PDA

View Full Version : C3350i and light blue stripes

Custom Search

fatduke
08-22-2020, 09:48 AM
Hi everyone,

just recall a 1 year life C3350i with light blue stripes when scans from ADF glass or ADF.

HD formatted, new setup from the beginning, setup correct date and time but no luck.

I hope is not CIS either MB.

Light blue stripes again only in scanning.

Maybe a firmware update (FW NEEDED) could help?

Any suggests?

TY

allan
08-22-2020, 11:57 AM
Scan sample please

tsbservice
08-22-2020, 01:19 PM
Scan sample please

Yeah...also clean the optics - CCD, mirrors, reseat board connection in scanner etc.

fatduke
08-24-2020, 05:28 PM
Scan sample please

Here you are, the copy sample with blue lines all over the paper sheet.

TY

blackcat4866
08-25-2020, 12:07 AM
Yup, those are the "Lines Of Shame". Initializing a machine can create this situation.

In most cases running through the electronic portion of the machine setup will recover. =^..^=

Phil B.
08-25-2020, 01:18 AM
Here you are, the copy sample with blue lines all over the paper sheet.

TY

you really need to UPLOAD PDF's of any examples jpg's are shit to look at

Phil B.
08-25-2020, 01:21 AM
Yup, those are the "Lines Of Shame". Initializing a machine can create this situation.

In most cases running through the electronic portion of the machine setup will recover. =^..^=

wonder who does his NEW machine setups.. this is a known problem when skipping steps in the setup process.

Good catch BC.. his samples are too small for me to view.

USERS really need to scan in PDF format and upload to CTN

Synaux
08-25-2020, 09:21 AM
Scan sample please
Always on point, Steve! :rolleyes:
Talking Animals - Allan! Allan! Allan! - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19cao5Q_mVg)

Synaux
08-25-2020, 09:35 AM
wonder who does his NEW machine setups.. this is a known problem when skipping steps in the setup process.

What do you mean by USERS?

Boltaction
08-25-2020, 03:07 PM

"just recall a 1 year life C3350i with light blue stripes when scans from ADF glass or ADF."

I take that as the machine was installed a year ago and then the problem started which would mean it has nothing to do with incorrect setup.

fatduke
08-25-2020, 03:20 PM
"just recall a 1 year life C3350i with light blue stripes when scans from ADF glass or ADF."

I take that as the machine was installed a year ago and then the problem started which would mean it has nothing to do with incorrect setup.

I had a similar trouble with another machine with same blue lines months ago.

Called my dealer, gone trough KM Tech Service and was a CIS problem, fixed by them.

This is why I don't believe in INFAMOUS STRIPES OF SHAME, setup and so on (nothing personal).

That's it

Cheers

Boltaction
08-25-2020, 03:38 PM
I had a similar trouble with another machine with same blue lines months ago.

Called my dealer, gone trough KM Tech Service and was a CIS problem, fixed by them.

This is why I don't believe in INFAMOUS STRIPES OF SHAME, setup and so on (nothing personal).

That's it

Cheers

I've never personally dealt with "lines of shame" but I've heard the stories. I have definitely had CIS boards cause this problem for sure, though.

Sometimes it seems simple enough to just blame it on tech or operator error but that doesn't bring anything useful to the table.

tsbservice
08-25-2020, 04:19 PM
Scan/Copy two sided docs from DF. If first side has lines but second NOT and as you said it has lines also when using original glass then all leeds to CIS module.
Second side of two sided originals is read from DF own CIS assy so that side being also bad is very unlikely...

Boltaction
08-25-2020, 04:22 PM
Scan/Copy two sided docs from DF. If first side has lines but second NOT and as you said it has lines also when using original glass then all leeds to CIS module.
Second side of two sided originals is read from DF own CIS assy so that side being also bad is very unlikely...

I did not realize the c3350i had a dual scan ADF that is an awesome added feature for a smaller machine

BillyCarpenter
08-25-2020, 04:24 PM
If you're not have the same problem when making a copy, I think you can eliminate anything in the optics as being the cause.

BillyCarpenter
08-25-2020, 04:33 PM

Deleted post. I misread. I thought you were talking about a kyocera 3550. My bad.

fatduke
08-25-2020, 05:40 PM
If you're not have the same problem when making a copy, I think you can eliminate anything in the optics as being the cause.

Only in scans, but I will update the post with fix 'cause I contacted the dealer.

fatduke
09-15-2020, 11:56 AM
Hi everyone,

just came back for holidays, so for this trouble the fix is the following:

13. Date & Time Setting/Time Zone Setting
(Service Mode)
(1) Display the Service Mode screen. (For details
of how to display the Service Mode screen, see
the service manual.)
(2) Display the Date & Time Setting/Time Zone
Setting screen. (To display the Date & Time
Setting/Time Zone Setting screen, press Stop
→ 3 on the control panel.)
(3) Do not input date and time but touch “Entry” of
the Date & Time Setting.
(4) Input the time zone using up/down keys or direct
keys.
(5) Touch “Entry” of the Time Zone Setting.
(6) Touch “Apply.”
(7) Touch “OK.”
(8) Touch “Next.”

From Service Manual.

Thank you for suggested fixes and so..are the infamous stripes.

TY

Cheers

Bix
09-15-2020, 01:44 PM
As expected, these are the lines of shame. To delete them it was enough just to follow the installation manual

Custom Search