PDA

View Full Version : C452 error c-11a1 with grinding noise in fs-527 finisher

Custom Search

Keenkeener
09-03-2020, 05:16 AM
I recently purchased the fs-527 finisher that includes the saddle Stitcher for my c452. When I try to print with it installed, I get a grinding noise in the finisher and error code c11a1. Any suggestions? I have another finisher that I do not get this issue with. Thanks!

GIUBOSS
09-03-2020, 08:11 AM
welcome, are you a technician or an end customer?
-The Exit Roller Home Position Sensor (PC12-FN) is not blocked
even after the set period of time has elapsed after the Exit Open/
Close Motor (M6-FN) is energized (beginning of pressure opera-
tion).
-The Exit Roller Home Position Sensor (PC12-FN) is not unblocked
Close Motor (M6-FN) is energized (beginning of retraction opera-
tion).

Keenkeener
09-03-2020, 09:44 AM
welcome, are you a technician or an end customer?
-The Exit Roller Home Position Sensor (PC12-FN) is not blocked
Close Motor (M6-FN) is energized (beginning of pressure opera-
tion).
-The Exit Roller Home Position Sensor (PC12-FN) is not unblocked
Close Motor (M6-FN) is energized (beginning of retraction opera-
tion).

im the end customer (and technician in this case only lol)

blazebusiness
09-03-2020, 01:02 PM
I recently purchased the fs-527 finisher that includes the saddle Stitcher for my c452. When I try to print with it installed, I get a grinding noise in the finisher and error code c11a1. Any suggestions? I have another finisher that I do not get this issue with. Thanks!

That exit roller pressure / retraction mechanism has to be able to engage and disengage. You can watch it move looking inside the paper exit area. My first step would be watch it move and try and see what is blocking or interfering with the movement causing noise.

Keenkeener
09-03-2020, 01:41 PM
That exit roller pressure / retraction mechanism has to be able to engage and disengage. You can watch it move looking inside the paper exit area. My first step would be watch it move and try and see what is blocking or interfering with the movement causing noise.

When facing the front of the finisher, there is a Small motor with a worm gear at the top left of the finisher. The motor is turning the worm gear, but the shaft that it is attempting to rotate, is not moving. This is what’s causing the noise (worm screw is skipping over the worm wheel.) The gears do not appear too damaged to operate but I’m not sure. The shaft that the motor is attempting to rotate, is a bit difficult to rotate. Any advice on what I should troubleshoot from here?

GIUBOSS
09-03-2020, 01:58 PM
Try lubricating the steel axes where the stapler moves. There is probably a out-of-stage section or a sensor not activated, comparison with the other functioning finisher.

Keenkeener
09-03-2020, 03:33 PM
Try lubricating the steel axes where the stapler moves. There is probably a out-of-stage section or a sensor not activated, comparison with the other functioning finisher.

Great suggestion. Nothing is jumping out at me just yet as they seem very similar.

Where do you suggest I get a service manual for this model?

GIUBOSS
09-03-2020, 03:57 PM
Great suggestion. Nothing is jumping out at me just yet as they seem very similar.

Where do you suggest I get a service manual for this model?

On this site in the Request Technical Manuals and Parts section, you will be ahead if you contribute I think ...

blazebusiness
09-03-2020, 04:08 PM

Where do you suggest I get a service manual for this model? You could PM me your email address if you want to for a google drive download link to the manual.

Keenkeener
09-03-2020, 04:15 PM
Thanks for all the help.

Upon further inspection, I think the worm gear is a bit worse than I thought. When I remove the motor and gear, the exit gate, door, or whatever you call it seems to move freely up and down.

Where would I go to find this part number and what is the best resource for purchasing this kind of part?

blazebusiness
09-03-2020, 04:20 PM
Thanks for all the help.

Upon further inspection, I think the worm gear is a bit worse than I thought. When I remove the motor and gear, the exit gate, door, or whatever you call it seems to move freely up and down.

Where would I go to find this part number and what is the best resource for purchasing this kind of part?

The link I sent you includes the parts manual. With the part number you can find most parts online.

Keenkeener
09-08-2020, 12:40 AM
Success!

I replaced A0HR-8044-00 22T Gear and A0HR-A896-11 Pressure Touching Alienation Motor / M9
and that did it. No trouble now. It was simply a couple of stripped gears.

Thank you for all of your help!!

blazebusiness
09-08-2020, 12:38 PM
Success!

I replaced A0HR-8044-00 22T Gear and A0HR-A896-11 Pressure Touching Alienation Motor / M9

and that did it. No trouble now. It was simply a couple of stripped gears.

Thank you for all of your help!!

Very glad you're up and running.

Custom Search