PDA

View Full Version : C258 display sidebar

Custom Search

blazebusiness
09-02-2020, 10:54 PM
Just picked up a C258 for next to nothing with only 1k copies. Prepping the copier noticed that :

Display has an arrow at the top right of the touchscreen you can hit to expand out a function bar. Problem is even when that side bar is closed that arrow that remains to access the sidebar is blocking the black toner gauge. Anyway to hide or get rid of that sidebar arrow?

tsbservice
09-02-2020, 11:09 PM
Slide it down. Update the FW.

blazebusiness
09-02-2020, 11:12 PM

Thanks for responding...........running the latest GC2-X4 firmware available. I will go try sliding it down

blazebusiness
09-02-2020, 11:15 PM

Sliding it down worked but boy do I feel stupid now. Thanks again tsbservice for the reply.

Think I'm going to try what Synthohol said---disable it in admin mode.

Synthohol
09-02-2020, 11:15 PM
i turn that stupid thing off in admin mode and program the 1-4 keys and apply the stickers over the buttons.

copyman
09-02-2020, 11:16 PM
I tried that before and it came back. The following procedure will take care of it permanently.

To turn off side bar:

Utility, Admin settings, System settings, Custom display settings, slide menu settings, select on or off.

Some other settings for side bar are here as well.

blazebusiness
09-02-2020, 11:20 PM
I tried that before and it came back. The following procedure will take care of it permanently.

To turn off side bar:

Utility, Admin settings, System settings, Custom display settings, slide menu settings, select on or off.

Some other settings for side bar are here as well.

Got it thanks...........

copyman
09-03-2020, 02:26 AM
i turn that stupid thing off in admin mode and program the 1-4 keys and apply the stickers over the buttons.

Old school techs like myself hate that scroll stuff! Hate it on phones and worse on copiers! :confused:

Ha-ha younger generations are use to scrolling everything and think they like it?

copier tech
09-03-2020, 09:37 AM
Old shool techs like myself hate that scroll stuff! Hate it on phones and worse on copiers! :confused:

Ha-ha younger generations are use to scrolling everything and think they like it?

Have you worked on the new Ricoh kit? They have an Android tablet as the control panel now imagine trying to find a hidden setting on that!

Custom Search