PDA

View Full Version : KM C6500 Black Problems

Custom Search

ITHPP
08-30-2020, 06:45 PM
Hello folks,
I am a newbie end user. Not a tech by any means but I find this forum as incredibly valuable. I print a small monthly community newsletter on a KM Bizhub Pro C6500 with about 7 mil clicks. It is an oldie but has has been a real work horse, an amazing tool. And that all with many problems. I am untrained yet still either brave enough.... or crazy enough.... to try to do all my own tech work.

So my machine is giving me problems I can't seem to fix. The black will not do shades or gradation. Black is grainy, pixelated, dark, and blurry. I did a full PM on it...changed the transfer belt, rollers, black drum, coronas, black developer, TCR sensor, and even swapped out the Black Laser Write unit with one from a machine that I keep for parts (black laser was working on that machine). I have done/tried so many things. I cleaned the laser glass, cleaned the PGC sensor, done auto gamma adjustments, vaccumed out the machine and every sensor (with a toner vac...). Still my blacks are not right. I occasionally get a c-2804 code so I go into the I/O to 54-09 and make sure the black parameter is around 135. I have been running this machine for over a year now and black was working just fine till about a month ago.

Again...I am not a trained tech. So it could be a thousand other things that I have never even heard of....
I am attaching a few pictures so you can see how it is printing and if you might have any ideas to why the blacks are so far off.

Custom Search