PDA

View Full Version : FS-534 center stack stopper

Custom Search

mascan42
08-25-2020, 12:48 AM
Does anyone know if there's a way to remove this without taking out the entire eject unit? Shown as items 1-5 here. The plastic flapper came off & I can't get it back on with the amount of space available.

Synthohol
08-25-2020, 01:20 AM
do it from behind. remove finisher and you should have more clearance?

blackcat4866
08-25-2020, 02:20 AM
Unless you hands are A LOT smaller than mine ... then no, it's got to come out. =^..^=

Synaux
08-25-2020, 02:33 AM
Got to take the whole thing out, but after you have done it a few times, it becomes very easy half the battle in my opinion is avoiding taking unnecessary parts off :rolleyes:

blackcat4866
08-25-2020, 02:14 PM
Just a side comment: I've had a few of these eject assemblies apart ... mostly just to see how everything works ... and I end up tossing out the resulting bits. It's not so easy to get back together. Plus there have been quite a lot of updates. Were it me, I'd order the updated assembly to install, then if you really want to fiddle with it, maybe you can fix it on your own time. =^..^=

blazebusiness
08-26-2020, 10:13 PM
Just a side comment: I've had a few of these eject assemblies apart ... mostly just to see how everything works ... and I end up tossing out the resulting bits. It's not so easy to get back together. Plus there have been quite a lot of updates. Were it me, I'd order the updated assembly to install, then if you really want to fiddle with it, maybe you can fix it on your own time. =^..^=

Got a part # for that updated assembly perchance? Thanks.

blackcat4866
08-27-2020, 02:10 AM
Got a part # for that updated assembly perchance? Thanks.

Not certain if this is the most recentest but bulletin# 10455 quotes: A3EPPPDE02

mascan42
08-27-2020, 03:47 AM
I guess it's a good thing I didn't waste too much time trying to dig the eject unit out. I just got word that the account is getting all new machines this week.

Synaux
08-27-2020, 06:23 AM

Yeah they are time consuming, but surprisingly easy if you have the patience (and the time). The first one i did exploded on me trying to get the shells apart, so that was interesting an nteresting tourettes episode.

There is a bushing like screw that connects one of the gears I beleive on the left shell DO NOT TAKE THAT OUT! It is a real turd and has a tendency to fall into the void of the unit and it is lobed so it is difficult to get lined up into the housing.
The drive belts seem daunting but with a hook-tool they arent bad.

Anyways maybe that will help someone (probably not)

Custom Search