PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C MF335 Touch Panel stopped working

Custom Search

eli
09-02-2020, 10:42 PM
Hello All,

The touch screen panel stopped responding to touches. What are some of the possible fixes, besides replacing the screen? It works somewhat at the bottom in certain areas but 95% of it doesn't work.

Thanks

edit: Correct model is bizhub C3350

Synthohol
09-02-2020, 10:48 PM
what model? mf335 is not a US model#
typo?

blazebusiness
09-02-2020, 10:48 PM
Hello All,

The touch screen panel stopped responding to touches. What are some of the possible fixes, besides replacing the screen? It works somewhat at the bottom in certain areas but 95% of it doesn't work.

Thanks

Would love to help but................Never heard of that model. Not coming up in Google search either. Please verify the model.

eli
09-02-2020, 10:53 PM
Here you go, says Model Name: C MF335-1

eli
09-02-2020, 10:55 PM
I think it is konica minolta C3550

Phil B.
09-02-2020, 10:56 PM
Hello All,

Thanks

1) what happened before the screen went dark?

2) does that have a brightness dial?

3) has it been moved to/from it's present location? ( many times they grab that portion of the top and use it as a handle to pull/push the unit into place )

4) can you see any message / function screen at all? any codes?

5) Is the machine on a cheep surge protector?

6) is the machine receiving proper operating power from the wall?

7) Any RED lights showing?

8) can you print to it? ** If using that function**

9) can you hear motors/scanner move when powered on?

10) Scanner lamp moving and lit?

Soooo many questions .. so little info given.

blazebusiness
09-02-2020, 10:58 PM
Here you go, says Model Name: C MF335-1

That's not the model.....that is apparantly associated with type of direct print network printing software:

Never heard of it but I Found this on google-------

Direct Print C MF385-1_C MF335-1_BW MF475-1_BW MF405-1 is developed by KONICA MINOLTA BUSINESS TECHNOLOGIES, INC..

eli
09-02-2020, 11:01 PM
1) what happened before the screen went dark?
My apologies, i didnt explain myself. The screen works perfectly. The touch screen is not responding to any touches, so cant do any scanning, etc.

2) does that have a brightness dial?
See above, screen itself works perfectly.

3) has it been moved to/from it's present location? ( many times they grab that portion of the top and use it as a handle to pull/push the unit into place )
It has been moved but since hte time it was working perfectly until now, it hasn't been moved.

4) can you see any message / function screen at all? any codes?
no codes, no errors

5) Is the machine on a cheep surge protector?
Not sure, will check.

6) is the machine proper operating power from the wall?
Yes

7) Any RED lights showing?
Nope

8) can you print to it? ** If using that function**
Everything works, just cant touch anything on the screen.

9) can you hear motors/scanner move when powered on?
works perfect, makes copies, etc

10) Scanner lamp moving and lit?
Yes

eli
09-02-2020, 11:03 PM
That's not the model.....that is apparantly associated with direct print printing software:

Found this on google-------

Direct Print C MF385-1_C MF335-1_BW MF475-1_BW MF405-1 is developed by KONICA MINOLTA BUSINESS TECHNOLOGIES, INC..

It is bizhub C3350, just confirmed it.

blazebusiness
09-02-2020, 11:07 PM
It is bizhub C3350, just confirmed it.

Unfortunately that model has had a history of screen failures. You may have no choice but to replace it.

There is a bulletin saying it could be bad expansion memory also in addition to the panel.

eli
09-02-2020, 11:14 PM
Unfortunately that model has had a history of screen failures. You may have no choice but to replace it.

There is a bulletin saying it could be bad expansion memory also in addition to the panel.

Yep, just found the thread after i found the right model number. Where is the expansion memory module? I apologize about a dumb question, not a tech. Just trying to see if i can get this machine working :cool:

blazebusiness
09-02-2020, 11:38 PM
Yep, just found the thread after i found the right model number. Where is the expansion memory module? I apologize about a dumb question, not a tech. Just trying to see if i can get this machine working :cool:

Not a tech.and probably didn't even buy the service manual....I think you should be afraid to even try it......

But since you want to know------It's probably on the MFP board I'd bet. You could take off the back cover and look for memory (maybe like dimms) to unplug or reseat. Don't mess with anything else though like the ssd board or eeprom. Memory should be pretty easy for you to spot and identify. If it doesn't look like memory leave it be.

The only memory board that comes up in the part manual I have looks like this:

Konica Minolta (S)Memory Board(WW) A3GNR71033 A3GNR71044 (https://discountcopiercenter.com/konica-minolta-bizhub-c3850-s-memory-board-ww-a3gnr71033.html)

femaster
09-03-2020, 04:43 AM

Konica Minolta (S)Memory Board(WW) A3GNR71033 A3GNR71044

You guys might want to be careful at that link. It looks like they could have possibly had their website compromised...

blazebusiness
09-03-2020, 11:43 AM
You guys might want to be careful at that link. It looks like they could have possibly had their website compromised...

Been posting here since 2010 and you can trust my posted links. I am always very careful and would never in my recommendations post a bad link. Have gone to that website many times over the last year and no issues. Get a new antivirus program that can discern between threats and non threats. I thought eset was pretty good but they failed you at least on incorrectly flagging this one website.

I researched this further to be absolutely certain , if you go to the eset's own forum many many frustrated users of the eset software are reporting false positives with that exact "supposed" trojan....nothing personal but when that threat appeared on your computer , for curiosity alone maybe you should have researched it yourself first before trashing my link.

Again, nothing personal. I have enjoyed many of your posts in the past. Just don't want anyone to get the false impression that they can't trust my links or recommendations.

femaster
09-04-2020, 02:32 AM
Been posting here since 2010 and you can trust my posted links. I am always very careful and would never in my recommendations post a bad link. Have gone to that website many times over the last year and no issues. Get a new antivirus program that can discern between threats and non threats. I thought eset was pretty good but they failed you at least on incorrectly flagging this one website.
I never said you were purposely trying to lead anybody to an infected website, and I'm sure you have been going there for years without a problem. As can be seen in the image, it indicates that this particular infection was first seen 3 days ago, so if the site were infected, it happened very recently.

I think your insistence that I get a better antivirus is very misplaced here. Eset is one of the top antivirus companies on the market, and I've never had an issue with them leading me astray. Like you with that website, I've never had a problem with Eset offering up false warnings on website infections before. Not saying it's not possible, as anything is possible, but so far their track record has been impeccable for me, so I think I'll be sticking with it.

I researched this further to be absolutely certain , if you go to the eset's own forum many many frustrated users of the eset software are reporting false positives with that exact "supposed" trojan....nothing personal but when that threat appeared on your computer , for curiosity alone maybe you should have researched it yourself first before trashing my link.

Again, nothing personal. I have enjoyed many of your posts in the past. Just don't want anyone to get the false impression that they can't trust my links or recommendations.
Thank you for taking the time to look into that trojan report. Generally I do research when I come across things like that, however, I was up much later that I should have been at that point, and I needed to get to bed. Like I said before, I have never been lead astray, so I just went with it. There was no intention on giving the impression that people can't (or shouldn't) trust your link(s). If that were my intention, I'm sure that I wouldn't have chose now to start flagging them. All I was doing was stating that people who were to follow it should "be careful" as there was a potential issue.

I've since had the time to in fact do some extra checking, and I've run that site through a number of online scanners, and each has stated that it came back clean. My apologies if my previous post offended you in any way. I was just trying to look out for others here, as I would hope the others would do for the rest of us.

VirusTotal (https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/11464bc3010b20994ce5a3ab26ef1f398a77a337bfea7faed3 a63c876e12e8bb/detection)

eli
09-04-2020, 02:46 AM
Not a tech.and probably didn't even buy the service manual....I think you should be afraid to even try it......

But since you want to know------It's probably on the MFP board I'd bet. You could take off the back cover and look for memory (maybe like dimms) to unplug or reseat. Don't mess with anything else though like the ssd board or eeprom. Memory should be pretty easy for you to spot and identify. If it doesn't look like memory leave it be.

Konica Minolta (S)Memory Board(WW) A3GNR71033 A3GNR71044 (https://discountcopiercenter.com/konica-minolta-bizhub-c3850-s-memory-board-ww-a3gnr71033.html)

thank you. i will try and report back.

tsbservice
09-04-2020, 12:44 PM

I never said you were purposely trying to lead anybody to an infected website, and I'm sure you have been going there for years without a problem. As can be seen in the image, it indicates that this particular infection was first seen 3 days ago, so if the site were infected, it happened very recently.

I think your insistence that I get a better antivirus is very misplaced here. Eset is one of the top antivirus companies on the market, and I've never had an issue with them leading me astray. Like you with that website, I've never had a problem with Eset offering up false warnings on website infections before. Not saying it's not possible, as anything is possible, but so far their track record has been impeccable for me, so I think I'll be sticking with it.

Thank you for taking the time to look into that trojan report. Generally I do research when I come across things like that, however, I was up much later that I should have been at that point, and I needed to get to bed. Like I said before, I have never been lead astray, so I just went with it. There was no intention on giving the impression that people can't (or shouldn't) trust your link(s). If that were my intention, I'm sure that I wouldn't have chose now to start flagging them. All I was doing was stating that people who were to follow it should "be careful" as there was a potential issue.

I've since had the time to in fact do some extra checking, and I've run that site through a number of online scanners, and each has stated that it came back clean. My apologies if my previous post offended you in any way. I was just trying to look out for others here, as I would hope the others would do for the rest of us.

VirusTotal (https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/11464bc3010b20994ce5a3ab26ef1f398a77a337bfea7faed3 a63c876e12e8bb/detection)

As we(I) was reading what both of you guys posted here for long time I have no doubts nor lack of faith that you're going to post the best you can to help others.
Keep up good work friends, we need your knowledge.

Custom Search