PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C224e and C258 with crooked scans and copies

Custom Search

druckerteam
09-01-2020, 09:51 AM
Dear Technicians.

We have 2-3 bizhubs C224e and C258 an which the scans are crooked. And also die copies.
The prints are perfect and also the scans and copies from the dual scanner in the adf if we are scanning with the dual scanner.

I thnik the problem must be the main scanner unit.
Is it possible so calibrate the scanner to have straight scans, which are not crooked??

I hope somebody can help me.

Regards, Paul

rrrohan
09-01-2020, 09:54 AM
u need to confirm if doc feeder is skew or if it also does it off the main glass.

if its skews from glass u need to fix that prior to worrying about the DF

druckerteam
09-01-2020, 10:18 AM
Thanks.
The problem is also on the flatbed glas. Is it possible to calibrate the scanner in the service mode or how can I fix the skew scanner?
The problem ist not the doc feeder, I think the problem ist the scanner.

rrrohan
09-01-2020, 10:25 AM
if u remove the right cover then remove the glass

then remove left cover and the front cover surrounding the scanner bed and remove a transparent film covering a screw hole u can manually pull the scanner so u can poke screw driver through hole to loosen the screw that hold the plate that clamps the scanner to the drive wire.

u will need trial and error micro adjustments of like 1mm until it looks good.

it can be time consuming and no doubt u will make it worse before it improves lol

blazebusiness
09-01-2020, 01:20 PM
Dear Technicians.

We have 2-3 bizhubs C224e and C258 an which the scans are crooked. And also die copies.
The prints are perfect and also the scans and copies from the dual scanner in the adf if we are scanning with the dual scanner.

I thnik the problem must be the main scanner unit.
Is it possible so calibrate the scanner to have straight scans, which are not crooked??

I hope somebody can help me.

Regards, Paul

If you have 2-3 copiers doing the same thing it is more likely you need to adjust the document feeder skew , not the scanner. I can't imagine 2 -3 copiers with the same scanner assembly issue (unless you have a tech that has been messing with the screws on the scanner when cleaning optics).

Very common on this model to have the adf skew adjust be off. There is a screw in the back right corner near the hinge for adjusting the way the adf is sitting on the copier. So, loosen the mount plate screw on the right hinge and then go to the rear of the adf and find the adjustment screw. Adjust that until the feeder is sitting straight on the copier , then retighten the hinge mount screw to lock in the adjustment.

And...it can be a little tricky. There is a lot of play in these feeders. When you lift the feeder to lock in the skew adjustment by tightening the mount screw,you must hold it steady or the adf can move and throw off the adjustment you just made.

progoffice
09-01-2020, 01:40 PM
If you have 2-3 copiers doing the same thing it is more likely you need to adjust the document feeder skew , not the scanner. I can't imagine 2 -3 copiers with the same scanner assembly issue (unless you have a tech that has been messing with the screws on the scanner when cleaning optics).

Very common on this model to have the adf skew adjust be off. There is a screw in the back right corner near the hinge for adjusting the way the adf is sitting on the copier. So, loosen the mount plate screw on the right hinge and then go to the rear of the adf and find the adjustment screw. Adjust that until the feeder is sitting straight on the copier , then retighten the hinge mount screw to lock in the adjustment.

I agree. I see this all the time. When these copiers get moved it easy to use the doc feed as a handle to push/pull on. The screws loosen when the machines get bounced around too and make it even easier for skew to happen. You can't necessarily go off the center mark of the adjustment guide of the lower right df hinge either. You have to keep adjusting one way or the other until the doc feed and the machine are pretty much parallel with each other. I usually do this until there is no shadow on the bottom right or left corner of the scanned document. No shadow, no skew. Make sure you also have a nice original to work with like a counter page. The sample the customer gives you isn't always the best original.

druckerteam
09-01-2020, 04:08 PM

And...it can be a little tricky. There is a lot of play in these feeders. When you lift the feeder to lock in the skew adjustment by tightening the mount screw,you must hold it steady or the adf can move and throw off the adjustment you just made.

We collect this machines from some years ago till now and have for now no solution. We didn't have the problem in between some weeks. Therefore we have 2-3 copiers.
So I will try to calibrate the scanner unit. Because on this machines the copy looks the same if I copy it from the glass or I copy it with ADF.

Thanks for the help!

Bix
09-01-2020, 04:21 PM
Hi, in series 8 some problems I have solved them through the automatic calibration of the ADF. However, you must have the calibration sheet which is usually found inside the box during the first installation. Without this, it takes forever to find the most suitable values and is easier to fix with the screwdriver.

blazebusiness
09-01-2020, 04:47 PM
We collect this machines from some years ago till now and have for now no solution. We didn't have the problem in between some weeks. Therefore we have 2-3 copiers.
So I will try to calibrate the scanner unit. Because on this machines the copy looks the same if I copy it from the glass or I copy it with ADF.

Thanks for the help!

No problem. Glad to help. Usually skew is related to the adf and very easy to remedy. But, that being said---We also have had more difficult issues with machines that skew from both the glass and the feeder (but happily not too often). And adjusting the scanner was the fix for us on a couple of those machines. Tedious work as you must adjust in small increments then reassemble and test and then disassemble and adjust again quite a few times to get the scanner position just right. Good luck and don't forget to post what fixed it.

greglogston
09-01-2020, 05:48 PM
I'd check for scanner sag. I had one where I had to adjust the height of the scanner and add bigger screws.

mga
09-01-2020, 06:41 PM

Agreed also you don't want to start messing about with optics if you don't need to

tsbservice
09-01-2020, 06:56 PM

blazebusiness, Absolutely! No way 2,3 machines with good ADF and bad scanner.
I have yet to see ONE machine with good(straight) DF copies and bad(distorted) glass copy.
But I may be just lucky :o

blazebusiness
09-02-2020, 12:57 AM
blazebusiness, Absolutely! No way 2,3 machines with good ADF and bad scanner.
I have yet to see ONE machine with good(straight) DF copies and bad(distorted) glass copy.
But I may be just lucky :o

Nothing wrong with being lucky....lol. Here’s hoping your luck continues......May the L in your luck never be replaced with an F.

Synaux
09-02-2020, 04:29 AM
if u remove the right cover then remove the glass

then remove left cover and the front cover surrounding the scanner bed and remove a transparent film covering a screw hole u can manually pull the scanner so u can poke screw driver through hole to loosen the screw that hold the plate that clamps the scanner to the drive wire.

u will need trial and error micro adjustments of like 1mm until it looks good.

it can be time consuming and no doubt u will make it worse before it improves lol

Interesting, I am fairly confident this is not in the service manual though. I attempted to do this today, but could not find the screw you are referring to. It is probably in plain sight, but I do not see it. I know it would be some extra effort, but I would greatly appreciate a picture if possible.

rrrohan
09-02-2020, 06:30 AM
If U take off left and right white covers U can then remove front white cover. The hole is around where that front screw ishttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200902/8c31d622743aea37696a4fcaaf4a80e0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

femaster
09-03-2020, 03:56 AM
You might also try lifting up the front left corner of the scanner (not the ADF, but the entire scanner unit). If some elephant were to lean on the ADF on the left side, it could cause the whole scanner to sag a bit on that left front corner. Just lift up on it a bit and see if you copies off the glass come out straight.

EarthKmTech
09-08-2020, 11:38 AM
when the front left corner of the flatbed is visibly bent down, often you will also see shadowing on the edge of full A3 copies off the glass. In a pinch sometimes this can be remidied by pulling up the front left of the flat bed (risk of back injury) but ultimately the machine is trash in my opinion once this has occured, unless you want to goto hell and back swapping in a non twisted scanner. I'm thinking cost reduction happened on the 4 series onwards with thinner steel used as never really had these issues on the older models.
'

rrrohan
09-08-2020, 11:42 AM
Love the precision adjustment of yanking up front left corner. The amount of times this has worked always surprises me.

Hansoon
09-09-2020, 11:20 AM
I'm thinking cost reduction happened on the 4 series onwards with thinner steel used as never really had these issues on the older models.

So you where lucky NOT to have the BH-250/350 series and BH-C-253/353 series....... ;)

They where notorious for their delicacy in that respect.

Hans

EarthKmTech
09-12-2020, 01:10 AM
So you where lucky NOT to have the BH-250/350 series and BH-C-253/353 series....... ;)

They where notorious for their delicacy in that respect.

Hans

We did have those and i even owned a c-253 for home use, over here i never really had issues with the scanners. BH-350 series i changed a number of toner bottle drives and refoamed sticking clutches on them, millions of fusers and other usual nonsense. c253 series was annoying for transfer belt pressure retraction issues and the death sentance of clogged toner pipes. Mine still works but cant even give it away for free.

Phil B.
09-12-2020, 01:17 AM
Love the precision adjustment of yanking up front left corner. The amount of times this has worked always surprises me.

that's where the time spent = years of knowledge

Custom Search