PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C6500 Remote Panel

Custom Search

orestesp
08-29-2020, 04:03 PM
Hi everyone,

I am trying to setup the remote panel on the C6500. I followed the instructions on the user manual, but to no avail. I haven't been able to connect to the web interface of the machine. The ethernet cable connected to the engine goes to an 8 port switch (which is brand new) and then to the router.

What I have tried so far:

• I configured the IP address, the Subnet mask and gateway to the same settings (apart from the IP address, obviously) to the same settings I have on my other machines which I can all access their web interfaces.
• I have tried using two different known good ethernet cables
• I tried plugging the cable to different ports of the switch
• I have tried two different computers (both Win 10)
• I have tried accessing it from two different browsers (Chrome, Firefox)

Enhanced security is not enabled (no icon appears on the home screen of the copier).

What am I missing?

TIA

tsbservice
08-29-2020, 04:22 PM
Hi orestes,

Firstly, can you ping it?

orestesp
08-29-2020, 04:31 PM
Hi orestes,

Firstly, can you ping it?

No it fails with "Destination host unreachable" if I recall correctly.

tsbservice
08-29-2020, 04:40 PM
Then I would try to connect it exactly in place of working machine using working machine IP settings and cablings.

Phil B.
08-29-2020, 05:37 PM
are they on the same router?

a different router will have a different IP range

orestesp
08-29-2020, 05:44 PM
Both are on the same router/network.

I will try disconnecting everything from power and reconnecting them, as well as a 3rd cable, just in case and let you know.

Phil B.
08-29-2020, 06:04 PM
Both are on the same router/network.

I will try disconnecting everything from power and reconnecting them, as well as a 3rd cable, just in case and let you know.

ok next step then... get your laptop config'd for the copier IP addy.. you MAY need a crossover cable ( not sure about that unit ) or just plain cat5 cable .. see if you can see the copier web page... that'll eliminate the possibility of NIC card probs on the copier.. from there ( if it works also try printing from lapper) IF it works I would hand over the problem to THEIR IT group .. unless your contract states that YOU handle the IT problems.

Make sure if you get it working from your lapper to have their IT guy standing there so he cannot dispute your findings .. When i print from my lapper I print out the WINDOWS test page showing your laptop name.. IP addy that was used... and print internal network config pages too.

That way there is NO QUESTION that the copier isn't the problem but THEIR network is.

Did you setup the copier in your shop and print/scan to it then? if so do you still have the config pages from that? ( something as Service manager I DEMANDED from my setup crew )

tsbservice
08-29-2020, 06:06 PM
Have you tried to review this thread?
C6500 install. Fiery and driver cannot locate Printers IP address. (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/128310-c6500-install-fiery-driver-cannot-locate-printers-ip-address.html)

tsbservice
08-29-2020, 06:14 PM
ok next step then... get your laptop config'd for the copier IP addy.. you MAY need a crossover cable ( not sure about that unit ) or just plain cat5 cable .. see if you can see the copier web page... that'll eliminate the possibility of NIC card probs on the copier.. from there ( if it works also try printing from lapper) IF it works I would hand over the problem to THEIR IT group .. unless your contract states that YOU handle the IT problems.

Make sure if you get it working from your lapper to have their IT guy standing there so he cannot dispute your findings .. When i print from my lapper I print out the WINDOWS test page showing your laptop name.. IP addy that was used... and print internal network config pages too.

That way there is NO QUESTION that the copier isn't the problem but THEIR network is.

Did you setup the copier in your shop and print/scan to it then? if so do you still have the config pages from that? ( something as Service manager I DEMANDED from my setup crew )

Phil I believe orestesp is print shop owner with some knowledge who appreciated techs experience.
This should be machine for his own shop.

orestesp
08-29-2020, 06:20 PM
Yes indeed this is my own shop. I happen to have a crossover ethernet cable, when I go back to my shop on Monday I'll go over the simple things once more and give a read to the thread that you've linked to see for any potential solutions.

It's probably something I have overlooked, I couldn't do much experimentation with the networking equipment as other machines were in use at the time and I couldn't take them offline.

I'll let you know what happens.

Thank you to you both.

Toxic
08-30-2020, 01:32 AM
Lan cable plugged in the machine body or into controller?

orestesp
08-30-2020, 07:28 AM
Lan cable plugged in the machine body or into controller?To the body, apart from the controller.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

Toxic
08-30-2020, 11:44 AM
Did you try read topic @tsbservice posted before?
I never used lan port on main body,only on fiery.
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/128310-c6500-install-fiery-driver-cannot-locate-printers-ip-address.html#post599125

raplma
09-01-2020, 01:38 PM
Hi Orestes
Glad things are doing ok at your shop.
Late to the party as always and may now not be relevant.
We regularly use the web interface direct to the print engine on our c5501 and so confirm it works.
We use Firefox and simply type the IP address for the print engine into the address bar no / or \ etc. just xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Two things to check:

Use an IP scanner - I used one called "advanced IP scanner" - this will list all visible connected equipment on your network and if you widen the IP search range it will double check that the machine isn't sitting there on a different IP range despite you telling it what it should be. So I would enter the search as 192.168.0-10.0-255, of course your ranges may be quite different. If you use this search app, Fiery's tend to be listed in the manufacture column as Tyan Computer Corp, whereas the print engines are listed as Konica Minolta Holdings, so despite that name which may be c6500 for both in your case you can still tell if you're looking at a Fiery or Print engine.

For comparison below are our NIC settings, in case a comparison with a setup that works helps.
FYI we have a simple network set-up, a single commercial grade router, which then has a further four basic 16 port switches attached installed in each office area, the router is set to allocate the IP addresses.

Cheers
Mark

orestesp
09-03-2020, 07:21 AM
Hello everyone,

Unplugging everything on my network and plugging it back in again fixed the issue.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply.

Custom Search