5 firmware? This solves several problems.
Disconnect ADF (including dual scan card) temporarily during update if it gives you NG again.

I ask you to restore original CPUB (so if you have put new CPUB, remove and put back its original one) and just change the SSDB to a new one. Don't change both at the same time because otherwise it's a big deal!

hobbele
09-17-2020, 12:47 PM
Hi, have you tried the G00-B5 firmware? This solves several problems.
Disconnect ADF (including dual scan card) temporarily during update if it gives you NG again.

I ask you to restore original CPUB (so if you have put new CPUB, remove and put back its original one) and just change the SSDB to a new one. Don't change both at the same time because otherwise it's a big deal!

I forgot to say that. yes sure i did that. I've even tried the B6 firmware as well. But at 70% MFP Controller it fails

i will never change both at the same time ��

Bix
09-17-2020, 01:59 PM
I think I read "you have renewed the storage board". So I guess you didn't replace but you just formatted, is that correct?

Maybe the file system is damaged so even if you try to format it doesn't actually fix the problem. Low-level formatting is required here. Honestly, I prefer to send the part as warranty and have another one sent. Time is money and I honestly don't want to waste days on a cursed SSDB.Time is money and I honestly don't want to waste days on a cursed SSDB. It does not cost much.

Try to change it and let me know.
Good job!

hobbele
09-17-2020, 02:04 PM
I ordered and installed a new storage board. But I also tried again and again with the old storage board.
With the old storage board, however, the firmware update goes directly to NG (MFP controller).
And unfortunately I haven't found a suitable adapter for the M2 yet. Maybe someone has a link?

Bix
09-17-2020, 02:10 PM
I ordered and installed a new storage board. But I also tried again and again with the old storage board.
With the old storage board, however, the firmware update goes directly to NG (MFP controller).
And unfortunately I haven't found a suitable adapter for the M2 yet. Maybe someone has a link?

Okay, but the result is not clear to me. What accesses with the new Storage Board? I have solved, for now, always with a new Storage Board. Be careful, it also takes 10-15 minutes when you install the firmware with the new Storage Board. But it shouldn't give you any errors (the only flaw is that the printer will need to be reconfigured).

Here you can buy adapter for M2: ELUTENG USB 3.0 Festplattengehause fur M2 Adapter: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehor (https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07KBT19PT/)

But I repeat to you, better change it with a new one if you don't want to waste any more time. In the future you will be able to experiment with the reset when you have more time and a happy customer that the printer is working again.

hobbele
09-17-2020, 04:59 PM
Hallo Bix,

Vielen Dank für deine zahlreichen Tipps!
Vielleicht ist mein Englisch ein bisschen unverständlich, deswegen schreib ich dir mal auf Deutsch ;-)

Also wie gesagt, habe ich mir ein neues "Storage Board" bestellt und eingebaut.
Ich habe versucht, die Maschine mit dem neuem Storage Board mit der B5 Firmware zu starten.
Leider schlägt das Firmware Update bei 70% fehl (N/G).
Der Scanner/ADF und das andere laufen komplett ohne Fehler durch.

Dann habe ich das Base Board ersetzt und erst einmal versucht nochmal mit dem alten Storage Board zu starten.
Da schlägt das Firmware Update direkt fehl. die anderen zwei laufen wieder schön durch.

Ich hab jegliche Kombination nun versucht, auch wie schon gesagt mit dem CPU Board, aber alles ohne Erfolg.
Natürlich habe ich nie mehrere Platinen gleichzeitig ersetzt.

Immer eins eingebaut und das andere wieder raus. Damit keine Daten überschrieben werden.

Liebe Grüße

Hello Bix,

Thank you for your numerous tips!
Maybe my English is a bit incomprehensible, so I'll write you in German ;-)

As I said, I ordered a new "Storage Board" and installed it.
I tried to start the machine with the new storage board with the B5 firmware.
Unfortunately the firmware update fails at 70% (N / G).
The scanner / ADF and the other run completely without errors.

Then I replaced the base board and tried to start again with the old storage board.
The firmware update fails directly. the other two go through nicely again.

I've tried every combination, as I said with the CPU board, but all without success.
Of course, I've never replaced multiple boards at the same time.

Always one built in and the other out again. So that no data is overwritten.

best regards

BR549
09-17-2020, 07:07 PM
Have you tried this? I had a C360i this morning that kept getting stuck at about 25% on the boot up progress bar while I was trying to upgrade to B5. I did this and it's doing much better so far.
Extended boot up time or possible C-2204 service codeProblem Solution
ID: KBA00052513
Related Products:bizhub C250i,bizhub C300i,bizhub C360i
Related Options:

Problem
Extended boot up time or possible C-2204 service code.

Solution
CAUSE: Poor connector connection

SOLUTION: The following connector is a new style lock connector it is located just under the expansion control board located in the back of the machine on the top right see image below Expansion Control board is #1 in image, Connector is shown in the image 2.

Image 1

https://cscsupport.mykonicaminolta.com/arsys/shared/image.jsp?server=ssdremprdaas&port=8000&form=RKM:ProblemSolutionTemplate&entryId=000000000035109&fieldId=302311216&userId=jimmy_brookins

Image 2
https://cscsupport.mykonicaminolta.com/arsys/shared/image.jsp?server=ssdremprdaas&port=8000&form=RKM:ProblemSolutionTemplate&entryId=000000000035109&fieldId=302311217&userId=jimmy_brookins

Attachments
52513 1.png (33 KB) (https://onyxweb.mykonicaminolta.com/KB/Search/Attachment?fileName=52513%201.png&articleId=KBA00052513)
52513 2.png (13 MB) (https://onyxweb.mykonicaminolta.com/KB/Search/Attachment?fileName=52513%202.png&articleId=KBA00052513)

hobbele
09-17-2020, 07:39 PM
No, I haven't tested that yet because I don't know where you got the document from! :-D
I searched KNOVA and found nothing. Can you tell me where you got that from

Many thanks

BR549
09-17-2020, 07:41 PM
No, I haven't tested that yet because I don't know where you got the document from! :-D
I searched KNOVA and found nothing. Can you tell me where you got that from

Many thanks

I got it from the Konica web site here in the US.

hobbele
09-17-2020, 07:54 PM
https://onyxweb.mykonicaminolta.com/ ?

My EU Login does not work....

BR549
09-17-2020, 08:04 PM
https://onyxweb.mykonicaminolta.com/ ?

My EU Login does not work....

I posted the whole document already. The attachments are only enlarged pics of the same pics.

hobbele
09-17-2020, 08:18 PM
I know ;-) Only for the future, in case I have another bug that I can't fix. Then I can look it up

hobbele
09-29-2020, 08:18 AM
Okay the machine is running again. I didn't know that the process for the "Reset Tool" is different here. My colleague knew and was able to fix it. The storage board was definitely defective.

Copier repairman
02-20-2021, 03:58 PM
Okay, but the result is not clear to me. What accesses with the new Storage Board? I have solved, for now, always with a new Storage Board. Be careful, it also takes 10-15 minutes when you install the firmware with the new Storage Board. But it shouldn't give you any errors (the only flaw is that the printer will need to be reconfigured).

Here you can buy adapter for M2: ELUTENG USB 3.0 Festplattengehause fur M2 Adapter: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehor (https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07KBT19PT/)

But I repeat to you, better change it with a new one if you don't want to waste any more time. In the future you will be able to experiment with the reset when you have more time and a happy customer that the printer is working again.

ELUTENG USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure for M2 Adapter Supports NGFF SATA B/B+M Key M2 SSD Enclosure, Not Supports PCIE/NVMe SSD 5Gbps Compatible with 2230 2242 2260 2280 SSD Multi-Way

tsbservice
02-20-2021, 04:16 PM
Okay the machine is running again. I didn't know that the process for the "Reset Tool" is different here. My colleague knew and was able to fix it. The storage board was definitely defective.
So what fixed it - reset tool or new storage board?

hobbele
02-20-2021, 04:22 PM
The reset Tool and a new Storage Board

tsbservice
02-20-2021, 04:31 PM

Thanks for clarification hobbele, did you followed his procedure or first replaced new Storage Board then do reset Tool to recover the machine?

Hope some of this helps

jwai
02-20-2021, 04:40 PM
My case is, CPUB defective.

jwai
02-20-2021, 05:06 PM

Ohh...I don't know there has reset tool for i series.:(

Bix
02-20-2021, 06:10 PM
Ohh...I don't know there has reset tool for i series.:(

Yes there is
Tell me the model and I will send you the recovery file

jwai
02-21-2021, 02:52 PM
Yes there is

Thank you.
The tool is universal for all i series copiers?

spock
02-21-2021, 11:25 PM
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but these MFD's can have an issue where they will sit on these screens for a LONG time. Talking up to 20 minutes then never have the fault again... Not sure if it is doing a restore in the background or whatever... I series LOL

We usually wait it on then move on to the usual culprits, storage board etc

axel
09-06-2021, 02:54 PM
can you give us the part number or some details to order this special tool?

Manikandan T
09-11-2021, 03:46 AM
Yes there is
hi bro can you please send me the recovery file for konica C250i

copier tech
09-11-2021, 09:07 AM
can you give us the part number or some details to order this special tool?

This pdf contains the part numbers of the recovery tools.

We can supply any should you need one.

copier tech
09-11-2021, 09:08 AM
Thank you.
The tool is universal for all i series copiers?

No, each model has a different tool

Gift
09-14-2021, 03:58 PM
I'm currently have a case with a machine that does a boot loop - latest recovery tool didn't do the trick and the SSD seems bad according to the diagnostic. While my tech was on site I tried to format another 256gb nvme I found here in my workshop
with an USB adapter and did a test run on a C450i - unfortunately it doesn't come up with it at all but if I check the drive on the computer I can see there's many partitions on it.

What tool are you guys using to format the drive with an USB adapter?

I was also thinking about using a 3rd party nvme since KM ask a lot of €€ for a new storage board - anyone tried that?

Albonline
09-14-2021, 04:03 PM
I'm currently have a case with a machine that does a boot loop - latest recovery tool didn't do the trick and the SSD seems bad according to the diagnostic. While my tech was on site I tried to format another 256gb nvme I found here in my workshop
with an USB adapter and did a test run on a C450i - unfortunately it doesn't come up with it at all but if I check the drive on the computer I can see there's many partitions on it.

What tool are you guys using to format the drive with an USB adapter?

I was also thinking about using a 3rd party nvme since KM ask a lot of €€ for a new storage board - anyone tried that?

testdiskwin is what I use. I haven't tried aftermarket drives, so cant give any info on that.

mojorolla
09-14-2021, 07:23 PM
I ran into the 25% boot issue (c300i) last week, tried all the suggestions in the solutions, recovery tool, the whole nine yards, all failed. Called the KM hotline and they have a "back door" to get into non-responsive machines from the firmware update screen. The only thing that recovered my machine was wiping the HDD partition and then re-installing the PDF/A font data. They also cautioned me NOT to use the latest firmware (J9) for recovery, use G4 instead

Odd parts was the recovery tool checked the HDD and it came back OK every time but would always fail update of MFP Controller with NG

Not impressed with these "i series" thus far.

:)

keranali
08-30-2022, 04:10 PM
I ran into the 25% boot issue (c300i) last week, tried all the suggestions in the solutions, recovery tool, the whole nine yards, all failed. Called the KM hotline and they have a "back door" to get into non-responsive machines from the firmware update screen. The only thing that recovered my machine was wiping the HDD partition and then re-installing the PDF/A font data. They also cautioned me NOT to use the latest firmware (J9) for recovery, use G4 instead

Odd parts was the recovery tool checked the HDD and it came back OK every time but would always fail update of MFP Controller with NG

Not impressed with these "i series" thus far.

:)
What was the back door code used to access the machine through the firmware screen I am having the same issue.

Copier repairman
08-30-2022, 05:17 PM
My heart hurts.
We have resolved 7 cases at the request of the customer.
All of them were bad storageboards.
I know there are two storageboards.
old or new
Here are some things to watch out for.
I found out that if I do the latest firmware on my old storageboard, the storageboard is dead.
Older firmware for older storageboards.
The old storageboard has been discontinued and has been replaced with a new storageboard.
Please use the latest firmware for the new storageboard.
When doing the firmware, first set the language and type and then execute the boot firmware.
After the boot firmware is finished, turn off the power, run the firmware again, and then do the printer and other device firmware.
I wish you good results.

Custom Search