PDA

View Full Version : "Start button" not working C364e

Custom Search

Genotrom
08-31-2020, 02:36 PM
hi, i have a bizhub c364e with the blue button defective. You have to press it several times to start the command. I think the key has oxidized inside. I ordered a new panel because there is no single piece. I have even started the remote panel on a tablet to allow the customer to use the printer and work but I ask you if anyone knows any trick to solve. I don't know how long it will take before a new operator panel

tsbservice
08-31-2020, 02:50 PM
There is microswitch under green Start button. If you have some skills with soldering-iron you can replace it with new microswitch. On other brand old analog machines I even used to rob another unused from customers button(switch) and place it in place of faulty one.

Bix
08-31-2020, 03:11 PM
There is microswitch under green Start button. If you have some skills with soldering-iron you can replace it with new microswitch. On other brand old analog machines I even used to rob another unused from customers button(switch) and place it in place of faulty one.

@tsbservice: Great technique my friend!
@Genotrom: I have seen, I confirm that you have to buy the entire operator panel. Or try the technique they suggested to you!

Phil B.
08-31-2020, 03:38 PM
not sure about BH's but I had a customer SMASHING the start button on Xerox WC 7525 (?)
.... they broke the plastic that held it in place... 6 start buttons in one year...

I charged the 35$ for each start button and 95$ in labor....

they finally learn to GENTLY press the button... had to replace the 'membrane' a few times also $100 for a new membrane

allan
08-31-2020, 04:15 PM
That is what the "Proof" button is for...
:cool:

The start button is different from the rest but as i recall you can still make one of the other buttons work.

Synthohol
08-31-2020, 04:16 PM
Temporarily you can enable remote panel on a laptop next to the copier in the meantime while you wait on parts.
Then they can click start ;)

allan
08-31-2020, 04:17 PM
New panels should be SMD components. Little bit more tricky to replace.

BillyCarpenter
08-31-2020, 04:21 PM

Yes, sir. I've done that in the past. Find some switch that's never used and swap for defective.

BillyCarpenter
08-31-2020, 04:31 PM
not sure about BH's but I had a customer SMASHING the start button on Xerox WC 7525 (?)
.... they broke the plastic that held it in place... 6 start buttons in one year...

I charged the 35$ for each start button and 95$ in labor....

they finally learn to GENTLY press the button... had to replace the 'membrane' a few times also $100 for a new membrane

There's a lesson to be learned here. In the past, I have no-charged a few customers for something stupid they were doing and attempted to educate them on proper use. In the end I found out that they didn't really listen and since it didn't cost them anything, they really didn't have "proper" motivation to change their bad habits. When you charge they suddenly find that proper motivation.

Phil B.
08-31-2020, 04:35 PM
There's a lesson to be learned here. In the past, I have no-charged a few customers for something stupid they were doing and attempted to educate them on proper use. In the end I found out that they didn't really listen and since it didn't cost them anything, they really didn't have "proper" motivation to change their bad habits. When you charge they suddenly find that proper motivation.

I haven't seen ANY contract that allowed for " abuse " of the copier.. it's always been a charge call... freebies only hurt you the owner/tech.

BillyCarpenter
08-31-2020, 04:36 PM
I haven't seen ANY contract that allowed for " abuse " of the copier.. it's always been a charge call... freebies only hurt you the owner/tech.

Exactly!! I was trying to be nice. :D

allan
08-31-2020, 05:11 PM
Does not mean there was no charge for a 30min solder job.

tulintron
09-01-2020, 06:41 PM
There is microswitch under green Start button. If you have some skills with soldering-iron you can replace it with new microswitch. On other brand old analog machines I even used to rob another unused from customers button(switch) and place it in place of faulty one.Perfect !! I do this whenever I have problems!

Synaux
09-02-2020, 05:16 AM
hi, i have a bizhub c364e with the blue button defective. You have to press it several times to start the command. I think the key has oxidized inside. I ordered a new panel because there is no single piece. I have even started the remote panel on a tablet to allow the customer to use the printer and work but I ask you if anyone knows any trick to solve. I don't know how long it will take before a new operator panel

Computer/automotive trick:

With the thing unpowered. Dowse it with 91%(+) alcohol and mash that button for a few minutes. Let it completely dry before supplying power. The fact that it works sporadically is probably due to bad internal contacts in the switch itself, you might get lucky with this method. You can also use electrical cleaner aerosols, but I have seen those discolor plastics.

This of course cannot be used in all settings as it will take hours before you are sure it is completely dry.

Custom Search