PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C3350 2557 error

Custom Search

Old Crow
09-03-2020, 02:24 PM
I've been donating my time taking care of a local non-profit's old Ricoh for years, which finally died. Someone donated a Bizhub C3350 which until now has run fairly well. I am not familiar with Konica Minolta's issues, service modes, etc. It is throwing a 2557 error after about 10 copies. From what I see on the forum, it has to do with toner/developer ratio or something related. I went there yesterday and found that the magenta and yellow imaging units are both at 1%. I checked that the toners were in properly and no obstructions for toner feed. Could it be that the imaging units simply need replacing?

Any help much appreciated.

blazebusiness
09-03-2020, 02:30 PM
I've been donating my time taking care of a local non-profit's old Ricoh for years, which finally died. Someone donated a Bizhub C3350 which until now has run fairly well. I am not familiar with Konica Minolta's issues, service modes, etc. It is throwing a 2557 error after about 10 copies. From what I see on the forum, it has to do with toner/developer ratio or something related. I went there yesterday and found that the magenta and yellow imaging units are both at 1%. I checked that the toners were in properly and no obstructions for toner feed. Could it be that the imaging units simply need replacing?

Yes, it is a TCR abnormality black. The black imaging unit is the cheap affordable one. Replacing it should fix the issue.

If you are in the USA precisionroller sells them for $129.95 to end users. You could use coupon code RMN10 for 10% off that price and shipping is free.
Or check Amazon,DCC outlet, ARC services etc.........

Part # IUP-22K

copier tech
09-03-2020, 03:17 PM

Before you order a black imaging unit, power the machine off, remove the waste toner, all the image units & toners, clean the laser glass with the tool inside the front of the paper tray.

Now fit all the units back & check for the error.

Refer to the user guide (goggle this) & have a read on how to complete the above.

Old Crow
09-03-2020, 04:41 PM
Thanks to you both for the input. I will try what you suggested copier tech before getting an image unit. Probably won't go back til next week, will follow up and let you know what happens.

From what I've read online it seems there is no way of resetting the image unit counters and running to failure? If not, can I assume that a magenta and yellow imaging unit will also need to be purchased in the near future based on the 1% life reading? Thanks

copier tech
09-03-2020, 06:10 PM
Thanks to you both for the input. I will try what you suggested copier tech before getting an image unit. Probably won't go back til next week, will follow up and let you know what happens.

From what I've read online it seems there is no way of resetting the image unit counters and running to failure? If not, can I assume that a magenta and yellow imaging unit will also need to be purchased in the near future based on the 1% life reading? Thanks

If you update the firmware you can disable the image unit life warning & carry on using the machine even after they gave expired.

Synthohol
09-03-2020, 06:19 PM
resetting the count wont fix c2557 though...

copier tech
09-03-2020, 06:45 PM
resetting the count wont fix c2557 though...

Nope, but cleaning the laser glass, removing & refitting the K image unit may.

Old Crow
09-10-2020, 03:39 PM
Just following up on my post. I decided to donate an older Ricoh to the non-profit rather than pursuing the Konica Minolta. This way, going forward, I'll know how to fix it (hopefully) and I have parts and supplies on hand. Thanks again for your input.

Custom Search