PDA

View Full Version : 8050 J72-17

Custom Search

Metalvoc
11-05-2008, 03:18 PM
I have a Konica 8050 with a J72-17 jam code. The paper is entering the finisher and stopping at the first set of rollers. I have replaced the finisher entry sensor and the drive motor. Neither of these made a difference. Any ideas? Thanks

ebm
11-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Does the roller turn? Have u test sensors and motors signals in 47-mode? Have had wiring harness go bad before and cause jam codes.

Metalvoc
11-05-2008, 11:40 PM
The roller does not turn, and I have not tested the sensors or the motor. I was trained on this machine, but I haven't looked at one in a couple years. I don't even remember how to get into the service modes. I'll try to dig up my service disk and give it another look.

JustManuals
11-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Speaking of training and service CD's......
This kind of reminds me of back in the day when I was out in the field and working for HP. HP had sent me to school to take training on some specific printer which currently slips my mind, anyhow, I had not seen a single type of this machine in the field in 6 months, so while on a service call, I bring out the manual, and the woman there says to me: OY! He has to look at the manual! So I told her that HP has previously sent me to school on this printer but that I hadn't seen one in a while. I continued to tell her that sure, I can put the manual away and make a blind stab at what her problem was, or I can use the diagnostics in the book and get it exactly right. That shut her up. Turned out it was something very minor and not needing parts, I fixed the printer, ran off 100 test prints, passed up on the $10 tip and left. Another satisfied customer!

Now I bet you thought I was gonna make a pitch for my site ::gotcha:: ;)

Paul

ebm
11-06-2008, 01:27 AM
TIP? WHAT TIP?, never heard such a thing! Mostly say I should thank them for having a job! Ungrateful bas***ds!

kanini
11-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Got a similar prob with the finisher, turned out to be one of the tiny black starwheels right where the paper enters the finisher that had come loose and got stuck, causing the paper to jam more or less intermittent. Took me some time to get my eyes on it. Removed the one of the approx. 8-10 starwheels and it worked great after this. Maybe worth a check...?

Custom Search