PDA

View Full Version : C454e Will not turn on

Custom Search

Valintine
08-26-2020, 04:54 PM
Hello
I just received a Konica Minolta Bizhub c454e in for a customer of ours and it tested fine. I came in this morning and turned it on to get the meter before delivering the machine and it would not turn on. When I turn on the power switch I see the start button light up yellow hear a relay click and a motor start to turn and then it stops. After about a minute this repeats until I turn it off. I tried disconnecting the finisher and adf with no change and when I left the door open with the exception of the motor not starting no change. I tried doing a firmware update and when I turn it on the start button turns yellow no relay and it takes a minute or two before it tries to restart. I usually work on Toshiba machines and this one is stumping. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Cantechman
08-26-2020, 05:25 PM
Hello
I just received a Konica Minolta Bizhub c454e in for a customer of ours and it tested fine. I came in this morning and turned it on to get the meter before delivering the machine and it would not turn on. When I turn on the power switch I see the start button light up yellow hear a relay click and a motor start to turn and then it stops. After about a minute this repeats until I turn it off. I tried disconnecting the finisher and adf with no change and when I left the door open with the exception of the motor not starting no change. I tried doing a firmware update and when I turn it on the start button turns yellow no relay and it takes a minute or two before it tries to restart. I usually work on Toshiba machines and this one is stumping. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Probably MFP board. I had a similar issue on a c658 and the board was the problem.

blazebusiness
08-26-2020, 06:59 PM
Hello

Thank you in advance

Bad Power Supply or MFP board (or memory or the control panel itself, or nvram or ssd etc.....etc......)

With the symptom you described I would start with the power supply. Measure all those 24v and 5v voltages to see if you are missing any and check fuses.
Another easy thing to try is removing and then reseating the memory.

If power supply checks out as good and reseating memory doesn't help then replace mfp board.

Bix
08-26-2020, 09:22 PM
If it has dual scan, make sure the card on MPFB is well mounted. It may have come off

tulintron
08-27-2020, 05:17 PM
I went through this once on a C364. When power on, it showed the panel leds lighting up and even the screen lights up, it restarted. I installed an SSD from another C364 printer and it worked fine. With the bad SSD the printer did not accept or update.

tsbservice
08-27-2020, 07:29 PM
If it's rebooting replace SSDB.

Custom Search