PDA

View Full Version : Web Interface

Custom Search

ErthBoi
08-27-2020, 11:26 PM
Hi KM experts,

Hope you all are keeping safe during this pandemic. I have a situation which I would appreciate some help on.
There's a C284e that cannot be reached into or connected, through the web interface.

The machine is pinging and printing normal but, the only problem is with the web interface connection.
Just need some expert advice on that front.

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

qbert69
08-27-2020, 11:33 PM
Hi KM experts,

Hope you all are keeping safe during this pandemic. I have a situation which I would appreciate some help on.
There's a C284e that cannot be reached into or connected, through the web interface.

The machine is pinging and printing normal but, the only problem is with the web interface connection.

RegardsConnecting with http or https??? Are you able to print to it?[emoji848] the web browser may be trying to force https...try Internet Explorer with just http.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Flash
08-27-2020, 11:38 PM
Try changing SW Dip Switch 25 to 00. Make a note of what it was set at before you change it so you can change it back if that does not work.

bsm2
08-27-2020, 11:47 PM
You could also check if web interface is off in network setting.
Tap [Utility] - [Administrator Settings] - [Network Settings] - [Web Browser Setting] - [Web Browser Usage Settings].
Select [ON], then tap [OK

ErthBoi
08-27-2020, 11:52 PM
Try changing SW Dip Switch 25 to 00. Make a note of what it was set at before you change it so you can change it back if that does not work.

Thank you. Will do and get back to you...

bsm2
08-28-2020, 12:11 AM
How would you explain a SW setting change?

drowranger
08-28-2020, 12:22 AM
Please check if the ip filtering settings is off as well. [Administrator Settings] - [Network Settings] - [TCP/IP Settings] - [IPv4 Filtering (Permit Access)] / [IPv4 Filtering (Deny Access)]

rrrohan
08-28-2020, 01:06 AM
Pagescope can also be disabled at copier

Setting function version back might help but in my experience it norm wouldn't stop U accessing web interface but will stop U logging in

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

copyman
08-28-2020, 04:55 AM
Try Firefox

copier tech
08-28-2020, 09:19 AM
Hi KM experts,

Regards

Try using a different browser, Chrome seems to be the most reliable.

Microsoft recently released a new version of 'Edge' this was automatically installed with Windows updates & some customers will set this to their default browser when prompted.

If this works you should update the firmware then you'll be able to use pretty much all browsers.

blazebusiness
08-28-2020, 11:17 AM
Hi KM experts,

Regards

Trying a different browser has almost always helped us when this web connection issue happens. Have seen this a lot on both the 4 and 8 series and the other day this happened to a customer exactly as you described the issue (could print just fine but could not access the web interface) on a older C203. Using Firefox resolved it.

Also, Some functionality may be unavailable while the Enhanced Security mode is activated. So check and see if Enhanced Security / Bizhub secure is enabled.

Most of the time Chrome will work absolutely fine but apparently Konica has specifically designed their Web Connection interface to be focused on compatibility with the microsoft and mozilla firefox browsers. See below:

Web Connection is a built in utility software product for management use.
By using a Web browser on your computer, you can simply confirm the status of this machine and configure various machine settings.
Although character input such as address entry and network setting is a difficult process using the touch panel, it can be carried out easily if you use the computer.

Operating environment

In Windows XP/Vista/7/Server 2003/Server 2008/Server 2008 R2

Microsoft Internet Explorer 6/7/8 /9

Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or later

On Mac OS 9.x/Mac OS X

On Linux

JavaScript and Cookies must be enabled by your Web browser.

emujo2
08-28-2020, 03:05 PM
I have an old C364 that I can reach with 3 different browsers, Firefox, Chrome and Edge. All browsers are fully updated so it's not that the laptop can't connect..

So you have a few items that may be causing this depending on if it ever worked before and stopped or never worked

If it worked before did you configure and enable any SSL certs? A SSL cert lower than 2048 may be considered a risk by any browser. Have you verified through the control panel that HTTP server is ON. Did you disable SSL? The page settings are cached so you will always see HTTPS:// when you attempt to connect. have you checked in Admin through the control panel that IP filtering is not ON? Have you tried to connect directly with your laptop to rule out any appliance between the device and your network? There is a kind of NIC reboot you can do by turning OFF TCP/IP in admin, restarting, TCP/IP back ON and another restart. A slimmer chance is the network card connecting speed..If the card is left in Auto it may have a difficult time negotiating a 1GB network. You would want to designate 100M full Duplex (I would think this would affect all communications, not just ports 80/8080/443. E

Bricorley
09-16-2020, 07:40 PM
A failed HDD can cause this issues. Logical format it or replace it.

Custom Search