PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C554e- RESET TONER

Custom Search

Francisca
08-25-2020, 06:46 AM
Hi guys,

Is there any dip SW for resetting the toners of a C554e.

There's no error codes displaying but it keeps on saying Toner (Y) is low.
Also in the service mode>state confirmation>level history 1 TCR-Y is at approximately 3% while the others are at approx 6%.

Have done ,Stabilization, Hopper Filling, Manual Toner Add but its not increasing the level history or even clear the Low toner alert.

Apart from the above, I have also checked and cleaned;
Drive Unit
Sub Hopper Unit
Fusing Drive Unit
HVB Unit (Have confirm, no signs of shorting or arcing at all the contacts, plastic casing of the HV and developer contact assemblies to the frame and nearby components or wiring).

Toner is full and also the dev unit is new.

C308 dose have a dip SW for resting the toner so i hope C554e would have too.

Your response may help.

Appreciate you all in advance.

tsbservice
08-25-2020, 11:34 AM
I don't think 4e series have this DIP switch settings..

copier tech
08-25-2020, 12:12 PM
Hi guys,

Also in the service mode>state confirmation>level history 1 TCR-Y is at approximately 3% while the others are at approx 6%.

Have done ,Stabilization, Hopper Filling, Manual Toner Add but its not increasing the level history or even clear the Low toner alert.

Drive Unit
Sub Hopper Unit
Fusing Drive Unit
HVB Unit (Have confirm, no signs of shorting or arcing at all the contacts, plastic casing of the HV and developer contact assemblies to the frame and nearby components or wiring).

Your response may help.

The issue is not with the machine thinking the toner is low it is more like the machine is not taking toner from the hopper to fill up the developer unit.

You can check this by taking off the inner front cover & popping off the small white cap over the toner adding shaft, run Manual Toner Add & see if the screw turns?

blazebusiness
08-25-2020, 01:47 PM
The issue is not with the machine thinking the toner is low it is more like the machine is not taking toner from the hopper to fill up the developer unit.

You can check this by taking off the inner front cover & popping off the small white cap over the toner adding shaft, run Manual Toner Add & see if the screw turns?

That's the right advice from copiertech's post-----hopper not adding toner or even the developer unit are the likely cause. I have seen both. We've had a lot of hopper unit issues on the 4 series.
I see you did the manual add toner and it did not increase the tcr level. (and btw what are the tcr levels you see for each color?)So hopper is not adding toner or dv unit sensor thinks it's already at the level needed.

Also, what is the meter on that copier? Consumables---Are the drums way over life? Aftermarket toner being used?

Francisca
08-27-2020, 02:45 AM
I don't think 4e series have this DIP switch settings..

Thanks for confirming.

Francisca
08-27-2020, 02:53 AM

I did swap the Y toner adding shaft and the gears from a working machine and also i did what you've said and yes the shaft/screw does turn.
So i think its something to do with the sensors for the Y dev unit.

Thanks for your help

Thanks very much.

Francisca
08-27-2020, 03:35 AM
That's the right advice from copiertech's post-----hopper not adding toner or even the developer unit are the likely cause. I have seen both. We've had a lot of hopper unit issues on the 4 series.
I see you did the manual add toner and it did not increase the tcr level. (and btw what are the tcr levels you see for each color?)So hopper is not adding toner or dv unit sensor thinks it's already at the level needed.

Also, what is the meter on that copier? Consumables---Are the drums way over life? Aftermarket toner being used?

TCR levels for other colors CMK are approx 6% except for Y which is approx 3%. I also swap a Y dev from a working machine but the TCR-Y level does not increased.

The total meter of the copier is 1418749 and its beyond the life span and yes toner being used are aftermarket ones. Drums are ok.

Thanks, really appreciate your help.

blazebusiness
08-27-2020, 01:59 PM
TCR levels for other colors CMK are approx 6% except for Y which is approx 3%. I also swap a Y dev from a working machine but the TCR-Y level does not increased.

The total meter of the copier is 1418749 and its beyond the life span and yes toner being used are aftermarket ones. Drums are ok.

Thanks, really appreciate your help.

I would by hand add toner directly to the Y dv unit with a small funnel until the TCR is around 6% and then run all the initialization and gradiation stuff in service mode to see if it will retain those settings and maintain a proper 6% level in the dv unit.

If that doesn't work--- It's probably got to be the subhopper unit then.

Subhopper unit Part #: A161-R711-11, A161-R711-00

Synthohol
08-27-2020, 06:27 PM
I've gotten lucky quite a few times by removing the toner bottle then running halftone test patterns till the hopper is empty and the Machine calls for toner that I insert a new bottle close the door and the gas gauge goes up to full

tsbservice
08-27-2020, 06:52 PM
I've gotten lucky quite a few times by removing the toner bottle then running halftone test patterns till the hopper is empty and the Machine calls for toner that I insert a new bottle close the door and the gas gauge goes up to full

Indeed Pro move but with properly working sensors :cool:
His aren't.

Synaux
08-28-2020, 03:28 AM

The general consensus (if I can speak for the community) is to never use aftermarket toner on Konicas

I can only find switches to not show the warnings for the other consumables.

Are the other Table Number figures within spec?
Is to the PQ good on yellow?
Is the hopper full of toner?

My experience on these (which is not extensive) is that the Y TCR is always at least 1% lower than the majority of other colors. Trying to manually add in SM has not affect this state. Calibrations always got the other number in spec and prints are always fine so I just made it a habit to ignore it.

Also, I have yet to confirm this with the Cx54 series, but on the older models if you replace the toner before the purdy little illustration pops up to shake the toner (when it stops printing and actually prompts for a new toner), it will not reset the cartridge low error regardless if it the cart is full or empty.

You can probably use Synthohol's trick (good one there :rolleyes:). To add to this you might be able to do it with the toner out and/or just use the head (where the chip is).

blazebusiness
08-28-2020, 11:05 AM
The general consensus (if I can speak for the community) is to never use aftermarket toner on Konicas

I can only find switches to not show the warnings for the other consumables.

My experience on these (which is not extensive) is that the Y TCR is always at least 1% lower than the majority of other colors. Trying to manually add in SM has not affect this state. Calibrations always got the other number in spec and prints are always fine so I just made it a habit to ignore it.

Also, I have yet to confirm this with the Cx54 series, but on the older models if you replace the toner before the purdy little illustration pops up to shake the toner (when it stops printing and actually prompts for a new toner), it will not reset the cartridge low error regardless if it the cart is full or empty.

You can probably use Synthohol's trick (good one there :rolleyes:). To add to this you might be able to do it with the toner out and/or just use the head (where the chip is).

It does seem that the 4 series Y tcr level tends to be a lower than the other colors. Perhaps that is due to the chemical properties of that color. As long as it is not giving a very frequent message indicating "replenishing yellow toner", I would not worry about a slightly lower tcr value.

The 4 series not resetting the toner gauge if customer replaced the cartridge early was addressed with firmware. With an update to current firmware that should no longer be an issue.

Synaux
08-30-2020, 03:06 AM
It does seem that the 4 series Y tcr level tends to be a lower than the other colors. Perhaps that is due to the chemical properties of that color. As long as it is not giving a very frequent message indicating "replenishing yellow toner", I would not worry about a slightly lower tcr value.

The 4 series not resetting the toner gauge if customer replaced the cartridge early was addressed with firmware. With an update to current firmware that should no longer be an issue.

Thanks, I have been wondering about that for some time now.

One other thought I had for the OP is to swap the chip from a different color cartridge. It will most likely result in necessitating a trouble reset and will generate a EEPROM code, but I wonder if that would force an update. Perhaps a crazy solution, but these are the things I ponder while driving home from work. :p

REGSIS
09-12-2020, 08:00 AM
Hi guys,

Drive Unit
Sub Hopper Unit
Fusing Drive Unit

Your response may help.

How much toner is on magnet roller? If it is mainly black there's no toner coming from the hopper.

If this is high meter machine (above 0.5 mil) replace white bushings on front side of hopper with modified ones.
If bushing has toner inside it it is worn and shaft is not turned properly and not adding toner to developing unit.

Check TCR settings (0 is default)
On 0 all colours should read 6.5% after manual TCR tonner add.
Y is not exception.

P.S. If you find Y hopper empty and you run hopper toner filling and fills it fully in that case you are dealing with faulty hopper empty sensor. If hopper is not filled and stays empty then bottle is not turned properly.

P.P.S. Maybe your AM toner is bad and TCR sensor couldn't determine correct value.

fatduke
09-15-2020, 02:43 PM
Hi

I had similar trouble also with TCR issues, I changed DEV unit too.

Hope it could be useful.

Cheers

allan
09-15-2020, 05:06 PM
If you swop dev tanks from one machine to the next you need to use a reset chip to get dev init to run...

tsbservice
09-15-2020, 06:32 PM
If you swop dev tanks from one machine to the next you need to use a reset chip to get dev init to run...

Absolutely, unlike some other brands when you execute sims/codes.

Custom Search